Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If you listen to him on podcasts, he's just sick of answering the same question.

True, but he's only getting those questions so much because Staveley told him she was gonna pass the test imminently, nearly 3 weeks ago now. So he should be annoyed at her surely  :lol:

There is no definitive proof that Staveley is his source or that he does even have a source

It's just about obvious that she is, she's done an interview for him previously.

My biggest concern with Caulkin is that his source previously led him down the garden path with the BZG deal which george nicely described afterwards as 'bollocks from the start'.

If a source has previously given information which turns out to be false or incorrect I would not be so quick to use any future information from them

Eh? Didnt Caulkin pretty much dampen that one from day one. He was fairly consistent. Also, it's not the same source FFS.

Its clear AS is confident. Whether she should be is a different story entirely.

If you listen to him on podcasts, he's just sick of answering the same question.

True, but he's only getting those questions so much because Staveley told him she was gonna pass the test imminently, nearly 3 weeks ago now. So he should be annoyed at her surely  :lol:

There is no definitive proof that Staveley is his source or that he does even have a source

It's just about obvious that she is, she's done an interview for him previously.

My biggest concern with Caulkin is that his source previously led him down the garden path with the BZG deal which george nicely described afterwards as 'bollocks from the start'.

If a source has previously given information which turns out to be false or incorrect I would not be so quick to use any future information from them

He probably has more than one source so might be someone completely different.

Reading between the lines...

They had given the PL everything they had asked for approximately 3 weeks ago and had been told to expect a decision soon. However, a load of shite was thrown at the PL, who had a responsibility to check it. Therefore, they have been back to AS asking for more details/documents etc, which presumably she has again complied with.

Who knows if they have since asked for more stuff? It will take as long as it takes.

Eh? Didnt Caulkin pretty much dampen that one from day one. He was fairly consistent. Also, it's not the same source FFS.

Which is why I agree that Staveley may not be his source.

It is not an assault on Georges character. Im just making the point that no resepcted journalist would rely on a poor source

It is not an assault on Georges character. Im just making the point that no resepcted journalist would rely on a poor source

One way or another, once it's done the decision will leak. Too many people with big mouths wanting relevance to the biggest football story outside of Restart for it to stay quiet.

George even his week said he was not on BZG bandwagon. I am surprised to find in this forum he is. Can you guys dont have the smallest shame? If you want to be pessimistic and dont want to trust what is going on it is fine.

One way or another, once it's done the decision will leak. Too many people with big mouths wanting relevance to the biggest football story outside of Restart for it to stay quiet.

Even Chimp Mitts will want to know answer so he can complain or declare himself the saviour of the Premier League in the Middle East. No way he would keep quiet

Yeah I'm not sure Staveley was involved with BZG (I was under the impression she wasn't) - but she was his source for her 1st failed attempt that played out very publicly. She is very confident, I just think some caution is required given the history of the source.

Yeah I'm not sure Staveley was involved with BZG (I was under the impression she wasn't) - but she was his source for her 1st failed attempt that played out very publicly. She is very confident, I just think some caution is required given the history of the source.

He’s speaking with Staveley directly. Like he’s been in her home more than once, I’m sure they are on speaking terms without him having to harass her every second day to ease our worries.

He’s correct in saying that he wasn’t on the BZG bandwagon. In fact he poured cold water on that within 2 days of the story leaking. And I think what he did say was that all he was aware of was another interested party who was trying to put something together. It’s obvious now this was Staveley who took a year to get the big guns involved.

If he’s saying this week that they are still confident, it means they haven’t contacted him to tell him otherwise.

Just remember the journalists need to produce a certain amount of traffic to their articles and in the absence of any definitive information from the main stakeholders, they are bound to try and turn small snippets into much bigger stories.

Just look at how many 'the deal is in doubt' articles are accompanied with 'NEWCASTLE READY TO SPLASH £300M ON MBAPPE'. They're playing both sides for maximum revenue.

You said yesterday as well that it was "nearly three weeks ago", but he said Wednesday two weeks ago. Two weeks and a day is not nearly three weeks.

You said yesterday as well that it was "nearly three weeks ago", but he said Wednesday two weeks ago. Two weeks and a day is not nearly three weeks.

Well I don't have access to his phone to see the exact times, the weekend of 25th/26th April he probably spoke to his sources, then said they were expecting a decision as early as the middle of that week. Count the fucking days if it bothers you that much  :lol:

Right for the first time ever I’m putting someone on the ignore list, possibly one of the worst posters this forum has ever had. Worse than NE5!

Not sure if you can put yourself on the ignore list.

;)