Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I'm just trying to imagine the scene. The PL have completed their checks and are now on the video link to Yasir Al-Rumayyan... "Hello Mr Al-Rumayyan, we have concluded our investigation and looked at your proposal for NUFC and it is certainly very impressive. However, as you know, there have been several instances of televised PL games being pirated by an organisation in Saudi Arabia. We have consulted our legal team with regards to this matter and they can find no legal evidence that proves that you or anyone involved with the Saudi PIF contributed to this piracy. However, in our considered opinion, we believe there is no smoke without fire and on those grounds we regret to inform you that we cannot allow your purchase of NUFC. Many thanks for your interest though"

Aye, righto.  :lol:

Or, just to add some balance... "There is enough evidence to suggest that, in the balance of probability, illegal streaming of PL football matches came from Saudi State owned satellites, which violates our owners and directors tests".

It can fall through. A more comforting thought is that, for once the power and money is on our side, not against us. From the little I've heard, Staveley and the Reubens are no schmucks, they will have a legal team battling hard the other way.

I'm just trying to imagine the scene. The PL have completed their checks and are now on the video link to Yasir Al-Rumayyan... "Hello Mr Al-Rumayyan, we have concluded our investigation and looked at your proposal for NUFC and it is certainly very impressive. However, as you know, there have been several instances of televised PL games being pirated by an organisation in Saudi Arabia. We have consulted our legal team with regards to this matter and they can find no legal evidence that proves that you or anyone involved with the Saudi PIF contributed to this piracy. However, in our considered opinion, we believe there is no smoke without fire and on those grounds we regret to inform you that we cannot allow your purchase of NUFC. Many thanks for your interest though"

Aye, righto.  :lol:

Or, just to add some balance... "There is enough evidence to suggest that, in the balance of probability, illegal streaming of PL football matches came from Saudi State owned satellites, which violates our owners and directors tests".

It can fall through. A more comforting thought is that, for once the power and money is on our side, not against us. From the little I've heard, Staveley and the Reubens are no schmucks, they will have a legal team battling hard the other way.

The satellites are owned by pretty much every Middle Eastern country, including Qatar.

Are you seriously saying that nobody can have a reasonable opinion on anything without evidence? :lol:

I reasonably believe many things with no evidence whatsoever.

Again, I'm not saying this will fail, I'm just saying it's ridiculous to suggest it cannot. There's too many people in this thread who seem so utterly convinced that this cannot in any way be stopped. You might be in for a shock.

Are you really saying you can knock a multi-million pound deal back, based on a reasonable opinion without evidence  :lol:

Well thats exactly what the rules say so yeah :lol:

Think you need to do a bit more research on law:

An opinion is a judgment based on facts, an honest attempt to draw a reasonable conclusion from factual evidence

We are talking about the internal rules of a company explaining how they run their business. Their rules clearly give them enough room to decide what ever they want when it's in the grey area.

I doubt there's a section in UK law about who gets to play in the Premierleague?

https://beoutq.tv

Everything you need to know is in the above link.

Absolutely every complaint by timeline etc, and there's a drop menu in the top right with further details on theft of sport, theft of entertainment,  and piracy.

Who created that website?

https://beoutq.tv

Everything you need to know is in the above link.

Absolutely every complaint by timeline etc, and there's a drop menu in the top right with further details on theft of sport, theft of entertainment,  and piracy.

Who created that website?

I have no idea pal, but its detailed👍🏻

Probably Richard Keys  :lol:

Are you seriously saying that nobody can have a reasonable opinion on anything without evidence? :lol:

Again, I'm not saying this will fail, I'm just saying it's ridiculous to suggest it cannot. There's too many people in this thread who seem so utterly convinced that this cannot in any way be stopped. You might be in for a shock.

Are you really saying you can knock a multi-million pound deal back, based on a reasonable opinion without evidence  :lol:

An opinion is a judgment based on facts, an honest attempt to draw a reasonable conclusion from factual evidence

We are talking about the internal rules of a company explaining how they run their business. Their rules clearly give them enough room to decide what ever they want when it's in the grey area.

I doubt there's a section in UK law about who gets to play in the Premierleague?

Yes, I think there is a struggle in peoples minds between Law and Business.

PL could conclude whatever they want but it would need to be watertight, otherwise they will get sued for damages etc, which would cost the PL a fortune. They may have some evidence that hasnt been divulged.

Yes, I think there is a struggle in peoples minds between Law and Business.

PL could conclude whatever they want but it would need to be watertight, otherwise they will get sued for damages etc, which would cost the PL a fortune. They may have some evidence that hasnt been divulged.

It would need to be extremely watertight for them to reject it with what would amount to criminal allegations.

I'm starting to think we've got it the wrong way round. The Premier league want the takeover and are doing a Cummings, trying to find excuses to get round reasons why they should stop it ie piracy.

Guest godzilla

Based on evidence that is law

If the PIF is rejected, could they feasibly buy us through Aramaco?

Al-Rumayyan is the Chairman of Aramco so if this takeover fails then there is no chance Aramco can complete a takeover, all issues (human rights, piracy etc) would be the same

If the PIF is rejected, could they feasibly buy us through Aramaco?

Al-Rumayyan is the Chairman of Aramco so if this takeover fails then there is no chance Aramco can complete a takeover, all issues (human rights, piracy etc) would be the same

Ah ok, cheers.

I'm starting to think we've got it the wrong way round. The Premier league want the takeover and are doing a Cummings, trying to find excuses to get round reasons why they should stop it ie piracy.

this is what i've been saying for weeks, imo they're covering their arses and trying to find ways to sell the decision to their broadcasting partners