Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

This is a positive.

How? Don't see how the PL would be happy with this

If they are getting rid of piracy and then getting new investment with a new deal, then I would say they would be happy with that.

But they can’t legally get a new deal until the end of next season.

Not if they have legally extracted their country from the regional territory, we can't comment on the legalities as we don't know them. Going to have to wait for more information to come out.

Surely Bein can't pay the PL for rights for the whole region and then half way through the contract, suddenly the PL sell rights for one of those countries to a different network?

It might have no bearing on the takeover but I can't see it being a positive

No doubt they would have to be re compensated by the PL, but ultimately the PL will make more money out of it. Money talks and always will just look at Man City yesterday. The piracy issue would be gone also. Win Win, but we need more information to come out as today's announcement has been made for a big reason.

Even if the PL/KSA agreed to separate the country from MENA then pay BeIn the money lost, all happening without telling BeIn, seems like bad form to release a statement before BeIn's even made aware.

Bein will be aware, they are just playing games.

If they were aware it would be incredibly easy for the PL/Saudi to prove it and tell everyone they're lying

Guest godzilla

I admire some people’s positivity in here still after this like.

Different interpretations, as I said earlier we need to wait for more information to come out and it will be pretty soon I would imagine.

Guest neesy111

Different interpretations, as I said earlier we need to wait for more information to come out and it will be pretty soon I would imagine.

Yeah, this whole situation needs sorting soon for all parties involved.

Guest godzilla

Yeah, this whole situation needs sorting soon for all parties involved.

:thup:

Even if the PL/KSA agreed to separate the country from MENA then pay BeIn the money lost, all happening without telling BeIn, seems like bad form to release a statement before BeIn's even made aware.

If they were aware it would be incredibly easy for the PL/Saudi to prove it and tell everyone they're lying

I dont think its got to that stage of who said what yet, the news has just broken, and all we've had from a bein spokesperson (via a dodgy reporter) is that they didnt know about it. Now in my company when our top brass knock out a deal the spokesperson doesn't find out until the general press release is ready. They wouldn't have a clue what has been agreed at that level.

KSA have been a little naughty here, in an attempt to embarrass Bein (they only announce things when its 100%), but they've done this on the solid knowledge it doesn't impact the takeover (IMO)

If BEIN have agreed to separate out KSA from the region they stand much more chance of winning the next TV rights bid.

Exactly. KSA want their region only. If they don't get it expect to bid for the entire region and Bein goes bye bye.

One thing this move has done is ensure the PL can't just reject the deal and resume unscathed as if nothing has happened.

The PL have to make this work, or they are facing a hefty loss of value on the MENA deal (now and later), unhappy clients and stakeholders (BEIN and PL clubs), and no prospect of solving the piracy issue in Saudi.

I'm still hopeful.

No reason to be negative before we even know what this means?

I was being genuine, like I’ve been negative after the initial 4 week period passed god knows how others have kept positive.

Guest Butcher

I dont think its got to that stage of who said what yet, the news has just broken, and all we've had from a bein spokesperson (via a dodgy reporter) is that they didnt know about it. Now in my company when our top brass knock out a deal the spokesperson doesn't find out until the general press release is ready. They wouldn't have a clue what has been agreed at that level.

KSA have been a little naughty here, in an attempt to embarrass Bein (they only announce things when its 100%), but they've done this on the solid knowledge it doesn't impact the takeover (IMO)

Be amazed if they’ve done this without having everything in order. Reckon the PL will have okay’d it.

Be amazed if they’ve done this without having everything in order. Reckon the PL will have okay’d it.

They've jumped through hoops (for them at least) to get this through, they aren't going to reach the finish line and set it alight. Madness to assume this. I suppose we're used to Ashley and his antics, and probably just expect it.

This news today sort of ties in with Keys tweet admitting defeat yesterday. I think we're in the endgame now and it'll go through. Just a hunch and it's getting harder and harder to piece it all together when there's zero communication from any party. I think SA and the PL have been hatching this scenario for weeks whilst taking advice from the government too. Upsetting Qatar and beIn, knowing the Saudi's are willing to step in, is the least worst option to them.

Maybe.  :lol:

No reason to be negative before we even know what this means?

I was being genuine, like I’ve been negative after the initial 4 week period passed god knows how others have kept positive.

Because it hasn't been rejected yet.

This news today sort of ties in with Keys tweer admitting defear yesterday. I think we're in the endgame now and it'll go through. Just a hunch and it's getting harder and harder to piece it all together when there's zero communication from any party. I think SA and the PL have been hatching this scenario for weeks whilst taking advice from the government too. Upsetting Qatar and beIn, knowing the Saudi's are willing to step in, is the least worst option to them.

Maybe.  :lol:

I think you see through the clouds of misinformation and smoke. Tbh, BeIN have done themselves no favours throughout this. Threats, strops, paid journos warring with fans and blackouts of fixtures, all the while PIF (and KSA) have reacted professionally.