NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

It’s got to be Benitez really. If we do get bought out and we have the funds, Rafa would not just be a managerial acquisition but a genuine investment in the matters he was interested in but denied under Ashley. Rafa knew exactly what the club needed with regards to training and general systemised refurbishment.

The only question mark with him is transfers, he lands some quality players but seems to have to burn through several transfers before getting it right. If the money is unlimited who gives a fuck, let him spend when the mood strikes.

As for Bruce, fuck him. He’s going to come out of this having done a forgiveable job under duress and there will be plenty of sympathy in the Redknapps and Jamie Carraghers of the world. Geordies never took to him, Rafa had them defensively organised but toothless and he brought a bit of spark back, etc.

Staggered so many on social media seem to rate Poch higher than Rafa.

don't be, like any sport there's a tiny % who actually understand it

the rest read what they're told and follow, a bit like life

rafa is the only guy for us like, if it cost 20m to break his contract it'd be worth it

don't be, like any sport there's a tiny % who actually understand it

the rest read what they're told and follow, a bit like life

rafa is the only guy for us like, if it cost 20m to break his contract it'd be worth it

I even mean objectively. Remove the emotional connection to the club from his spell here. Look at trophies won, clubs managed, transfers, everything. It’s an absolute no brainer. I’ll take glasses top pocket over that swanky coat every time.

The irony if Rafa turns Joelinton into Torres v2

There's no doubt he'd improve him. Just giving him some proper instructions and a structure to work to would help no end.

there's a good video posted in here i think explaining that joelinton did well under nagelsmann in a team that pressed well and had clear, defined instructions

i reckon the lad would look a different player under a proper manager like rafa...maybe not a £40m player but that's water under the bridge now the important thing will be to try and get something out of him

why? Poch grew spurs from being fairly rubbish to consistent champions league qualifying, champions league finalists and probably should have won the league the year leicester won it and all without massive spending and a much nicer brand of football than Rafas preferred style. Rafa was a great manager at his peak but he hasn't done anything comparable to Poch in the last 10 years

Rafa was a great manager at his peak but he hasn't done anything comparable to Poch in the last 10 years

other than win trophies :lol:

is this a wind up?

Have to agree here. That’s the point I was making. Even in the last 10 years it isn’t comparable and Poch doesn’t come close.

I’m not saying he’s a bad manager at all... but he isn’t Rafa is he and he’s not even coming close.

Guest neesy111

why? Poch grew spurs from being fairly rubbish to consistent champions league qualifying, champions league finalists and probably should have won the league the year leicester won it and all without massive spending and a much nicer brand of football than Rafas preferred style. Rafa was a great manager at his peak but he hasn't done anything comparable to Poch in the last 10 years

Spurs weren't fairly rubbish before he joined.

Trophies isn't everything mind. I do think Poch is a bit overrated though. Saying they should have won the league the year Leicester won it is pretty ridiculous also. They got 70 points, 11 behind Leicester

If it wasn’t Rafa lads would you feel some resentment to the new regime?

Would this not spark division amongst some again? Just asking as many seem to have their heart set on him.

Guest neesy111

Would this not spark division amongst some again? Just asking as many seem to have their heart set on him.

I personally wouldn't be bothered as long as it was an ambitious appointment.

The thing is Rafa already knows the club and what needs improving, so he could get down to business instantly.

I think after the likes of Pardew, Kinnear, McClaren, Bruce, Carver etc. I'd be elated with any ambitious and well thought through appointment who got the job on merit, be it Rafa or someone else.

Trophies isn't everything mind.

For us, it pretty much is, since we haven't won anything since 1969. And the Fair's Cup wasn't relly the UEFA Cup, so in a way we haven't won anything since 1955.

I personally wouldn't be bothered as long as it was an ambitious appointment.

The thing is Rafa already knows the club and what needs improving, so he could get down to business instantly.

He does, I’m not disputing that , however judging by the replies it seems we think he’s a gimme if this goes through, I’m not so sure and was wondering if the mood would change.Personally if this happens whoever we get will be nowhere as shit as some of the MA appointments .

Rafa is the obvious choice as he already built a foundation he can develop further. I think he would take the club further in a pace that would make the average supporter maintain a connection/familiarity with the club throughout the process, whereas a new manager would probably overhaul the team completely during the first 1-2 transfer windows. Im afraid that could give me a feeling that I had just started supporting a different club.

Also I would fully trust Rafa to work in the supporters best interest to preserve everything that highlights NUFCs identity/history due to his almost unprecedented love and passion for the game.

I would be pretty surprised if they didnt do everything they could to get Rafa back as I dont think they would have even considered buying us without him showing the potential to the world.

However, if they did go for a different manager I would still be excited for the times ahead. After 7-8 years of constant clusterfucks I welcome anything new

Rafa or a young, upcoming manager with desire to prove themselves and a clear vision where they want to take the club in a long term project.

Do people think Rafas style of football would change to a more attacking style with a better calibre of player? Or just stay the same but with better players in it?

I loved Rafa but would be drooling if we started to play the kind of football Liverpool and Man City play.