Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Still exactly the same imo.

The longer they wait the more thorough the PL looks and the less people will care when its announced.

Is it agonizing, frustrating, infuriating? It is, but if the the buyers side arent worried I am not. The only people worried are those the press have led on a merry dance to sell papers and cause controversy.

If I hear people like George Caulkin being worried then I will get the sphincter jiggles. It's just a case of sit tight and get on with it.

Very confused. 11th May Guardian report the premier league have received 'documents' that essentially prove the piracy. They don't say what those documents are. 20th May George Caulkin is saying all the 'unofficial' confirmation and "you're probably fine to celebrate but i'm waiting until its all confirmed". Greg on here on about cans in the fridge. Something, perhaps from the buyers, was clearly released around that date that was positive.

The only intervening event between then and now, was the guardian revealing that the piracy link was from a WTO report (a document they describe as being in the PL's posession for a couple of weeks i.e. their 11th May article). So since the positive comments, nothing new has actually happened has it? Or as i say am i just extremely confused? I think all that is why people are quite expectant of it happening week commencing 1st june or very soon, and will likely be a bit deflated/distrustful of that earlier news if it doesn't.

not many posting now, i think everyone has had enough and just thought  if it happens it happens but i cant carry on being mentaly stressed ,take a breather and wait for somthing solid ie newcastle have new owners

not many posting now, i think everyone has had enough and just thought  if it happens it happens but i cant carry on being mentaly stressed ,take a breather and wait for somthing solid ie newcastle have new owners

The fact it's gone quiet can only be a good thing IMO. We might get a nice little surprise in the next few days.

Luke Edwards speaks well here. Admits he likes winding up fans, mind.

Admits part of him enjoys winding up fans who are abusive. So very different. What you’ve just stated is exactly what you’ve accused him of doing :lol:

Can’t disagree with anything he’s said. I have always agreed he got a bit entrenched with Bruce as he is his friend but as far as the takeover he’s been balance and cautious and rightly so and covering the Ashley era he’s always been one of the most vocal against him.

He’s definitely one of the more intelligent journalists around.

Can’t say I disagreed with anything he said there. Like he mentioned, without naming names that some journalists have been stringing us along creating an anticipation that turns to anxiety rather quickly.

I’m firmly in the camp now that the checks have only just started. Which is a good thing, all the Khashoggi widows letters, all the objections by Qatar in the various forms, it’s all been said now. No spiders in the closet.

We just have to be hopeful that Saudi have enough evidence that points to them not being a direct part of the BeoutQ thing.

Or providing the detail in how they tried to shut it down.

I think overall that’s where this will live or die. The PL will come at an angle of assuming involvement. Saudi have to change their minds.

Guest Butcher

Luke Edwards speaks well here. Admits he likes winding up fans, mind.

Admits part of him enjoys winding up fans who are abusive. So very different. What you’ve just stated is exactly what you’ve accused him of doing :lol:

Can’t disagree with anything he’s said. I have always agreed he got a bit entrenched with Bruce as he is his friend but as far as the takeover he’s been balance and cautious and rightly so and covering the Ashley era he’s always been one of the most vocal against him.

He’s definitely one of the more intelligent journalists around.

Shit, you are right :lol:

I'm not listening to that. What did he say to give you the impression the checks have just started?

He didn’t say that - he did say that there must have been some kind of problem for it to take so long, but because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean to say it won’t.

He didn’t pretend to know anything more than us and I agreed when he said it has became so unbearable because of the false deadlines put on it by journalists and so called ITK’s.

I'm not listening to that. What did he say to give you the impression the checks have just started?

He didn’t say that - he did say that there must have been some kind of problem for it to take so long, but because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean to say it won’t.

He didn’t pretend to know anything more than us and I agreed when he said it has became so unbearable because of the false deadlines put on it by journalists and so called ITK’s.

Was going off what Ideal Crash said.

Was going off what Ideal Crash said.

Ah fair play!

Guest reefatoon

Yep, I’m completely bored by it now. Settled back into my beautiful serenity of not giving a flying fuck about the club again. With it dragging it’s heels and Bruce being back in the picture with the training starting again, It’s just reminded me what a shit show we are. Was a nice couple of weeks of excitement, disagreements, anticipation and dreaming. But aye, fuck it for now. If it happens meh, if it doesn’t meh again.

... yeah, like a global pandemic, the full shutdown of all professional sport, and then the need to restart the nation's football leagues.

Just one of the many contributors to the media shit-storm who know absolutely nothing, have no in-the-know contacts to exploit, and they just do wind-up pieces to try and remain relevant.

... yeah, like a global pandemic, the full shutdown of all professional sport, and then the need to restart the nation's football leagues.

Just one of the many contributors to the media shit-storm who know absolutely nothing, have no in-the-know contacts to exploit, and they just do wind-up pieces to try and remain relevant.

Lols

Guest chopey

That Twitter account is about the thing that will be missed from the whole Ashley era.

And those few months of HBA magic, I suppose

I dont think it will go away