Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Bring back the days when ITK was a thing only for Spurs fans and that rather arrogant Martin Lol[/member]

Sources from inside Cheshunt with 100% authenticity have informed me that Brenda the tea lady wasn't able to purchase her usual ultra flow Tampax from Waitrose and is investing heavily in rolling pins and cotton wool. This deal may put an end to her homemade scones being the flavour of the day amongst the Spurs reserve team squad.

Does anyone find shit like this funny? Seriously, anyone?

Yeah me.

Fair enough! Sorry, I'm an irritable c*nt right now

Something in the end has to give. Either it goes through or there is a whole mess that will need sorting out, most likely in a court of law and with very expensive legal teams.

Yoyd think by 8 weeks in one of the parties would try and apply pressure to speed things along.

Who knows, maybe the mess is being sorted out now after the PL rejected it?

I think that becomes a more likely possibility with each passing day. People keep saying chill, we're a day closer but there's a good chance its over and everyone is planning on how they save face.

Bring back the days when ITK was a thing only for Spurs fans and that rather arrogant Martin Lol[/member]

Sources from inside Cheshunt with 100% authenticity have informed me that Brenda the tea lady wasn't able to purchase her usual ultra flow Tampax from Waitrose and is investing heavily in rolling pins and cotton wool. This deal may put an end to her homemade scones being the flavour of the day amongst the Spurs reserve team squad.

Does anyone find s*** like this funny? Seriously, anyone?

No this saga is making me feel physicly sick

Explain

Something in the end has to give. Either it goes through or there is a whole mess that will need sorting out, most likely in a court of law and with very expensive legal teams.

Yoyd think by 8 weeks in one of the parties would try and apply pressure to speed things along.

I think that becomes a more likely possibility with each passing day. People keep saying chill, we're a day closer but there's a good chance its over and everyone is planning on how they save face.

This wouldn’t be a shock if it is the case.

Guest chopey

I think the absolute bare minimum the Premier League should do at this stage is to have a daily briefing about 6 pm with The Geordie Dentist and Mick Lowes Flanking some high level official giving us lies and half truths with regards to where Saudi private jets and Ashleys helicopters are. I imagine Ryder could face the wrong way and not get his audio to work for a couple of questions whilst members of N-O could text in questions about the dead pigeon stuck in the eves of the Gallowgate.

Does anyone find shit like this funny? Seriously, anyone?

Yeah me.

Fair enough! Sorry, I'm an irritable c*nt right now

I'd be amazed if any of us weren't  :thup:

At some point the buyers have to say enough is enough, you're now impacting our business plan, we're losing out on targets and even managerial candidates. Equally Ashley could be investing that money in to rescuing businesses and potentially saving jobs but can't because the PL are moving at a snails pace.

And the PL won't be bothered.

Thry will be when they are at least sued for £17m. I'm sure both parties could find other losses to account for.

No one will be suing the Premier League for £17m if it gets blocked.  The contracts will all have been drawn up "subject to receiving the necessary clearance from the Premier League".  If the Premier League block the deal Ashley will return the money to the Saudi's.

Guest Howaythetoon

People just need to relax man, just because it hasn’t officially been confirmed yet doesn’t mean it won’t or that there have been extra issues raised and likewise if this still isn’t confirmed by tomorrow, next week or the week after.

It’s a process, a long one, a complicated one, each party will work through to the end and that’s it, when that end is met, we will all know, we won’t know when they are close to an end or when an end is expected.

And none of the journos or reporters or players or staff or ex players know anything either. All even the likes of JC will know is things are progressing and they expect it to go through soon.

Switch off from this thread, stop worrying or over analysing everything and get out and be alert, clap some nurses, social distance and be save and save the NHS and with it your own sanity....

Friday 3.00pm will happen eventually.

At some point the buyers have to say enough is enough, you're now impacting our business plan, we're losing out on targets and even managerial candidates. Equally Ashley could be investing that money in to rescuing businesses and potentially saving jobs but can't because the PL are moving at a snails pace.

And the PL won't be bothered.

Thry will be when they are at least sued for £17m. I'm sure both parties could find other losses to account for.

Why would they sue the PL for £17m? The Saudis can't back out of this.

Ashley, PIF, Staveley, MBS and whoever else can blow as much hot air and moan as much as they want about how long it takes, the reality is neither party can back of it. Its with the PL, and that is that.

I agree. There'll be a collective 'knew it' from us all.

I think of this but then I flip back to Caulkin's tweet where he mentioned about 'choosing his words very carefully'. That seemed very much to suggest that an informal approval had been given by the PL. I keep asking myself what the chances are that the PL could have gone back on a verbal 'yes'

I had a bit of a gentle dig at Caulkin right at the beginning (before the Companies House stuff) because I felt that writing articles on yet another takeover unfairly got fans' hopes up. I'm tending to lean back towards that because his subsequent positive and then seemingly cryptic tweets appear to have unfairly given hope to fans.

I'd rather he just said nothing. I can cope with the idiot ITK's but having so much trust in his commentary has made this whole things painful.

People just need to relax man, just because it hasn’t officially been confirmed yet doesn’t mean it won’t or that there have been extra issues raised and likewise if this still isn’t confirmed by tomorrow, next week or the week after.

It’s a process, a long one, a complicated one, each party will work through to the end and that’s it, when that end is met, we will all know, we won’t know when they are close to an end or when an end is expected.

And none of the journos or reporters or players or staff or ex players know anything either. All even the likes of JC will know is things are progressing and they expect it to go through soon.

Switch off from this thread, stop worrying or over analysing everything and get out and be alert, clap some nurses, social distance and be save and save the NHS and with it your own sanity....

