NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Italians win trophies here in England/tend to be a success.

I think their tactical knowledge, philosophy of winning over style/at all costs when it’s required and their ability to seemingly man manage players is the best in the world.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Wilder

Lampard

Howe

Hodgson

Dyche

Ok managers and you missed Southgate... they need to win stuff/go abroad. Lampard I rate highly out of them all the most! Way behind the rest though and that’s more down to our entire game grassroots up tbh, it’s changing though and for the better.

Allegri's style isnt that dissimilar to rafas is it? Although he will switch tactics a bit more readily. Likes high press, conserving energy and hitting on the break or slower methodical build ups. Players are always very well organized. He would bring a huge resume and likely following of players. He is untested in the premier league though.

Poch would be a better fit to the playing style most fans romanticize about and is a huge proponent of bringing through youth. I worry he doesnt have the extra ability to close out games when it counts but he would give the majority of fans good football to watch. More than that he has something to prove in the premiership.

We know Rafa works. His only question marks are his transfer record with money but we know what we are getting, it's almost impossible not to want him back. He knows and gets the city and club, desperately wants to win the league and wants a legacy project. Can only see them getting someone else if he isnt interested in returning.

Allegri and Rafa are the only two that have been heavily linked so I'd expect it to be one of them.

Allegri's style isnt that dissimilar to rafas is it? Although he will switch tactics a bit more readily. Likes high press, conserving energy and hitting on the break or slower methodical build ups. Players are always very well organized. He would bring a huge resume and likely following of players. He is untested in the premier league though.

Poch would be a better fit to the playing style most fans romanticize about and is a huge proponent of bringing through youth. I worry he doesnt have the extra ability to close out games when it counts but he would give the majority of fans good football to watch. More than that he has something to prove in the premiership.

We know Rafa works. His only question marks are his transfer record with money but we know what we are getting, it's almost impossible not to want him back. He knows and gets the city and club, desperately wants to win the league and wants a legacy project. Can only see them getting someone else if he isnt interested in returning.

Allegri and Rafa are the only two that have been heavily linked so I'd expect it to be one of them.

This is a good video on how his Juventus team played pre-Ronaldo.

Allegri will have better offers like. Even if we do spend crazy amounts, you can't buy a whole new team in one window and it's still a project that will take 2 or 3 years at least

Who knows, he may well be up for that, he's spoken about wanting to manage in England at some point in his career. That we were able to attract Rafa even with Ashley might suggest we still hold some weight in the world of football. With Ashley gone and money available we may seem like a decent project.

I'm inherently biased though. :lol:

Provided this goes through, surely there is no point keeping Bruce until season end (if its even played). Infact it could be potentially damaging. If Rafas coming back there is a portion of the squad whose morale will hit the floor (shelvey, ritchie all the others that have got nice and snuggly with Bruce's do what you want approach). I dont think they have the spine or interest to "do it for bruce" to give him a good send off if he gets until the end of the season. Just get Rafa back in to undo the mess pronto.

If it's a completely new manager (Poch or Allegri) the same is likely true with why wait. All the players are likely to at least try though to impress the new boss.

The other plus point for Rafa is I think this would be his last job (bar national sides). Can't see that being the case with any other manager.

I want that.

Would never have Pochettino over Rafa. No chance.

Rafa would be the right choice if you want a man who you can trust to rebuild the club, but on footballing credentials alone, Pochettino would be hard to beat. Not only did he bring one of the most exciting brands of football to hit the premier league in a decade, he was challenging for the title at one point with nowhere near the resources of the big money clubs. I think we'll go for Rafa, but if we didn't I'd be very happy to see Poch here.

Guest Howaythetoon

Poch is probably the best all-round coach in all areas, Spurs for me were the best coached team in the league while he was there in terms of defence, midfield and attack as a unit (not the most free flowing of course) and under him they punched above their weight despite what some would claim they spent on players, various rivals not being at their best and that he inherited a good set up. He did btw, Spurs we’re constantly progressing before his arrival, from Jol onwards and Redknapp whatever you think about him played as big a part as any in that. Poch was brought in to build on that by winning silverware, and he didn’t.

That’s not a black mark against him though or shouldn’t be, because I don’t think anyone else could have made them any more better, maybe someone would have won a domestic cup or two, but even Mourinho won’t achieve what Poch did whether he’s wins them a cup or not. He’ll need mega money to spend just to be as good..

Poch is very similar to Rafa, but with Rafa you’re getting someone who can come in and has a 3 year head start on everyone else regardless of who they are, someone who has his own business plan, model, programme and policies for the club that can be scaled and because of who he is with his track record, his affiliation with the cloob and his love for the cloob, there is no-one better to bring in as a manager who just so happens to be someone who will also be a business partner and a fucking good one at that, managerial level and coaching the most of course, but in business just as well.

It’s a no brainier, make it happen and I hope it does and think it will.

I’ve been privy to some of his ideas for NUFC (academy/coaching) under Ashley and I’d hire him to run my business, my country and would love him as my dad even. He’s the boss!

I just love the man  :smitten:

How much is rafas compo? 20m or 25m or so isnt it?

Is that just for him or for his staff as well? if theres just a year left on their contracts is it now less than that?

I was thinking that if bruce stays, then its almost a cert that theyre waiting for rafas contract to end. But shirley 20m is nowt to our new owners.

It has to be rafa. Stavely loves the waiter.

This is my first comment since the fakeover became a more than possible takeover. I've watched and read and said nothing because there have been so many crushing disappointments in the last 13 years, I have barely hoped to dream that one day Ashley might be gone from the club I have loved all my life. The prospect of him going and being replaced by owners who might actually give something to the club, its supporters, the city and the community fills me with that glorious word 'hope'.

There is, inevitably, concern amongst many about the human rights record of our potential new owners and I share that. We live in a world where most countries - including the UK - put trade and money above all else. It's not a world I like but I have to live in it.

To the title of this thread. 'Next Manager'. The debate should not about which potential manger espouses the best football, the most attacking team, has a global reputation to attract some of the best players - although I see the appeal in that and, if that is the case, then Allegri is supremely qualified.

No, the debate should be about who is best suited to rebuild, from the very bottom up, every single element of our once great and proud club. Who knows what the Geordie nation need, who understands that paddling pools are not fit for purpose. That we need a completely new training ground, facilities, sports science and psychology development, That the youth system needs over-hauling so that we can bring on and develop our own, a professional scouting and recruitment team put in place to build for the future. Someone who, yes please, can bring in a few world stars but build a real team of quality players with natural succession and a real long term plan for the future. Someone who can communicate with our new owners as well as the supporters. Someone who can help rebuild or relocate (dare I say it) to give us a 'fit for purpose 21st century stadium that could hold 85,000 people. Someone who can inspire. Lead.

For me there is only one man.

Come back Rafa. We need you.

Guest Howaythetoon

Simeone? The football is SO negative and boring!

Nah, not everyone plays football like Pep or Klopp.

Me if find City boring, love watching Liverpool under Klopp though.

We would all love KK style footy, but give me technical football that shows players can pass and move, attack, defend, work areas and cause damage and that’s what the likes of Simeone do and of course Rafa. If the didn’t they would be successful.

And after what we’ve put up with over the years, even Brucie ball would be exciting. Oh wait...

Pretty sure if anyone hires Poch before next season he has to pay Spurs so that might rule him out if they are looking for a quick appointment

Spurs want him to take a pay cut due to cv19 so may be flexible on amounts owed.