Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I'm not sure if this is positive or negative, I'll decide when Penn has his say.

I’m gonna be needing a five minute head start warning to go and find my sunglasses before the Penn positivity rays start to burn my eyeballs....

Guest chopey

It's poor Ashley I feel sorry for, he's been furloughed  in Miami this whole time waiting for his cash to make ends meet.

The only way I can see this Saudis reaction is that takeover has been declined and this is their retaliation. Expected to hear the decision very soon (finally).

It would have been all over the media if they had rejected it.

It's poor Ashley I feel sorry for, he's been furloughed  in Miami this whole time waiting for his cash to make ends meet.

Ahh ok,  no wonder he has lost all that weight. He's been blasting that high end toot for weeks.  :lol:

Guesses who’s the first journalist to put a huge negative on this info....Edwards for me!

If this was the big negative we fear, and considering BeIN's response so far, I'm surprised hairy hands hasn't said anything yet?

I'm sure he would if it looked like this was bad for the takeover.

Given the stuff that come out of Qatar through this whole saga, I'd be hesitant to believe they knew nothing of the termination of their license before it happened today.

The proposed takeover of Newcastle United Football Club in 2020 seems to have the equivalent world impacting consequences as the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria did in 1914.

I ask you though, is there any group in the world better situated to be the arbiter/mediator of disputes between international powers than the PL

The proposed takeover of Newcastle United Football Club in 2020 seems to have the equivalent world impacting consequences as the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria did in 1914.

:lol:

Did things just get better or worse?

I think we will know tomorrow, totally depends on any PL statement, if one comes quickly condemning it, it’s curtains for the takeover if one doesn’t come then it’s probably a good thing.

If there’s 17M going into Ashley’s sky rocket off the back off a no then it’s going out with a bit of a bang. I’m not sure who will have put up the deposit or how it was divided but you’d imagine the Reuben’s and Staveley knew this was coming otherwise the idea of a working partnership between the 3 seems questionable to say the least.

Difficult to call this but struggling to find any positive in this development. Bein have 2 years of deal left so talk of individual rights deal for Saudi look unrealistic and complicated.

At best I’m hoping this has no impact on takeover as it’s completely outside of PL test remit.

At worst it’s retaliation as they’ve reached stalemate with PL and blame bein.

Who the f*** knows basically, but it makes you wonder if this deal is just not that important in the grand scheme of things with Saudi, or their just a rag tag of govt depts unaware of the implications of what they’ve just done.

Difficult to call this but struggling to find any positive in this development. Bein have 2 years of deal left so talk of individual rights deal for Saudi look unrealistic and complicated.

At best I’m hoping this has no impact on takeover as it’s completely outside of PL test remit.

At worst it’s retaliation as they’ve reached stalemate with PL and blame bein.

Who the fuck knows basically, but it makes you wonder if his deal is just not that important in the grand scheme of things with Saudi, or their just a rag tag of govt depts unaware of the implications of what they’ve just done.

1 full season left, bidding will start soon.