Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest awaymag

I’m not sure how people can so easily write off another negative story. It really doesn’t seem likely anymore.

Then Premier League make the decision public and then people can make their choice - continue to support NUFC and the thrilling exciting race to 17th.  Continue to have pundits tell them "they are lucky to have Bruce' and 'Supporters are too demanding'  OR just say fuck you Premier League and your top 6.  Fuck you Bruce and Ashley and Sky Sports and just disengage with football. 

If the Saudi's aren't going to do what the Premier League wants then why not reject it?

Because it would be easier to just leave it in limbo, and avoid the fall out of publicly rejecting them.

There’s no doubt it would be the most cowardly decision by Masters and make a mockery of the test.

Also maybe there hoping the Mauriss bid is genuine and it’s a way out for them.

Guest The Little Waster

Ah fuck it let it go ... more dreams smashed , just let the fkin club burn to the ground enough already

Guest awaymag

If the Saudi's aren't going to do what the Premier League wants then why not reject it?

Because it would be easier to just leave it in limbo, and avoid the fall out of publicly rejecting them.

There’s no doubt it would be the most cowardly decision by Masters and make a mockery of the test.

That cant be right - PL stonewalll PIF with an answer of yes or no and proceed to progress a rival bid.    Hmmmm, I see no issues here.

That cant be right - PL stonewalll PIF with an answer of yes or no and proceed to progress a rival bid.    Hmmmm, I see no issues here.

Who knows what the fuckers are upto, but there is certainly journalists up here who would love nothing more than seeing this bid fail.

It’s all starting to leave a very bad taste in the mouth, and that feeling that where being shafted again.

Dunno why but right now at this time it feels like it’s game over. Not sure if it’s exhaustion and takeover fatigue but my limit has been reached and I have no more fucks to give. It’s last summer all over again.

If the PL reject it, which in turn leads to SA saying "eff this" and pulls all investments out of the UK, I wonder if the government could do things to make operating the PL problematic as retaliation for failing the takeover.

Probably not, but it would be fun to watch.

Why are people basing their moods of these reports? The media know absolutely nothing, if they did we'd have heard by now. The situation is exactly the same as it was a couple of weeks ago.

I understand journalist still have a job to do and the takeover is still a big story, but they're just rehashing material at this point. The club continuing to exist isn't a story.

Given the amount of money already involved there will be a resolution one way or another.  If it's a rejection I fully expect public finger pointing and face saving to begin, but we've not heard a peep. This suggests the PL are still in dialogue with the relevant parties.

Why are people basing their moods of these reports?

Not sure it's just that though...at least I know my negativity isn't.  It's just the general feel about the whole thing over the past month or so, feels like it's slowly descending to a shit ending for us.  Never seems to be anything positive coming out about it.