Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

At least it will give them a chance to build a new infrastructure once Charnleys cupboard is cleaned out ( I bet he had a George Costanza sleeping spot under his desk)

:lol: Definitely

I can definitely see Ashley being like Steinbrenner. :lol:

:lol:

Ashley: Where's that calzone, I can smell it! Charnley is in the building!

Let’s assume this all goes through, as expected now.

How can the new owners plan anything on the pitch? We have no idea when the current season ends never mind the new one.

We will be itching to get the ball rolling , plus fans won’t be allowed back this year imho, so it would be a twat if the season got going behind closed doors, Rafa back leading the side and none of us there to see it, urghh.

Strange times, I just can’t predict when we will be able to see all this for real.

This is one of the reasons I was saying I wish this hadn't happened during this strange period in history when everything's in lockdown. Doesn't feel like we can celebrate it properly like we usually would, and yeah, when the new season kicks off, will there even be fans in the ground to welcome the new era?

Theres a fair chance its only happening because of this trance period though

Good point.

I've changed my mind, as it's only fair. If the Saudis are prepared to overlook their own firmly held beliefs on alcohol and not interfere in our own customs, then I should be the bigger man and do the same thing, when possible.

What you on about?

I've changed my mind, as it's only fair. If the Saudis are prepared to overlook their own firmly held beliefs on alcohol and not interfere in our own customs, then I should be the bigger man and do the same thing, when possible.

What you on about?

They're willing to accept that we like to drink so I should be willing to accept that they like to kill people.

What you on about?

They're willing to accept that we like to drink so I should be willing to accept that they like to kill people.

:lol:

He says imminent announcement then when asked when he says sometime in May. Hardly imminent

His tweet about May was from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/ManuLonjon/status/1251857755289387008

Ah right cheers, hopefully he is right about this then and we get an announcement very soon, although most journalists seek to be saying a few weeks yet