Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

They can’t agree a tv deal with them whilst this one is still running. Surely they aren’t buying us whilst not being able to watch us.

If the Premier League agree to take Saudi as its own broadcast region and agree to compensate BEIN for their region being reduced in size it could perhaps be possible to do it now.  As BEIN would still keep their MENA TV deal at a reduced rate, just speculating of course.

No way would the PL be able to rip up the deal they have now.

Maybe Bein threw their toys out the pram and didn't follow through on their side when this all kicked off. They stopped showing games for serie a, maybe did something along the lines that broke the PL contract. Sure thry threatened to withhold money at one point as well.

They can’t agree a tv deal with them whilst this one is still running. Surely they aren’t buying us whilst not being able to watch us.

If the Premier League agree to take Saudi as its own broadcast region and agree to compensate BEIN for their region being reduced in size it could be possible to do it now as BEIN would still keep their MENA TV deal at a reduced rate, just speculating of course.

I doubt it would legally be as easy as that though.

If the Premier League agree to take Saudi as its own broadcast region and agree to compensate BEIN for their region being reduced in size it could perhaps be possible to do it now.  As BEIN would still keep their MENA TV deal at a reduced rate, just speculating of course.

Seems more sensible than it's all off imo.

After having no clue about what is happening throughout this shit storm, but being confident it was going through, I'm now clueless about whether I'm confident it's going through.  This is fun.

Reading through the tweets, I was about 70% it's the Saudi's spitting their dummy out, until I saw that Slater tweet.

Well, I suppose it's made the thread interesting for the first time in weeks.

would require BeIN to agree to it and well why the hell would they agree to it?

Who could have seen slapping two enemies into a single broadcast region being a problem?

PL fault all this, said it months ago they should have taken responsibility to make sure this didn't happen.

If the Premier League agree to take Saudi as its own broadcast region and agree to compensate BEIN for their region being reduced in size it could be possible to do it now as BEIN would still keep their MENA TV deal at a reduced rate, just speculating of course.

I doubt it would legally be as easy as that though.

Maybe not if BEIN refused to accept the situation.  But they'd be mad to do so, since right now they get 0 revenue from Saudi.  Some compensation from losing a country they make nothing from would be a no brainer.  Meanwhile the entire issue of Qatar and Saudi squabbling over TV rights goes away and the PL lose no money.  Of course just because it would make sense doesn't mean its happening..

Guest awaymag

This feels like such a mess :lol: Only when it comes to Newcastle. Even though it's not really about us..

Bet you Masters is in a corner, rocking back and forth, and muttering to himself!

If beIN didn’t know about this until now there’s no way that they’ll strike a deal to allow it. Hopefully they did know what was coming and Keys knew about it yesterday.

The timing has to be significant, if they’ve been rejected then the PL can forget about piracy being resolved and will get much much worse.

Good things don’t happen to our club so I’m currently in the it’s off camp.