Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It’s a non story.

The reason why Caulkin hasn’t said anything, well why should he be tweeting the same message every day after every negative article, most of which are just repeats of existing stories?

Before the article came out today he said it’s still at the same stage today as it was last week.

In saying this the Premier League aren’t handling this well.

Yeah ok so because of the pandemic at the moment it may take a little longer than the 2-4 weeks window they usually give. However it should be taking what will be at least 8 weeks, twice as long as their maximum recommended timeline, and 4 times as long as their lowest estimated timeline.

The Premier League have vast resources, they can afford to have people on this and the project restart. If anything project restart would be taking less resources staff wise as for 2 months they have had to wait on government approval.

They have themselves kept the pressure and focus on them over this. Begging letters from Amnesty and a widow, and allowed themselves to be the centre of a political warfare game. They could have and should have had this resolved by now. They could have and should have got the pressure off their backs by now. They have had 2 opportunities to do it when the government twice came out saying they won’t block the move. Twice they could have approved it and said the government prevented us from doing so, and absorbed themselves of blame.

They have had this last week when the government was under fire over Cummings.

The Premier League have not shown any respect to the prospective buyers or Ashley by dragging their heels. They have not shown any respect to the fans of our club by allowing this to be played out time and time again.

As typical with any football authority and our government, they have not shown any respect to the general population/fans. They have deliberately put themselves in a position where all eyes on them, where everyone around them is getting frustrated at their in action.

The Premier League and football authorities in this country are not fit to take action. The people there are plainly very happy to sit there and watch the money roll in. When a major decision or action is required they take their time, they panic, they simply can’t make a design, they don’t expect too. All they expect is to sit around, watch the money come in, spend it on lavish meetings that do nothing, and expenses for jobs they never did.

Football needs a major shakeup in this country, and quite frankly the football authorities are shitting themselves because this virus threatens to do exactly that, it also threatens to ask the question of where the money has gone? and what they have done?

It's not a 'non-story' like :lol: no matter how much you try to convince yourself..

Ok, then it’s not a developed story. The article states that the WTO appears are the same ones filed to the Premier League a month ago. The same ones that it has already been reported that is unlikely to impact the sale of the club. The author of the article today has even said it likely won’t result in the takeover being blocked.

It’s not a non-story, but it’s not a developed story, and write of the article even admits that title of it is misleading.

Guest godzilla

It's not a 'non-story' like :lol: no matter how much you try to convince yourself..

If nothing is heard by the start of next week, I think it will show that it's anything but a non-story. My only hope is that the papers were sent to the Premier League over 2 weeks ago and they have been discussed with the buyers and the issue resolved. We will see.

All the back pages have dived in with this story, like. Got to hope it's just a case of reporting anything at the moment with so little to talk about.

I do think this is going to run and run though.

They all jumped in on the reports it had been given the green light last week as well.

I get the impression that Caulkin doesn't know as much as everyone thinks he does. I like him but I'm just not too sure how ITK he is..

He knows about as much as Staveley tells him, basically.

Doesn't sound like it's going to happen this week. Looks like the donkey work is done but the top brass need to review, consult and sign off. That isn't happening until project restart is up and running. Could be a few weeks yet.

I’m still on this line of thinking. It’s all done bar the shouting. Any NEW evidence will be rejected, but I do think the WTO was the last spanner in the works talked about a week or so ago.

Btw, for those in the cheap seats - this is my opinion, it’s not fact and I’m not passing it off as fact. Keep your drama to yourself. :)

Ok, then it’s not a developed story. The article states that the WTO appears are the same ones filed to the Premier League a month ago. The same ones that it has already been reported that is unlikely to impact the sale of the club. The author of the article today has even said it likely won’t result in the takeover being blocked.

It’s not a non-story, but it’s not a developed story, and write of the article even admits that title of it is misleading.

that may have been what was reported but here we are and its still not ratified, I think its a reasonable assumption to make that this report is clearly having some impact even in just slowing it down and while the headline may be a bit overblown fact is the premier league (and other governance bodies) are less than pleased with how SA has treated the piracy issue so they're going to go into as much detail as possible.

as a side note its rather depressing for football in general that its not something like SA's human rights record, bombing of yemen or just that a fucking country shouldn't be allowed to own a football club putting this under any threat but instead its about a danger to premier league tv money from the piracy issue. Fuck modern football and everything it stands for

I honestly think the Premier League are dragging their heals in the hope the buyers get fed up of the delay and pull the deal.  That way they don't have to make a decision.  They probs want to say No but know they can't.

I honestly think the Premier League are dragging their heals in the hope the buyers get fed up of the delay and pull the deal.  That way they don't have to make a decision.  They probs want to say No but know they can't.

