Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

F*ck sake, this cycle's getting tedious. It's at the stage now for me where it just feels like the FA are stalling until someone gives them a decent enough reason to reject the takeover. How's it gone from being unofficially approved last week to this sh*t yet again?!  :hmm:

I'm not sure why the PL wouldn't want this to go ahead personally. They can kill off the Saudi piracy issue with assurances from MBS, and also probably renegotiate a much better deal for that region next time around. Do they really want to walk away from all that potential revenue the Saudis could bring in, especially when their finances are under pressure from Covid. Plus there's the pressure they're undoubtedly under from the UK government to make this happen (Keys had alluded to it).

Obviously there is plenty of opposition within the PL and current TV partners they have to deal with, and the human rights stuff they have to consider, but at the end of the day, money talks.

A few tweets on the thread, but seems pretty balanced.

Top thread that, very informative and should put a few doubts to bed.

It only puts doubts to bed if ingles article is incorrect. Because he stated the Saudis are behind beout, not turning a blind eye to piracy.

The way I read that thread, suggests that would give premier grounds to reject.

Realistically how long can £300m+ be sat in escrow or whatever whilst the Premier League fanny about with this?

2-4 weeks the guideline (in a 'normal' situation, granted) - we're now approaching 7 weeks if the April 9th submission date is to be believed. Not that I have one shred of sympathy for the cunt, but Ashley is presumably selling so he can pump that money into his other businesses in light of an extreme global situation that is putting those interests (and that of the thousands of employees who work within those businesses) in massive jeopardy. How long can they realistically take with this, and of course allow anyone who fancies throwing allegations that would scupper the deal into the mix to elongate proceedings even further?

Really aware that what I've just written is whiny, pig-headed garbage, but I'm at the point now where I'd honestly be happy to toss a coin and get the cunting result in, be it optimistic future under new ownership or being able to completely walk away from the club knowing full well we're stuck with Ashley and Bruce for the long haul.

I do think the papers will be exaggerating every last movement (or even just making it up) cos there's nowt else of substance to report on, which of course dials the frustration up to 11 for everyone concerned. But I echo the others in this thread who feel exhausted and fed up as fuck with this situation, it's worse than before the news broke when we were all resigned to Ashley and Brucey Bacon pootling along in 13th place.

It only puts doubts to bed if ingles article is incorrect. Because he stated the Saudis are behind beout, not turning a blind eye to piracy.

Not sure how you read it that way. I read it the complete opposite way.

Problem is that both journalists are reporting on a document they haven’t read, and are relying on (at best) second hand and potentially biased reports.

More noise.

That whole thread is probably the most enlightening I've read on the whole piracy subject, well worth a read.

Feeling a bit more positive after reading that too.

The bit where he argues both failing to control piracy and directly starting/running the channel are "crimes deserving of hefty punishment" has me confused to be honest although admittedly I'm not very well versed in copyright law. How can a sovereign nation commit a crime by "failing to control piracy"? I mean, I understand that the PL and the right holders might have their views on what SA should have been doing with respect to stopping Beoutq stealing their content, but a crime..? Isn't it a soverign state's perogative to either pursue or not pursue piracy just like it is their perogative to do many other things people may find objectionable?

Guest awaymag

None of the journalists seem to be making any comment on the fact they have had these documents since may 11th, this seems pretty important surely.

Or why the journalist has released this now.  2 weeks ago when the journalist broke the news, he would have had this information then.  He held this back for a reason.  So why release now, why not last weekend.  Also why release it on a Tuesday early evening.  Why not the usual blockbuster Sunday papers? 

Either way, the Premier League needs to provide an answer this week.  It can't let it go into an 8th week surely.

Even if a completed takeover 'wouldnt be a surprise' or is still 'likely'....... that feels a long way back from where we were. Because we've basically been told for the last week that it's all done.

I'm worried for the first time :(

Every time it starts looking like there’s a consensus that it’ll be done soon, something pipes up.. I’m guessing the pressure is from the same place (Q)

They must be so desperate at this point.

Not sure how you read it that way. I read it the complete opposite way.

The thread seems to indicate the Saudis crime would be deemed far more serious if they were actually behind beout, as opposed to just failing to clamp down on it. He even says if they were found to be behind it, the premier would have every right to block takeover.

Sean Inges article states Saudis are behind beout, that would seem to imply they’ve played apart in setting it up. Therefore, going by the thread premier league would be in their rights to block.

The positive I drew from thread was that this appears to have been outside of WTO’s remit when investigating.

Still nowt from Caulkin. Reckon he's stressing over how to word his tweet that confirms its all but over?

That's where I'm at :lol:

Like when you really don't want to give bad news and don't know how to do it.

Still nowt from Caulkin. Reckon he's stressing over how to word his tweet that confirms its all but over?

Or avoiding saying owt cos he can't be arsed with his phone pinging all night as hundreds of dullards incessantly reply asking him what's happening. No doubt he's already been tagged in scores of "wotz gan on George?!?!?!!?!" tweets.

No doubt in my mind that it is Qatar again leaking things to put pressure in the Premier League. It’s a non-story.

Nevertheless it has gone beyond the pale now, I can see that it is damaging the mental health of a number of fans. If this can’t be done by 1st June then the supporters really do need some form of communication for their own sanity.

Or avoiding saying owt cos he can't be arsed with his phone pinging all night as hundreds of dullards incessantly reply asking him what's happening. No doubt he's already been tagged in scores of "wotz gan on George?!?!?!!?!" tweets.

Poor bloke must feel under the cosh, he’ll have invested as much emotionally in this as all of us, and probably more.

If this does go tits up I don’t think any blame can be attached to him. All his info and confidence is direct from buyers, who as he previously stated as no reason to distrust.

My problem is with the likes of hope and bird, they have blatantly jumped on the guardian article tonight, and just topped and tailed with some speculative shite of their own making.

I’m sure hope did exactly the same after Shaun Ingles first article 3 weeks ago, the blokes a fu#%ing fraud.

All the back pages have dived in with this story, like. Got to hope it's just a case of reporting anything at the moment with so little to talk about.

I do think this is going to run and run though.

All the back pages have dived in with this story, like. Got to hope it's just a case of reporting anything at the moment with so little to talk about.

I do think this is going to run and run though.

well its reasonably big news regardless of if football was a thing in England or not atm but yeah take one look at any papers sport section in the last few months and its fairly barren so of coarse they're going to leap on some actual news to report on

Guest awaymag

Media is just a joke, one person writes something then the others basically report it but say 'according to X'.  Before you know it, it looks like every paper is reporting the same thing.  They are but its just from one source, regurgitated many, many times.

Anyone who buys a physical paper or subscribes to online equivalent, must be mad IMHO.

*The Athletic seems diffferent from all accounts but I don't subscribe so can say

Seen someone suggest the PL commissioned this report. Surely that can’t be right can it?

guardians report says this

Previously Fifa, Uefa, the Premier League, La Liga and others have tried to take legal action against beoutQ in Saudi Arabia for illegally streaming matches, but nine local legal firms declined to take on the copyright case. Subsequently a case against Saudi Arabia was taken to the WTO, the highest judicial body that could rule on the matter. It has now issued its ruling – finding that Saudi Arabia is in breach of international law as a result of beoutQ.