NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

I think the notion that it’s going to take 5 or 6 seasons to attract top players is absurd. We all know they are a bunch of whores when it comes to loyalty.

If we’re happy to spend the wages, we could attract most players I’m fairly sure. In the past we’ve been able to bring in very decent players even when we’ve been total dogshit overall.

Also, I’m mindful that we are taking for granted that Rafa is the first choice of the new owners. Sure he might be Staveleys preference but it will be the chairman making the big decisions? He could have someone else in mind.

Let’s be prepared to be slightly disappointed with regards this particular situation.

I’d hire Rafa to run my business never mind my team, his expertise in every area would negate the need to hire such people in such areas. He’s a one stop shop manager, then there is the added adoration of the fans, his connection with the city and his actually CV ain’t bad either. No other candidate, if it costs 20m, it’s 20m well spent and the best money the new owners will ever spend. Come home Rafael!

This is a no brainer but if the new owners decided to hire someone else we shouldn't moan about it.

I actually really enjoyed seeing how well organised we were.  It was quite cathartic knowing your manager knew what he was doing and wasnt relying on mavericks or 'big performances' week in week out.

I still dont understand why people ignore what he achieved in the second half of the season when he had Almiron at his disposal.

Tbf, I judged him on his time at Liverpool where his caution against weaker teams probably cost them the title. Always tagged him as more of a cup winner than a title type. That said, I have said in the other thread that given he is highly intelligent and a student of the game, he's probably moved on quite a lot since those days. He doesn't seem the type not to learn and adapt to the modern game and more effective styles of the day. Would love to see what he would produce now if he had a quality squad available to him.

This is the thing that excites me most. Although it's a double edged sword in the sense that I actually don't actually think he bought well for the Championship season and he does have that precedent of buying hard to shift dross.

There's always been this question mark over players Rafa has bought, but one thing which I think gets overlooked sometimes, is that he buys players to fit his methods. Individually they might look fairly shite, but generally as a team they get results. I'm not sure he would buy Maximin for example, he'd probably buy someone who looked a lot less flash, but you can bet his team would function better than a Brucey one with the flash players.

I actually really enjoyed seeing how well organised we were.  It was quite cathartic knowing your manager knew what he was doing and wasnt relying on mavericks or 'big performances' week in week out.

I still dont understand why people ignore what he achieved in the second half of the season when he had Almiron at his disposal.

Tbf, I judged him on his time at Liverpool where his caution against weaker teams probably cost them the title. Always tagged him as more of a cup winner than a title type. That said, I have said in the other thread that given he is highly intelligent and a student of the game, he's probably moved on quite a lot since those days. He doesn't seem the type not to learn and adapt to the modern game and more effective styles of the day. Would love to see what he would produce now if he had a quality squad available to him.

This is the thing that excites me most. Although it's a double edged sword in the sense that I actually don't actually think he bought well for the Championship season and he does have that precedent of buying hard to shift dross.

There's always been this question mark over players Rafa has bought, but one thing which I think gets overlooked sometimes, is that he buys players to fit his methods. Individually they might look fairly s****, but generally as a team they get results. I'm not sure he would buy Maximin for example, he'd probably buy someone who looked a lot less flash, but you can bet his team would function better than a Brucey one with the flash players.

He's also bought a lot of players who he instantly realised were shit and kept them locked out of view. I would like to see Rafa back but from everything I've read the transfer market is one of his weaker areas.

One of the best things about Rafa is his professional conduct. No headbutts, no dry biscuits, no grinning after getting dicked 5-0 at Chelsea. He's an excellent face for any club and you can tell he's well liked by lots of other top blokes. I think that sort of stuff can go a long way towards influencing referees and the media.

Keep thinking about who would be a good fit, and although the obvious is Rafa, I have also been thinking about Poch's time with Southampton, I had it in my head it was him that teansformed Southampton with some superb buys, but in actual fact it was Ronald Koeman, Koeman led them to their highest league finish, Signed many players that were superb and have gone on to become stars today.

Koeman's business while at Southampton was very good.

Probably wouldn't be many fans choice, but I think in my head I was crediting Poch with what Koeman actually did after Poch had left.

There's not a safer bet to leave you £xxxxxxxxx investment with than Rafa.

As a minimum, he'd guarantee safety even with this squad.

As a maximum, he's a cup trophy and potentially top 5.

Not only that though, the value of our squad must've plummeted since he left. Sean Longstaff alone must be worth £35m less than before.

We got £30m for Ayoze BECAUSE of Rafa. Before Rafa, I doubt we'd have got £8m for him.

He'd pay for his own buy out fee with one player moving out. One.

Compare that to the current shithouse of an incumbent.......

Has to be Rafa.

Would prefer Pochettino as manager and Les Ferdinand as Director of Football.

That said would be quiet happy with Rafa aswell, but that would be my second choice.

What’s Ferdinand done to warrant getting that role here ?

Genuine question by the way has he done anything that suggests he should get it

Deffo no for Pochettinho. He turned spurs shite and deserved the boot.

Completely forgotting the fact he got them to a Champions League final, and competeing regualrly at the top of the league, something they would not be doing if not for him.

From what we’ve been liked with:

1. Rafa - as already stated knows the club and deserves a crack at it for all he did for us and for bringing investment to the table.

2. Poch - did a great job at spurs but the lack of investment in the team to subsidise the stadium held him back. Also this *

3. Allegri - proven winner in Italy, but know little about him and style.

8-DC5-F7-D8-73-B6-4-C33-9844-D546-AFE33882.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

Italians win trophies here in England/tend to be a success.

I think their tactical knowledge, philosophy of winning over style/at all costs when it’s required and their ability to seemingly man manage players is the best in the world.

Italians win trophies here in England/tend to be a success.

I think their tactical knowledge, philosophy of winning over style/at all costs when it’s required and their ability to seemingly man manage players is the best in the world.

And they know how to adjust their man management approach to the level they're working at. Di Canio wouldn't let Lee Cattermole put sauce on his chips.

Think Spanish managers are the best personally, Italy a close second.

Spain:

Pep

Rafa

Valverde

Setien

emery

Lopetegui

Jamez

Italy:

Conte

Mancini

Sarri