Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Welcome back Whitley Mag! O0

Cheers Scoot, back and refreshed for the final push.

Good to have you back, been a bit lonely here!

Yes, "the final push" sums up exactly where we are now at!

A logical decision by the moderators in the end manorpark !

The fact the arbitration hearing has not began points to one thing, compromise and this being passed. Why would the consortium/Ashley be keen to wait at this point, because they know the ramifications of Bein being reinstated and the legal cases being dropped.

Our positivity and realism will proved well founded my friend.

Talking to yourself is a sure sign of madness  :pow:

We need to remember De Marco by his own self publication has worked for all the governing bodies. He knows how they think and what they require, he settles disputes and gets results. He’ll be well aware of what the PL require to get this passed.

The fact the arbitration hearing has not began points to one thing, compromise and this being passed. Why would the consortium/Ashley be keen to wait at this point, because they know the ramifications of Bein being reinstated and the legal cases being dropped.

Talking to yourself is a sure sign of madness  :pow:

It was only 24 hours but good to know you’re still reading my posts. Keep the faith Sean it must have been hard for you to venture into this thread.  :lol:

Whitley Mag your actions got also got myself, Disco and Neil banned due to some IP address issue so make sure you behave this time

:lol: I can’t promise that after all I never actually insulted anyone and it was purely banter. Whether you consider that banter as poor is upto the admin to decide.

Unfortunately I can only be responsible for my own actions and not some IT glitches on this site.

Glad you’re back Whitley.....was a bit dicey on Wednesday.Thought i nearly joined you for a while. I’m still well in the positive mode and hope the next 3-4 weeks see’s us finally rid of the evil dynasty ?

Don’t think you had any concerns Jinky you’re far more eloquent and restrained than myself  :lol: I’m very much in that place to, think this is the calm before it all kicks off. Let’s hope for 3 points tomorrow, Mehdrad’s response to winning last week shows how important staying up is.

Whitley Mag your actions got also got myself, Disco and Neil banned due to some IP address issue so make sure you behave this time

:lol: I can’t promise that after all I never actually insulted anyone and it was purely banter. Whether you consider that banter as poor is upto the admin to decide.

Unfortunately I can only be responsible for my own actions and not some IT glitches on this site.

Were some of your posts deleted as I couldn't see anything bad at all?

Were some of your posts deleted as I couldn't see anything bad at all?

Absolutely not but I harbour no grudges and respect the moderators decision. I’m sure I’ll be in bother again at some point but all good natured.

Just tone it down a bit and step back now and then (god I'm getting old) because it's worth having you around, you bring some balance but tend to become a caricature of yourself a few posts after your point is made.

During a case my family were involved in the defending lawyer was the same lawyer who unsuccessfully defended Ched Evans on his rape convictions. According to people working on our side of the case, he used to brag about the case.

Ched Evans later appealed and won his conviction, then went back and successfully sued that very lawyer for misrepresentation.

So in answer to that tweet, yes it does actually happen.

Inshallah! Yours and Manorpark's posts have been what's kept the lights on for toon fans mate, not really interested in hearing the cold water brigade alternative right now. While there's even a glimmer of hope the takeover will still happen I will keep believing. The alternative just isn't something I want to think about at this point. If ever.

Inshallah! Yours and Manorpark's posts have been what's kept the lights on for toon fans mate, not really interested in hearing the cold water brigade alternative right now. While there's even a glimmer of hope the takeover will still happen I will keep believing. The alternative just isn't something I want to think about at this point. If ever.

Agree completely I’m out for good if this doesn’t go through. If Bein is restored in Saudi Arabia there is no legitimate reason for blocking this takeover any longer. The Burnley takeover sham makes a mockery of Masters claims that they are protecting the club. How in anyway in our current guise could we be any worse off, the current version of NUFC suits them perfectly. Gazumped by Liverpool for a defender on deadline day and giving game time to an Arsenal youngster.

The establishment don’t want this takeover, but they’ve underestimated the will of all involved to make this happen.

Agree completely I’m out for good if this doesn’t go through. If Bein is restored in Saudi Arabia there is no legitimate reason for blocking this takeover any longer. The Burnley takeover sham makes a mockery of Masters claims that they are protecting the club. How in anyway in our current guise could we be any worse off, the current version of NUFC suits them perfectly. Gazumped by Liverpool for a defender on deadline day and giving game time to an Arsenal youngster.

The establishment don’t want this takeover, but they’ve underestimated the will of all involved to make this happen.

Yes, this WILL happen, and happen soon. So much hard work by people who are (quite simply) "used to winning in business", the 'dream team' of Reuben Bros / PIF / Staveley, will inevitably pay off.

My favourite phrase is . . "all WE have to do is wait" . . but (as I also often add) just pause right now and think about "how great it will shortly be".

Yes, I would have preferred it quicker, but it is going to be worth the wait, and quite amazing when you add the three groups I mention (Reuben Bros / PIF / Staveley) to the FOURTH GROUP . . .

. . . wait for it . . .

N U F C !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manorpark[/member] ..you've been saying soon since the backend of last year. Think would be better you just say it will happen.

He's been saying it for about a year...

I find amusing that Ashley, the buyers, the PL and the lawyers don’t know what way it’s gonna go yet but there are a few in here that will tell you every single day that it’s happening and just to wait :lol:

manorpark[/member] ..you've been saying soon since the backend of last year. Think would be better you just say it will happen.

I find amusing that Ashley, the buyers, the PL and the lawyers don’t know what way it’s gonna go yet but there are a few in here that will tell you every single day that it’s happening and just to wait :lol:

I think De Marco would have given Barnes/Ashley a very good idea of which way he thinks this will go.

Truth is nobody knows which way it is going to go. Its all speculation and opinion, which tbf is what forums like this are all about. My gut feeling from the very beginning is that it won't go through based on nothing more than me just not being able to imagine NUFC being the richest club in world football!