Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

There must be a carrot somewhere though - otherwise we'd have heard someone from either side booting off, surely?

If the deal you're trying to do is hanging in the balance and may get rejected, how does throwing your toys out the pram help your chances exactly?

The threat of a multi-million pound lawsuit may though.

What would the multi-million pound lawsuit be based on?

Their entire projected business plan or do you think they will just go home with their tails between their legs if it's knocked back?

Does that mean they would challenge the PL's right to define their own interpretation of the rules?

Depends on what evidence the Premier League have for knocking it back. That is the 64,000 doller question, as you can't make an interpretation (reasonable opinion) without it. If they have the evidence then that will be for a court to decide after it has been knocked back (subject to appeal process concluded also) and that the buyers/sellers still don't agree

Well it seems the evidence that has been presented is that the Saudis were involved in the broadcasting of illegal PL content, and in fact the PL themselves have put in an official complaint previously against them. I suppose at this point it could just be down to whether any of the PIF directors can be linked personally to the piracy and the PL are confident they can make it stick.

Yeah I agree and it's the reason why i think if it has not been signed off this week then this is the case (think some on here think I'm coming up with imaginary timelines based on nothing). Whether that evidence can stick and be proven as you say, who knows?, only the buyers/seller and ultimately the courts can answer that

People are complaining about it not being done in x amount of time, where are these time limits coming from?

The premier league ceo(?) said there isn't a timescale.

If there isn't a timescale, surely no journos have been given a timescale, ie all the 1st June bollocks etc is just that, bollocks.

As george said, let it play out.

it's been said by many for months that it takes 2-4 weeks, and that it would likely be 4 weeks factoring in COVID delays.

many are confused as to why an approval would take 8 weeks given a company like the PL likely has more than enough resources at its disposal to juggle many things at once.

it's absolutely incredible to me that anyone could find the PL CEO's comments about there being "no timescale" an acceptable answer to a business transaction. that is just unacceptable. you would never in a million years be OK with someone telling you "i have no timescale on making my decision to approve your purchase" if you were the one on the side of the table.

Guest godzilla

Everybody just take a step back, sit in the sun & have a beer.

You're spot on there actually

Guest godzilla

Everybody just take a step back, sit in the sun & have a beer.

You're spot on there actually

At five in the morning.....ok then  :idiot2:

Have a bacon sandwich then and a cuppa

it's been said by many for months that it takes 2-4 weeks, and that it would likely be 4 weeks factoring in COVID delays.

many are confused as to why an approval would take 8 weeks given a company like the PL likely has more than enough resources at its disposal to juggle many things at once.

it's absolutely incredible to me that anyone could find the PL CEO's comments about there being "no timescale" an acceptable answer to a business transaction. that is just unacceptable. you would never in a million years be OK with someone telling you "i have no timescale on making my decision to approve your purchase" if you were the one on the side of the table.

That isn't an acceptable answer to the people involved in the transaction. The answer however was to Dan Roan of the BBC and I think is perfectly acceptable given the NDA's connected to the deal.

That isn't an acceptable answer to the people involved in the transaction. The answer however was to Dan Roan of the BBC and I think is perfectly acceptable given the NDA's connected to the deal.

Yeah I think it's more what he's able to put out there in that interview rather than how they're actually approaching the whole thing behind the scenes.

The waiting is tedious now, like. I've been as positive and as certain about this as anyone since the 14th of April, but it's tedious now. I'm gonna feel pretty anxious if we're going into the restart and playing matches and still not knowing what's going on with the takeover. I still feel confident it'll happen, it's just torturous not knowing what the hold up is.

Robster[/member]  and Carlito[/member]

Agree 100% - but the messaging out in the public seems to be "we have no time frame" - so if that was little more clear!....

Guest godzilla

Yeah I think it's more what he's able to put out there in that interview rather than how they're actually approaching the whole thing behind the scenes.

Personally felt he should have just said no comment can't discuss instead of rambling on in both interviews as he did.

Personally felt he should have just said no comment can't discuss instead of rambling on in both interviews he did.

Right, "I can't comment on the proposed sale of Newcastle United and will not be able to share any detail on where that deal stands" or something like that.

Guest godzilla

I wonder if whenever this is finally done and if it does pass, we find out if there ever was any issues or it literally was just slowed down because of covid and project restart

Wouldn't have thought so not for a good while anyway.

Personally felt he should have just said no comment can't discuss instead of rambling on in both interviews as he did.

3rd choice for the job and it’s starting to show.

Guest reefatoon

If he is a mate of Richard Keys then he is no doubt a massive c*** too

Can't argue with that at all. At least it wouldn't have the majority of our fans wondering just how long this will take. There's a lot of anxiety in the air.

Guest godzilla

Can't argue with that at all. At least it wouldn't have the majority of our fans wondering just how long this will take. There's a lot of anxiety in the air.

Yeah totally agree and those two interviews have caused a big part of that also

People are complaining about it not being done in x amount of time, where are these time limits coming from?

If there isn't a timescale, surely no journos have been given a timescale, ie all the 1st June bollocks etc is just that, bollocks.

Like i said though, does it really matter who said 4 weeks if it wasn't from the horses mouth?  They've said there's no timescale, which I personally find understandable.  I can't understand why anyone would put a timescale on a deal like this when they most definitely anticipated numerous complications, which is why the PL haven't given one.

To me it seems all the 4 weeks stuff has been plucked from someones arse and people have rolled with it.

Like i said though, does it really matter who said 4 weeks if it wasn't from the horses mouth?  They've said there's no timescale, which I personally find understandable.  I can't understand why anyone would put a timescale on a deal like this when they most definitely anticipated numerous complications, which is why the PL haven't given one.

To me it seems all the 4 weeks stuff has been plucked from someones arse and people have rolled with it.

I think it's been said the league gave this timeline to MA and PCP at the beginning.

Robster[/member]  and Carlito[/member]

Agree 100% - but the messaging out in the public seems to be "we have no time frame" - so if that was little more clear!....

I agree Kanji[/member]

It feels like it could be so simple for something more detailed, without being specific, to be put out. I can only assume that they have their reasons for not doing so, as annoying as it is.