Nah PL want this likely more than anyone. The money its brings, more open doors for TV Deals and exposure they won't want to turn it away even if they don't like the moral issues.

as a side note its rather depressing for football in general that its not something like SA's human rights record, bombing of yemen or just that a fucking country shouldn't be allowed to own a football club putting this under any threat but instead its about a danger to premier league tv money from the piracy issue. Fuck modern football and everything it stands for

Aye. Anti-Ashley as they come but under no illusions that this is getting our club back. Having the football go and not having to deal with the day to day shite that comes with the club as has been with Ashley means I’m questioning how much I miss it. Admittedly it’s not as significant a part of my lifestyle as it is to others. All this toing and froing from fans, journos and commentators makes you miss it even less.

Still think the PL aren't daft and knew exactly what they were dealing with long before the official transaction happened. They'll have been waiting for SA to buy a club and will have known well in advance what to expect. They'll have anticipated issues with human rights, Sheffield Utd, possible piracy and so on, they're not fucking stupid. My feeling is that they'll have known about the obstacles, thought about them months in advance and if they've not said 'no' yet then they're probably not going to now. They've had weeks to throw this out and it's still going on. I get the fact it's highly delicate and needs careful consideration but the PL isn't a set of pristine and innocent little doves who don't quite know what to do. They're a pack of hard-nosed cunts who have their heads screwed on.

Until I hear it's off, I'm assuming it's on. Fuck it.   

Nah PL want this likely more than anyone. The money its brings, more open doors for TV Deals and exposure they won't want to turn it away even if they don't like the moral issues.

don't agree on the basis of bad pr of even being remotely associated with SA and the piracy issue, it raises awkward questions for them if they're bringing court cases against SA and going to the WTO about them but then just wave them through a few months later. Plus if they really wanted this deal it would have been ratified by now

Guest Carrick18

I get the impression that Caulkin doesn't know as much as everyone thinks he does. I like him but I'm just not too sure how ITK he is..

He knows what Staveley tells him.

This is feeling like when everyone was saying it was a "non-story" being blown up out of nothing by the media that Keegan was unhappy and going to quit.

Except there's nothing remotely comparable about the situations other than that they're both to do with the club we support.

I'm with Midds. Until it's off, it's on.

Still think the PL aren't daft and knew exactly what they were dealing with long before the official transaction happened. They'll have been waiting for SA to buy a club and will have known well in advance what to expect. They'll have anticipated issues with human rights, Sheffield Utd, possible piracy and so on, they're not fucking stupid. My feeling is that they'll have known about the obstacles, thought about them months in advance and if they've not said 'no' yet then they're probably not going to now. They've had weeks to throw this out and it's still going on. I get the fact it's highly delicate and needs careful consideration but the PL isn't a set of pristine and innocent little doves who don't quite know what to do. They're a pack of hard-nosed cunts who have their heads screwed on.

Until I hear it's off, I'm assuming it's on. Fuck it. 

:clap:

Between the above and the matter of starting the league up again, I’m still in. It’s days not weeks at this point. Once we hear word on the EFL up and running again we’ll hear word on our takeover.

https://beoutq.tv

The above link details a time line and all the organisations who have issued complaints over this illegal network.

It's been going on long before pif had interest in nufc.

The only thing I'd be concerned over is if any of the three parties buying nufc,Staveley, Reubens,MBS, are directly linked to any of the beoutQ activiy, then it might just be a choice the PL hold against them.I would doubt Staveley/Reubens are involved at all with that sort of thing really, but the Saudis linked to us? Who knows?

Its currently not broadcasting anymore.

Guest Howaythetoon

The fit and proper persons test does not allow the PL to conduct a legal investigation of their own of any one that would extend to practically carrying out a criminal investigation. They are not the FBI or Scotland Yard. It’s not their job to investigate people in this way nor can they. This is bull shit. What is happening or has happened is others have raised the issue of piracy to them and sent them examples that link them and the most they can do is look into it all and determine whether such issues warrant an explanation, guarantees or further questioning which is probably behind any delays. They can’t deny the takeover based on heresay, rumour or circumstantial evidence and would have to conduct their own investigation to conclude otherwise, which they can’t because they aren’t allowed to, have no right to and would be met every way legally of they even tried. If they do deny the taker based on this they would end up being overruled eventually legally and face all kinds of problems from that in the same way they can not deny the takeover because of some widow writing letters or others raising human rights issues.

They are limited to what they can and can not do which any issues of privacy or human rights issues is way beyond their scope and the remit of their actual test. And even if they ruled against the takeover on other issues they do have the power or authority over, they cannot legally prevent the sale of a U.K. registered business to anyone and they wouldn’t dare prevent the club from playing in their competition based on anything. They can only deduct points. Not ban the club. Only the FA can do that and they wouldn’t.

