Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest awaymag

Genuinely, in all of this have any of you ever even considered for a single second what you'd do if someone murdered and dismembered your wives without facing justice? And then maybe considered just how removed from perspective someone saying that you sending repeated requests to the FA "isn't on" might be?

But people get murdered every day, whether state sponsored or not, i.e Russia with the poisoning case in Salisbury.    To me I support NUFC and live in the North East.  I saw the news when it happened and my reaction was that sounds awful.  Did I give it a second thought after that, no.  If the NUFC gets taking over, will I give it another thought, probably not.    NUFC is about football, if I was interested in Politics and Human Rights Abuse I would join the various groups.

Sorry if people think that is an awful stance but that is how I look at it, each to their own!

At this point she needs to f*** right off

And they say sportswashing doesn't work. :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure everyone on here would definitely just give up and walk away if the person who had their future wife dismembered still hadn't faced justice, just so some miscellaneous football fans overseas can have a sugar daddy.

Should read the replies to the chronicle tweet, it’s already happened. Loads of “this is boring! Qataris crossing her hands with gold!”

Not surprising at all like, local paper comments sections are possibly worse than Facebook.

This is so true. You said this before a couple of years ago and I never went back to read them because of how mad it made me and how you summed it up. Thank you for that damn fine bit of life insight as it probably helped my blood pressure a lot.

Guest chicken little

She is doing more harm to herself than any good. She needs to disappear.

get to fuck

Genuinely, in all of this have any of you ever even considered for a single second what you'd do if someone murdered and dismembered your wives without facing justice? And then maybe considered just how removed from perspective someone saying that you sending repeated requests to the FA "isn't on" might be?

Yes.  We've had about 50 pages of it at various points in the thread.

Imagine the law was like this and rather than refer to case law or precedent they had to go through every argument over and over for every case.  It's bonkers.

Can't say I've seen any comments from the two posters I was speaking to tbh.

Well yeah it would be if it was the law, but it's a football forum during a takeover and isolation. Think it could be a lot worse considering the circumstances tbh.

Yes.  We've had about 50 pages of it at various points in the thread.

Imagine the law was like this and rather than refer to case law or precedent they had to go through every argument over and over for every case.  It's bonkers.

Can't say I've seen any comments from the two posters I was speaking to tbh.

Well yeah it would be if it was the law, but it's a football forum during a takeover and isolation. Think it could be a lot worse considering the circumstances tbh.

It really couldn't :lol:

Oh well, here we go again, ding fucking ding, round 384.

Guest reefatoon

It's the selfish nature the human race is unfortunately. Something that is emotionally closer to someone is always going to take precedent. People being murdered no matter who or where is always horrific, but trying to get someone to side with a total stranger over something that is emotionally closer to them, is always going to be hard. Like you mentioned, most people will only get invested seriously if it happens to them.

But people get murdered every day, whether state sponsored or not, i.e Russia with the poisoning case in Salisbury.    To me I support NUFC and live in the North East.  I saw the news when it happened and my reaction was that sounds awful.  Did I give it a second thought after that, no.  If the NUFC gets taking over, will I give it another thought, probably not.    NUFC is about football, if I was interested in Politics and Human Rights Abuse I would join the various groups.

Sorry if people think that is an awful stance but that is how I look at it, each to their own!

People getting murdered every day isn't a reason to go out and bat for the people doing the murdering.

Totally get what you're saying about not giving it a second thought, but the whole point is that it's now come into our NUFC world and the two aren't separate anymore, whether we like it or not.

Hmmm it is possible to have every sympathy for what happened to her whilst also thinking her actions with regard to our takeover have been excessive. It's not mutually exclusive. She's definitely being very badly advised by someone that much is clear.

It's the selfish nature the human race is unfortunately. Something that is emotionally closer to someone is always going to take precedent. People being murdered no matter who or where is always horrific, but trying to get someone to side with a total stranger over something that is emotionally closer to them, is always going to be hard. Like you mentioned, most people will only get invested seriously if it happens to them.

Yep. I read up on this some time ago, I think it was referred to as a "monkey sphere". Basically, monkeys could stretch their sphere of caring to approx 50 other individuals that they cared about. With humans they extrapolated to about 150 people that they cared about or were important in some way. Family, friends etc were within that sphere but for example the man who takes the rubbish away? You know he exists, he performs a task that is useful to you but as you're not personally involved with him you don't care about his life. You very likely don't wish him any harm, but he isn't within your monkey sphere so if something happened to him, you'd feel that it was certainly sad but not anywhere near the scale of emotion should anything have happened to someone close to you.

Fair points. I totally get people pursuing their material interests like and it's just a sad fact of life that that can be manipulated to this extent. I just don't get why for some that extends to being openly hostile towards a widow fighting her own battle that every single one of us on here would fight if we were in her position. It just seems deranged and completely devoid of perspective tbh.

Why would the Premier League even grant her a meeting? She’s got nothing to do with this takeover process whatsoever.

It's almost inconceivable that they would. In fact, I can't believe the response would be anything other than "Dear Love, Soz, but it would be wildly inappropriate to discuss this with you."

At this point she needs to f*** right off

And they say sportswashing doesn't work. :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure everyone on here would definitely just give up and walk away if the person who had their future wife dismembered still hadn't faced justice, just so some miscellaneous football fans overseas can have a sugar daddy.

Should read the replies to the chronicle tweet, it’s already happened. Loads of “this is boring! Qataris crossing her hands with gold!”

Not surprising at all like, local paper comments sections are possibly worse than Facebook.

This is so true. You said this before a couple of years ago and I never went back to read them because of how mad it made me and how you summed it up. Thank you for that damn fine bit of life insight as it probably helped my blood pressure a lot.

Haha, no problem! I don't remember me saying it like, but I'll take the W :lol:

Hmmm it is possible to have every sympathy for what happened to her whilst also thinking her actions with regard to our takeover have been excessive. It's not mutually exclusive. She's definitely being very badly advised by someone that much is clear.

How? All eyes are on her husbands killers? I’d say that is pretty good?

Are they though? Her first letters were mainstream news. The media interest seems to be fading away with every letter though.

Why would the Premier League even grant her a meeting? She’s got nothing to do with this takeover process whatsoever.

Don’t think they will, they responded to her first letter, I can’t see them responding again.

Thry aren't though. They are on the club, the fans and the Premier league, its our moral judgement in question. He's actually had fuck all levelled at him, I doubt he's even arsed.

I don't know what the answer is, but simply fed up with it all. Hopefully it goes through very soon and if she has any more to say our fans can at least not worry about it stopping the takeover and maybe going back to less intense feelings on her and the issues she brings.

And, not be contrary, but playing devil's advocate, that's assuming the people involved did actively participate in the killing of her husband. It could be said that outcome is just opinion based on an unproven possibility, however likely or unlikely.

I’m guessing this has already been said at some point in this thread but one of the problems of the tests dragging on is invites more and more bad press to the situation. The sooner this is decided the better for everyone involved.

Guest reefatoon

Fair points. I totally get people pursuing their material interests like and it's just a sad fact of life that that can be manipulated to this extent. I just don't get why for some that extends to being openly hostile towards a widow fighting her own battle that every single one of us on here would fight if we were in her position. It just seems deranged and completely devoid of perspective tbh.

:thup: Even though I really want this deal to go through (and that is on a material level, but also excitement on what can happen to the area as a whole), I totally agree with you about the hostility of some people towards her. That is filth and just not needed.