Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

No wonder it's taking time, this. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes on for another few weeks before we've new owners confirmed.

Well if that's the case then the sources indicating it's either been signed off or no 'red flags' are talking absolute s*** then. There is some respected reporters in that company also mind, who do you believe is the question?

I only trust George Caulkin 100% in this and if he says 'no red flags', well then I believe him. He's been saying all along that it's still with the PL.

We don’t know if this is classed as new information since Caulkin seemed to indicate it was close last week.

I may have read it wrong (probably have) but did Hopes article not say they've had this information since May 11th

I think so, I’m unsure if what the premier league has and the one to be submitted in June is the same thing

It will be I would think. You can't keep accepting stuff to digest without a 'cut off' date otherwise it could be going on for months if not even years otherwise.

That is promising then, as I’ve said Caulkin as of Friday said no red flags.

Like Neesy says, if nothing else it gives the PL an in to shut the piracy down. There will be plenty of back and forth in this, but can't help but feel even if this us rejected it'll rumble on, with appeals, etc.

Maybe a stupid question, but is the document the premier league received on the 11th may the same one due to be published in mid June ?

If so this would surely be an irrelevant story if we are believing Caulkin and Jason Burt.

I think so.

Guest godzilla

Has anything taken this long and actually, in the end, happened?

Southampton, but, that was only because they were knocked back in the original test.

Do people against the deal just expect the PL to wait week by week for new information to be uncovered that can be presented to them.

I don't get it. They do their own background checks they don't put it out there for anyone to throw their 2 cents in. If there is nothing to stop it they can't just tell the prospective owners "just wait another week or month. We want to see if something new pops up". Is it not simply based on facts of the time of the application? Thats like Norwich requesting the league wait and let them play another couple of games to see if they can win a couple of friendlies and count that towards survival.

All kinds of legal problems if the string it out in the hopes of something new popping up. There has to be a window of common sense and legality.

I reckon it's done tbh.  Just the announcement now, hopefully in the next day or two.

Can’t see it myself unfortunately

Planewatch knows :snod:

Planewatch needs a good wash and to maybe get a girlfriend

So in summary this is old news. This the spanner in the works that was presented  in early May, yet it wasn't rejected out of hand. I'd imagine PIF will be having to give a lot of assurances and the PL cover themselves in case anything legal comes their way.

Nothing we didn't already know really.

None of these rags have been right about it supposedly getting confirmed in the next few days when they called it, so hopefully they’re wrong about this too.

Caulkin was tweeting this afternoon and didn’t seem concerned and that Podcast will be available soon too.

Guest Butcher

Will anyone watch us if this falls through? even the support the team lads will surely pack it up after this?

Will never watch a game of football again.

Will anyone watch us if this falls through? even the support the team lads will surely pack it up after this?

I won’t be watching any football, wouldn’t give the league any attention whatsoever.

Fuck them.

So in summary this is old news. This the spanner in the works that was presented  in early May, yet it wasn't rejected out of hand. I'd imagine PIF will be having to give a lot of assurances and the PL cover themselves in case anything legal comes their way.

That's the way I looked at it. 11th May the PL received new evidence that put the takeover in doubt.

We didn't know what that evidence was.

26th May, the "news" is that we now know what the evidence is that was submitted 2 weeks ago.

None of these rags have been right about it supposedly getting confirmed in the next few days when they called it, so hopefully they’re wrong about this too.

Caulkin was tweeting this afternoon and didn’t seem concerned and that Podcast will be available soon too.

That was recorded before this broke