Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

People are complaining about it not being done in x amount of time, where are these time limits coming from?

The premier league ceo(?) said there isn't a timescale.

If there isn't a timescale, surely no journos have been given a timescale, ie all the 1st June bollocks etc is just that, bollocks.

As george said, let it play out.

it's been said by many for months that it takes 2-4 weeks, and that it would likely be 4 weeks factoring in COVID delays.

many are confused as to why an approval would take 8 weeks given a company like the PL likely has more than enough resources at its disposal to juggle many things at once.

it's absolutely incredible to me that anyone could find the PL CEO's comments about there being "no timescale" an acceptable answer to a business transaction. that is just unacceptable. you would never in a million years be OK with someone telling you "i have no timescale on making my decision to approve your purchase" if you were the one on the side of the table.

Like i said though, does it really matter who said 4 weeks if it wasn't from the horses mouth?  They've said there's no timescale, which I personally find understandable.  I can't understand why anyone would put a timescale on a deal like this when they most definitely anticipated numerous complications, which is why the PL haven't given one.

To me it seems all the 4 weeks stuff has been plucked from someones arse and people have rolled with it.

I think it's been said the league gave this timeline to MA and PCP at the beginning.

Well, that was my point in the original post, I've never seen where it came from, just journos claiming it..... So I don't really believe it now that I've actually seen Masters say there isn't one.  If he's saying there isn't a timescale, then it doesn't matter what anyone else says.

You said he could have been more clear, i think that's as clear as he can be, albeit not what we want to hear.

The way I imagine it is that there's just no urgency to get it done on the PL side, combined with the generally incredibly long time that legal back-and-forth takes.

It took me 6 months to buy a chain free flat FFS. The lawyers would write a letter, wait for a response for a few weeks, write another letter following it up, wait another few weeks. And this happened for every question or request for information.

The PL is a weird organisation. Although the game is very rich, the PL itself is more like a big members club who really don't exist outside the collective interests of clubs at any one time. I don't know exactly what that means for their resources and their competence.

For just a start all parties will have solicitors/sub-contracted solicitors working on this full time, whilst your solicitors certainly wouldn't have been on your flat.

Do you reckon? I wouldn't be surprised if they're on hourly allocation to the project. Nee idea obviously.

Having worked on multi-million pound projects (including a massive one involving the government) I can assure you that's not the case.

Absolutely no offence meant in this comment, but your posts about this takeover don't exactly match those of a person working on multi-million pound projects.

No offence taken I have on a few, have you?

Nope, I just work for a company that moves over $9 Trillion around the world globally. I also know that a portion of this transaction will go through us. Doesn’t mean I know how the premier league solicitors work.

Guest godzilla

The way I imagine it is that there's just no urgency to get it done on the PL side, combined with the generally incredibly long time that legal back-and-forth takes.

It took me 6 months to buy a chain free flat FFS. The lawyers would write a letter, wait for a response for a few weeks, write another letter following it up, wait another few weeks. And this happened for every question or request for information.

The PL is a weird organisation. Although the game is very rich, the PL itself is more like a big members club who really don't exist outside the collective interests of clubs at any one time. I don't know exactly what that means for their resources and their competence.

For just a start all parties will have solicitors/sub-contracted solicitors working on this full time, whilst your solicitors certainly wouldn't have been on your flat.

Do you reckon? I wouldn't be surprised if they're on hourly allocation to the project. Nee idea obviously.

Having worked on multi-million pound projects (including a massive one involving the government) I can assure you that's not the case.

Absolutely no offence meant in this comment, but your posts about this takeover don't exactly match those of a person working on multi-million pound projects.

Nope, I just work for a company that moves over $9 Trillion around the world globally. I also know that a portion of this transaction will go through us. Doesn’t mean I know how the premier league solicitors work.

So you haven't then fair enough.

Not like you to miss the point (you know, the bit where I say your previous posts don’t read like you know anything about this). Almost certain (I’ll check) that I didn’t claim to have worked on multi-million pound projects.

What industry do you work in out of interest?

Guest godzilla

Not like you to miss the point (you know, the bit where I say your previous posts don’t read like you know anything about this). Almost certain (I’ll check) that I didn’t claim to have worked on multi-million pound projects.

Rail early retirement not that it's got anything to do with you mind.

Christ, I’ve always thought you were about 15 :lol:

Guest godzilla

Older than what I thought you were so that's a surprise  :lol:

Good comeback :lol: Let’s not derail the thread though, it’s thrilling reading atm.

Guest godzilla

Good comeback :lol: Let’s not derail the thread though, it’s thrilling reading atm.

No it is shit I totally agree with you there 100%

You sound a bit like Denzel Washington in The Taking of Phelam 123.

Guest godzilla

Canny film actually  O0

Canny film actually  O0

It's the best film in which John Travolta tells someone to lick his bunghole ever made.

Guest godzilla

ah f*** this just cancel it eh

It's a Qatari paper and journalist having their usual Monday dig

Guest Howaythetoon

Robster[/member]  and Carlito[/member]

Agree 100% - but the messaging out in the public seems to be "we have no time frame" - so if that was little more clear!....

The way I interpreted their quote is that they are basically, and politely, saying they won’t provide a time frame because in reality they don’t have one and if they did they wouldn’t publicly state it anyway.

