Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Duncan Castle just said in his podcast decision wont be known until the outcome of project restart known one way or another.

This could be months folks.

Yep I have had no doubt that's the case for about a week now. It got laughed off when I mentioned that last weekend too. The fact football has no resume date and may well resume then be stopped again for potentially months is certainly a factor.

Yeah you are absolutely spot on.

I think at this point it's just spinning wheels.

The buyers know nothing nor do the sellers, and even if they did they'll have signed NDA's that look like a phone book. The Premier League's people won't let anything slip either, and even if they did, these situations are like reporting on a kettle boiling. It may not have been when you were in the room, but the second you left it might have.

Of course the buyers will know stuff as they will be having to provide info, answers and documentation. Its at the owners and directors test stage and as yet there's little to ref flag it.Quite literally at the minute, beyond saying its done, no news is good news.

:thup:

Guest Carrick18

The buyers know nothing nor do the sellers, and even if they did they'll have signed NDA's that look like a phone book. The Premier League's people won't let anything slip either, and even if they did, these situations are like reporting on a kettle boiling. It may not have been when you were in the room, but the second you left it might have.

Of course the buyers will know stuff as they will be having to provide info, answers and documentation. Its at the owners and directors test stage and as yet there's little to ref flag it.Quite literally at the minute, beyond saying its done, no news is good news.

Right, but think of it like applying for a VISA. You know the progress of the big steps, but not , let's say, when they're checking your criminal record.

The last big jump was submitting documents. The only thing they could inform you on is if they've been asked for more or less. Not how it's actually going.

Duncan Castle just said in his podcast decision wont be known until the outcome of project restart known one way or another.

Yep I have had no doubt that's the case for about a week now. It got laughed off when I mentioned that last weekend too. The fact football has no resume date and may well resume then be stopped again for potentially months is certainly a factor.

The Premier League is returning on the 12th. The government have given it the go ahead, and in my opinion the whole allowing to exercise with family members etc announced at the weekend was the governments way of saying playing professional sports is safe and it’s not one rule for one and another for us.

The only real obstacles now is if the games will be at neutral venue or in existing stadiums, and trying to reason to as many players who have doubts as possible.

Right, but think of it like applying for a VISA. You know the progress of the big steps, but not , let's say, when they're checking your criminal record.

The last big jump was submitting documents. The only thing they could inform you on is if they've been asked for more or less. Not how it's actually going.

Poor example as they cant check your criminal record but anyhow.....while we haven't had it knocked back its still on. If other documents against have been submitted, as rumoured, then they have to be looked at, examined and if necessary the buyers will have to answer.

if we were a top six or London club we'd have already appointed Rafa and signed Coutinho

Paul Smith

@Smudge1962

·

13m

It’s never been in the PL’s interest to block this #NUFCTakeover To maintain their claims of having the best league in world football they need very rich investors. Those investors inevitably attract the best players which in turn increases the PL’s commercial power globally

Guest awaymag

Fuck me I don't think I can bare more than another week of this.

Just wait for the sunday morning papers -- the shit show will go up a notch!

Yeah you are absolutely spot on.

So, I'm fairly sure Strawberry and My Silent Face are the same person.  :lol: :lol:

Guest godzilla

That Castle podcast is all over the shop, he contradicts himself three or four times.

Aye he does at that  :lol:

That Castle podcast is all over the shop, he contradicts himself three or four times.

The tweet is the same.  I'm not sure how "not clear whether they will get approval" and "if it was they would have it by now" follow each other

Aye he does at that  :lol:

Says the PL is only focused on project restart but then basically says the buyers are wondering what the hold up is 😂

Basically that says when they get the decision it will be rejection.

:lol: No it doesn't. It says it's not clear whetherit will be accepted or not. And if it was clear whether they would or not, they'd have got the decision by now. It basically says the length of time it has taken makes them less confident that when the decision comes, it'll be an acceptance.

Basically that says when they get the decision it will be rejection.

:lol: No it doesn't. It says it's not clear whetherit will be accepted or not. And if it was clear whether they would or not, they'd have got the decision by now. It basically says the length of time it has taken makes them less confident that when the decision comes, it'll be an acceptance.

So basically he has no idea? :lol: