Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

The way I imagine it is that there's just no urgency to get it done on the PL side, combined with the generally incredibly long time that legal back-and-forth takes.

It took me 6 months to buy a chain free flat FFS. The lawyers would write a letter, wait for a response for a few weeks, write another letter following it up, wait another few weeks. And this happened for every question or request for information.

The PL is a weird organisation. Although the game is very rich, the PL itself is more like a big members club who really don't exist outside the collective interests of clubs at any one time. I don't know exactly what that means for their resources and their competence.

For just a start all parties will have solicitors/sub-contracted solicitors working on this full time, whilst your solicitors certainly wouldn't have been on your flat.

Do you reckon? I wouldn't be surprised if they're on hourly allocation to the project. Nee idea obviously.

Having worked on multi-million pound projects (including a massive one involving the government) I can assure you that's not the case.

Absolutely no offence meant in this comment, but your posts about this takeover don't exactly match those of a person working on multi-million pound projects.

No offence taken I have on a few, have you?

Guest godzilla

I know this is a very valuable business deal, but that's not really the bit the PL are doing. The financial deal is where the slick corporate lawyers will be, won't it? I imagine the PL more like a really rich golf club.

The corporate solicitors will be involved all the way through from day one until completion; in case there are any issues which are required to be resolved, occur during the process.

The executive board which is where the deal may or may not be at is akin to the exec board at my organisation which always sends shivers down my spine.

Basically I’ve done work on a project, done all the research, written up recommendations, prepared a good PowerPoint etc etc. However for my recommendation to be enacted it has to go through the executive board at which one or more of the following will happen.

Board meeting gets cancelled at short notice as key member can no longer attend

Get bumped off board meeting agenda

Board does not complete agenda

Someone on the board with less knowledge than yourself about a topic decides to be contrary and talks the rest of the board into either rejecting recommendation or commissioning further research

Board notes and sign offs take ages to be prepared

Board member changes mind or disagrees with the minutes

Guest godzilla

The executive board which is where the deal may or may not be at is akin to the exec board at my organisation which always sends shivers down my spine.

Basically I’ve done work on a project, done all the research, written up recommendations, prepared a good PowerPoint etc etc. However for my recommendation to be enacted it has to go through the executive board at which one or more of the following will happen.

Someone on the board with less knowledge than yourself about a topic decides to be contrary and talks the rest of the board into either rejecting recommendation or commissioning further research

Board me never changes mind or disagrees with the minutes

:thup:

Surely though this would be different, this is an evidence based decision isn’t it, either they have a reason to block it or they don’t ?

Guest godzilla

Surely though this would be different, this is an evidence based decision isn’t it, either they have a reason to block it or they don’t ?

Yeah will be based on different level of criteria, think James was just giving an example of what an executive board is and how it can work.

So I may be wrong here, if it goes to an executive board, does that mean it can’t fail before that stage regardless? As in they my well have found proof of piracy, but it would still go to the executive board ?

So I may be wrong here, if it goes to an executive board, does that mean it can’t fail before that stage regardless? As in they my well have found proof of piracy, but it would still go to the executive board ?

In my line of work we wouldn’t put anything in front of the exec board until we were certain we had what we think we would need to get waved through.

In this instance it won’t go through to the exec board until those doing the core work were certain about their recommendation. But regardless the exec board could still go against a decision. Or ask for more information.

Guest godzilla

No I would say it can fail, but would still have to go through the Executive Board for confirmation. This decision would then be sent to the seller/buyer with the reasons why and the articles of any appeal process included.

Guest godzilla

In my line of work we wouldn’t put anything in front of the exec board until we were certain we had what we think we would need to get waved through.

In this instance it won’t go through to the exec board until those doing the core work were certain about their recommendation. But regardless the exec board could still go against a decision. Or ask for more information.

Agree with this also.

No I would say it can fail, but would still have to go through the Executive Board for confirmation. This decision would then be sent to the seller/buyer with the reasons why and the articles of any appeal process included.

Cheers 👍

There must be a carrot somewhere though - otherwise we'd have heard someone from either side booting off, surely?

If the deal you're trying to do is hanging in the balance and may get rejected, how does throwing your toys out the pram help your chances exactly?

The threat of a multi-million pound lawsuit may though.

What would the multi-million pound lawsuit be based on?

Their entire projected business plan or do you think they will just go home with their tails between their legs if it's knocked back?

Does that mean they would challenge the PL's right to define their own interpretation of the rules?

Guest godzilla

There must be a carrot somewhere though - otherwise we'd have heard someone from either side booting off, surely?

If the deal you're trying to do is hanging in the balance and may get rejected, how does throwing your toys out the pram help your chances exactly?

Their entire projected business plan or do you think they will just go home with their tails between their legs if it's knocked back?

Does that mean they would challenge the PL's right to define their own interpretation of the rules?

Depends on what evidence the Premier League have for knocking it back. That is the 64,000 doller question, as you can't make an interpretation (reasonable opinion) without it. If they have the evidence then that will be for a court to decide after it has been knocked back (subject to appeal process concluded also) and that the buyers/sellers still don't agree

Depends on what evidence the Premier League have for knocking it back. That is the 64,000 doller question, as you can't make an interpretation (reasonable opinion) without it. If they have the evidence then that will be for a court to decide after it has been knocked back (subject to appeal process concluded also) and that the buyers/sellers still don't agree

Well it seems the evidence that has been presented is that the Saudis were involved in the broadcasting of illegal PL content, and in fact the PL themselves have put in an official complaint previously against them. I suppose at this point it could just be down to whether any of the PIF directors can be linked personally to the piracy and the PL are confident they can make it stick.

People are complaining about it not being done in x amount of time, where are these time limits coming from?

The premier league ceo(?) said there isn't a timescale.

If there isn't a timescale, surely no journos have been given a timescale, ie all the 1st June bollocks etc is just that, bollocks.

As george said, let it play out.

Guest Carrick18

Sounds like everyone on this forum has been working on some multi-million deals except me  :(

Looks so.

I must say my attempts to sign Mohamed Daramy from Copenhagen for Ajax wasn't this drawn out.

Sounds like everyone on this forum has been working on some multi-million deals except me  :(

:lol:

:thup:

I feel the same about literally every subject matter that crops up, there are experts in everything on here.