In reality they won’t have a clear set in stone timescale for our takeover or any other, they will have an internal idea of timescales based on previous takeovers and may even have their own internal guidelines to work with as a basis in which to try and stick to, but each takeover is different and has to be conducted based on the one thing and one thing they and anyone else will only be held to and that’s due diligence and working through each step of the process until they conclude their process for all parties involved.

We don’t exactly know what the timescale, if there is any. Past takeovers may give us an idea about timescales, but that’s about it. This particular takeover or rather the process of it while with the PL is probably the most complicated one they’ve sat on and that’s before factoring in the current and unprecedented climate right now which for the PL will have resulted in any ability of theirs to conduct their business in the way they would usually or would like to and even want to, impossible.

Through no fault of their own or through any failure if their own, their tests, process and how they do business will be done less efficiently, less fastidiously, with less resources, with less priority and with less time in which to do whatever it takes and whatever is needed from them to conclude their business.

Back to timescales and time frames, the PL don’t have the power or right to come up with a deadline for these things in which they must do on time, that’s not how things work nor how they should because this isn’t some school desertion paper they have to mark and return by the end of the week or some contract they have 7 days to sign. This is the sale of a football club, which also trades as a business, which involves another business owned by a state government to be co-owned by other individuals which along the way all parties, funds and future plans need looked into thoroughly and any issues raised need looked into to and if in breach of anything, resolved.

And that’s what’s been happening, that’s what takes up all this time and will take forever how long it’s takes yet before they can sign their approval and sign off from the process and return it back to the parties involved, the seller, the buyer, the banks, the financials.

What everyone needs to accept, however, or rather take the most from this whole process, no matter how long it takes, is that legally and as per their own TOD the PL can’t block this takeover and will approve it. They will approve it because come the end of the process, our would be new owners and the people behind it and their own businesses, the finances, their plans, their mutual binding agreements with the PL covering what it is they can only legally stipulate, will all have been ticked off.

And that’s because this is 100% legit, the money, the plans, the assurances, their backgrounds, their businesses, everything.

And no amount of opposition from other clubs, widows, Amnesty International, Richard ducking keys or clams to links to piracy in the world would allow the PL to say NO, they don’t have that right or power and if they did use such issues, they’d be overruled in a court of actual law, by the FA, by any Court of Arbitration for Sport and in terms of commerce, would face having to pay out tens of millions in compensation for denying a legally recognised and registered U.K. business from plying it’s trade in a government licenced if not regulated industry which still falls under their own trade, commerce and industry TOS not mentioning international ones and from preventing verified fit, proper and right people from doing their job.

I’m of the opinion there is or has not been any real issues on the PL’s side other than what’s standard practice/procedure and with it there has been no delay, delays that likely don’t exist in any time frame or scale or the process on their side in the real,world, but boy sure seem to do on others’ side, fans, journos, reporters and speculators, mostly because we are impatient, worried, want this done and dusted and for some journos etc. every day that passes without confirmation gives them an opportunity to write fuller copy, create click bait and some kind of self importance as an ITK.

The only people who know just what the fuck is going on is the only people that matter and the only people who will know how much longer this will take will be the people working on it, but not in a way where they can go on TV and tell some reporter about deadlines, timeframes and scales because there is none, it will take a long as it takes and when it’s done, we’ll find out because the club will make an official announcement via its website.

Until then....

Worrying about something you have no control over or ability to second guess or trying and reason as to why, what, how, when etc. is as pointless as asking the PL chairman for a deadline. I’d be worried if they said anything other than what they have, which is basically nothing, like the seller and buyer have done and that’s because they know it’s not about when, how or if, it’s about can and right now they can’t until they can. That’s how our new owners do business even though right now they have legally just bought themselves a business, one they also want to run as a football club.

They can’t do one without the other, without the latter.

Only the PL can grant them that and they will soon give them the green light.

In the meantime, our new owners are working away hard behind the scenes already in readiness for that and once that light turns green, it’s full speed ahead for our club.

If anything this gives them just that bit more more time behind the scenes and when then PL conclude their process we should all feel good that our owners want our club so badly, whatever the PL’s process or timescale has put them through, they not only welcomed it, but will have flew through it all with flying colours and indeed distinction.

It all bodes well, forgetting any human rights issues etc. of course. That’s for our own consciousness to process and if - like the PL will eventually conclude - and people approve, no-one should feel guilty or bad about things and have to decide what it is they can only ever approve of (or not) and that’s what’s best for our club in the now and in the future and these guys whether we like it or not, agree or not, outside of football becoming a communist type sport owned by fans and almost ran as charities for non profit, the only way we will ever truly compete and be successful is from this takeover.

I truly hope in time, we won’t need someone else’s money and they will have built the kind of club that through the money it brings in, the spending from fans and so on it will eventually be able to be self sufficient and compete and be successful that way. Thanks to MA though we need a leg up, we need this cheat mode head start.

I’d settle for an alternative mind much more, owners who don’t pump money in but invest the club’s own money back into it all and build slowly up and compete and challenge sensibly by hiring good managers, developing players and hiring people with expertise and skill to improve how we operate.

We will get that of course, but we will be bankrolled by the kind of funds that could by every club in this country. If you can’t beat em I suppose...