Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I really don't think a country sets their TV policy based on Newcastle United.

when your an absolute dictatorship every bit of policy is based on the whims of the dictator and this seems like the kind of move of someone who didn't get their way

6.9M Followers

After this decision, there is no longer a legal outlet for broadcasting international competitions or the England and Spain periodicals in Saudi Arabia, and this opens the way for the emergence of a Saudi network and the launch of a Saudi rights area outside the rights of the Middle East. In my country

Guest neesy111

They can ban BEIN, whilst also seen to be clamping down on the piracy of BEIN.

But that means they cannot watch us play at all next season.

Maybe that means they plan to keep Bruce.

:lol:

Guest chopey

6.9M Followers

After this decision, there is no longer a legal outlet for broadcasting international competitions or the England and Spain periodicals in Saudi Arabia, and this opens the way for the emergence of a Saudi network and the launch of a Saudi rights area outside the rights of the Middle East. In my country

The super noodles have spoken

I don't see it as particularly relevant.

when the entire takeover has centered around piracy and tv rights and by banning bein KSA have just dropped the value of beins rights in the MENA region significantly

As has been said, this was a ongoing court case started well before the takeover.  So while the outcome might seem relevant, the decision isn't necessarily anything to do with the takeover.

Saudis seem to think there will be am independent sports media channel forming in its country. PL must have agreed to recognise it as an official broadcasting region for them to block be in. Thryve already spoken to la liga and Serie a.

I feel like a deal will have been struck for them to buy their own tv rights from the PL. Would make sense given all the changes they’ve made recently regarding piracy in the country.

Just again goes to show our journalists are generally as clueless as us when it comes to this takeover and probably about most other stuff too.

I'll say this for the premier league, they are very good at not letting leaks out since nobody has a clue whats going on or where its at only educated guesses

Saudis seem to think there will be am independent sports media channel forming in its country. PL must have agreed to recognise it as an official broadcasting region for them to block be in. Thryve already spoken to la liga and Serie a.

regardless of any future tv deals it won't change the fact they can't do anything about it for next season as the bein contract would be water tight in that regard

Guest neesy111

They can’t agree a tv deal with them whilst this one is still running. Surely they aren’t buying us whilst not being able to watch us.

Would require Bein's approval for modifying their existing contract.  Which is extremely unlikely.

Worrying, very worrying.

EXCEPT - we don't know enough to 'know' whether this actually is worrying (takeover rejected/toys thrown out of pram) OR whether it means takeover agreed and PL agree to Saudi plans.

For F**ks sake . . SOMEONE in authority SAY something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regardless of any future tv deals it won't change the fact they can't do anything about it for next season as the bein contract would be water tight in that regard

PL pays back % lost for market and ksa pay PL same amount. Everyone wins.