Whoever are involved in trying to delay or stop the takeover - unless they can legally prove that the owners and or directors are criminals or they own, ran or were employed in a criminal organisation illegally and knowingly did so, well, they won’t succeed and again, the PL don’t have the authority to carry out such a thorough investigation of their own, they can only take a look and there will only be one outcome either way, a decision that concludes they all pass their test which they do.

Piracy issues, human rights complaints, letters from widows, this is nothing more than those who object to the takeover trying to arm twist the PL who rightfully, as a matter of courtesy have to consider and take a look at which slows things down, but won’t stop it from happening because they can’t and I guarantee don’t want to anyway, because these new owners aren’t just buying into NUFC, but their brand and their money right now is needed more than ever and all new ‘partners’ serves to benefit them financially a lot.

I’d be astonished if they ruled against it and I’d guarantee they’d end up forced into reversing their decision at a huge expense to them which would open up all kinds of issues and damage their own credibility and authority to decide such matters in future.

What will likely happen after this is they will implement new and tougher conditions and criteria which will only still serve to cover their own arses.

The fit and proper persons test does not allow the PL to conduct a legal investigation of their own of any one that would extend to practically carrying out a criminal investigation. They are not the FBI or Scotland Yard. It’s not their job to investigate people in this way nor can they. This is bull shit. What is happening or has happened is others have raised the issue of piracy to them and sent them examples that link them and the most they can do is look into it all and determine whether such issues warrant an explanation, guarantees or further questioning which is probably behind any delays. They can’t deny the takeover based on heresay, rumour or circumstantial evidence and would have to conduct their own investigation to conclude otherwise, which they can’t because they aren’t allowed to, have no right to and would be met every way legally of they even tried. If they do deny the taker based on this they would end up being overruled eventually legally and face all kinds of problems from that in the same way they can not deny the takeover because of some widow writing letters or others raising human rights issues.

They are limited to what they can and can not do which any issues of privacy or human rights issues is way beyond their scope and the remit of their actual test. And even if they ruled against the takeover on other issues they do have the power or authority over, they cannot legally prevent the sale of a U.K. registered business to anyone and they wouldn’t dare prevent the club from playing in their competition based on anything. They can only deduct points. Not ban the club. Only the FA can do that and they wouldn’t.

Whoever are involved in trying to delay or stop the takeover - unless they can legally prove that the owners and or directors are criminals or they own, ran or were employed in a criminal organisation illegally and knowingly did so, well, they won’t succeed and again, the PL don’t have the authority to carry out such a thorough investigation of their own, they can only take a look and there will only be one outcome either way, a decision that concludes they all pass their test which they do.

Piracy issues, human rights complaints, letters from widows, this is nothing more than those who object to the takeover trying to arm twist the PL who rightfully, as a matter of courtesy have to consider and take a look at which slows things down, but won’t stop it from happening because they can’t and I guarantee don’t want to anyway, because these new owners aren’t just buying into NUFC, but their brand and their money right now is needed more than ever and all new ‘partners’ serves to benefit them financially a lot.

I’d be astonished if they ruled against it and I’d guarantee they’d end up forced into reversing their decision at a huge expense to them which would open up all kinds of issues and damage their own credibility and authority to decide such matters in future.

What will likely happen after this is they will implement new and tougher conditions and criteria which will only still serve to cover their own arses.

This is all bang on, with one exception that I can see.

The PL could refuse to approve or deny - they could effectively hold the O&D Test conclusion hostage subject to the Saudi's agreeing some unrelated concessions.  For example, the PL could (theoretically) let it be known that the O&D Test is going to take months longer unless they see laws enacted within Saudi Arabia banning the pirating of football broadcasts.

The PL is powerless to rule for or against the passing of the O&D Test for any reason other than those documented in the O&D Test criteria.  To do otherwise will, as HTT says, land them in a legal case that they would lose.  But, they could decide to take a very, very, very long time to complete the test and thereby make it impractical for the sale to proceed.

Shouldn't the PL get this done ASAP before Project Restart gets underway? I'm sure once it does, there'll be plenty of problems and issues they will face then. It's not simply, 'ok we got a  date, the day comes, and its Live and then kick off' and all problems are solved.

I said this yesterday. They won't want to deal with all the media backlash which will come their way if they allow a Saudi backed investment firm to own a major British football club, even if legally, there's not much they can do about it. Hell, just look at our own fans, there's a vocal minority kicking up a stink even on here. The PL officials are probably hoping every passing day will give them some new fresh evidence which they can use to justify knocking it back.