I'm sorry, I can't agree with this. It's 2-4 weeks, historically all deals have taken that kind of time to ratify. The Man City one with 3 owners, one from the middle east as a major holder and 2 other minor holders, took what, 22 days? It is a process, yes. It is a complicated process, yes. But it's one with an expected timescale which has been massively exceeded and I don't agree that we cannot infer there might be problems from this.

Similarly, people mention "project restart" as if the PL is an organisation of 3 people who all have to do any work that comes in, like they'll down tools on this to prioritise work on that when in reality the PL is a massive organisation with dedicated teams for different things and in this case they're two entirely separate things.

This is taking way longer than it should, way longer than we'd expect it to, and that is worrying.

I agree. There'll be a collective 'knew it' from us all.

I think of this but then I flip back to Caulkin's tweet where he mentioned about 'choosing his words very carefully'. That seemed very much to suggest that an informal approval had been given by the PL. I keep asking myself what the chances are that the PL could have gone back on a verbal 'yes'

I had a bit of a gentle dig at Caulkin right at the beginning (before the Companies House stuff) because I felt that writing articles on yet another takeover unfairly got fans' hopes up. I'm tending to lean back towards that because his subsequent positive and then seemingly cryptic tweets appear to have unfairly given hope to fans.

I'd rather he just said nothing. I can cope with the idiot ITK's but having so much trust in his commentary has made this whole things painful.

I think the whole no red flags thing is bullshit as well, that coupled with what you said about the unofficial confirmation would surely mean this would be done by now.

Keep referring to the Southampton takeover as well which took 8 weeks, in that time their owner manager to fail and then pass the test.

Guest Carrick18

I feel like some people are ignoring or underestimating the influence of COVID and Project Restart.

I think the whole no red flags thing is bullshit as well, that coupled with what you said about the unofficial confirmation would surely mean this would be done by now.

Keep referring to the Southampton takeover as well which took 8 weeks, in that time their owner manager to fail and then pass the test.

You'd think it should be done by now but it could be something like the money just hasn't been transferred yet. When I mentioned this last it was dismissed but they have just come out of their EID celebrations so that could possibly have had an affect. It could also be something like them (NUFC + PIF/RB/AS) all agreeing on the wording and timing of the announcement.

You'd think it should be done by now but it could be something like the money just hasn't been transferred yet. When I mentioned this last it was dismissed but they have just come out of their EID celebrations so that could possibly have had an affect. It could also be something like them (NUFC + PIF/RB/AS) all agreeing on the wording and timing of the announcement.

Either way if any of those where causing the delay, then we would hear this week and I still don’t think it would get to that stage without it leaking.

Guest Carrick18

The whole delay due to project restart wasn’t even mentioned as an issue until the checks had gone over the 4 week mark.

Right, but the presence of COVID and the halting of football had already started. If it was four weeks in and then football was cancelled etc I could understand.

I think the delays are the consequence of a perfect (bad?) storm. You have a majority stake owner with question marks hanging over them, both in terms of human rights, but also their association (whether proven or otherwise) with piracy of the Premier League's product. You have to consider the legal permutations of rejecting them, the response of Qatar, the other 18 Premier League owners. Running parallel to all of that is Project Restart, players refusing to train/play, the TV contracts you have to renegotiate on the fly.

I believe one of the lawyer's on Twitter said the league's legal department is very small. There are only so many hours in the day. I'm not for one minute saying the league have handled this well - they haven't. Sometimes no decision is worse than the wrong decision, and this is evidence of that. What I am saying is that it does not shock me it's taking a long time.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm sorry, I can't agree with this. It's 2-4 weeks, historically all deals have taken that kind of time to ratify. The Man City one with 3 owners, one from the middle east as a major holder and 2 other minor holders, took what, 22 days? It is a process, yes. It is a complicated process, yes. But it's one with an expected timescale which has been massively exceeded and I don't agree that we cannot infer there might be problems from this.

Similarly, people mention "project restart" as if the PL is an organisation of 3 people who all have to do any work that comes in, like they'll down tools on this to prioritise work on that when in reality the PL is a massive organisation with dedicated teams for different things and in this case they're two entirely separate things.

This is taking way longer than it should, way longer than we'd expect it to, and that is worrying.

It’s a complicated deal and we are living in unprecedented times due to Covid-19, any deal of this nature will automatically take longer as a result and to consider otherwise would be crazy, whether the PL have 1 man or 20 man working on this. Again, patience is the key and everyone not to worry, there is nowt anyone of us can do anyway and willing it to happen yesterday won’t work.

Doesn't matter how many teams the PL has working simultaneously on all of these issues there's still only a limited number of decision makers.

They aren't just going to rubber stamp whatever their legal and commercial teams have produced. They will need to fully read and understand what they are signing, if it was your signature on the document you would do the same.

The whole delay due to project restart wasn’t even mentioned as an issue until the checks had gone over the 4 week mark.

Right, but the presence of COVID and the halting of football had already started. If it was four weeks in and then football was cancelled etc I could understand.

I think the delays are the consequence of a perfect (bad?) storm. You have a majority stake owner with question marks hanging over them, both in terms of human rights, but also their association (whether proven or otherwise) with piracy of the Premier League's product. You have to consider the legal permutations of rejecting them, the response of Man City's owners, the other 18 Premier League owners. Running parallel to all of that is Project Restart, players refusing to train/play, the TV contracts you have to renegotiate on the fly.

I believe one of the lawyer's on Twitter said the league's legal department is very small. There are only so many hours in the day. I'm not for one minute saying the league have handled this well - they haven't. Sometimes no decision is worse than the wrong decision, and this is evidence of that. What I am saying is that it does not shock me it's taking a long time.

Man Citys owners wont be a problem as the UAE is Saudi Arabia's ally, think you're confusing them with Qatar. Though I agree with the rest of what you are saying.