Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

Are we still posting random twitter ITKs in here ?

I know exactly why you're asking as I have just seen it, put it in the positive one  :lol:

I’ve risked it in here 😂

I it's the same one  :lol:

Guest godzilla

"If I'm wrong so be it"  :lol:

I love little comments like that. Implying there will be any sort of repercussions to being wrong on Twitter.

Mind I certainly wouldn't put anything on twitter unless I was 100% positive and even then I would think twice. It's like a hornets nest if something you put on is not proved correct  :lol:

Confident position from the Shields Gazette here. Piracy issues apparently ironed out a few weeks ago.

Saudis bullish about attaining TV rights, with a source saying “whatever Qatar bid, we’ll add £50m to that.” #nufc

TV rights bids don’t work like that though.

Each broadcaster has to put a monetary value on it, they also have to put other aspects to it, about who it will be available too and on which platforms, also how they wish to broadcast it. Apparently Amazon got their bid approved because they included the live stats view into it.

The bid deadline is the same for everyone and private. Saudi Arabia won’t be able to just put down £50m more than the other guy.

How do Saudi Arabia make that bid? The current deal is at £500m, and ordinarily you would expect that to increase no more than 10%-20%, which at most puts it at £600m. Do they go all out and just double up to make sure their bid is far higher than Qatar? Would Qatar expect them to do that and just bid silly money as well?

Yeah that's not how bidding for tv rights work. Most certainly not sort of a blind auction like you're describing. That would be idiotic for the seller as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyone on here a steward by any chance?  :cheesy:

My mate Stewart is one, I’ll text him...

Guest godzilla

Stewart Steward

Guest reefatoon

:lol:

Mobilizing the stewards definitely seems like step 1 in a takeover announcement

... would it not just be that the club is prepping their staff following confirmation that matches are to be played as part of project restart from June 1st? Or am I getting whooshed here?  :lol:

Watching the BT Sport champions league goals show and they’re replaying the Barcelona victory in 97. It’s got me excited and dreaming of those European nights again. It can’t be a coincidence that this is on right now when it’s 01 June tomorrow.....

Guest Howaythetoon

Spoke to my mate Stewart and he has been called into SJP tomorrow afternoon, 3.00pm. Daft cunt probably thinks it’s a Friday! He has been on the hoy since lockdown...