Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Actually looking forward to castore kits. Teething problems aside Rangers stuff seems decent. Training gear looks good too and the retro special they brought out is a cracker 

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

A lot of people on twitter etc getting excited about both the shop news and latest that came out today. What do we reckon? Worth getting excited about?

If I had to put my cans on it, I'd say the shop news in unrelated and the emails don't reveal much at all. That said, Keith seems happy and he did say somewhere, "that's what we believe". I do hope that means he's had a text of someone important.

It's looking like a lot of the skullduggery we all presumed was happening, was actually happening. Whether that turns into cold hard evidence at this point is impossible to figure, but circumstantially it all looks a bit sus, especially with the timing of the introduction of Hoffman.

9 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

It's looking like a lot of the skullduggery we all presumed was happening, was actually happening. Whether that turns into cold hard evidence at this point is impossible to figure, but circumstantially it all looks a bit sus, especially with the timing of the introduction of Hoffman.

I'm sure Nick de Marco will be all over it. Probably has been for some time.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

A lot of people on twitter etc getting excited about both the shop news and latest that came out today. What do we reckon? Worth getting excited about?

What have I missed? I read about the shop news but what’s the other thing?

4 minutes ago, LV said:

What have I missed? I read about the shop news but what’s the other thing?

The takeover was hours from getting confirmed then ....................*redacted* .......................................it didnt 

Guest reefatoon
50 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Yep agree. That Hoffman looks like the factor that came into it and stopped it in its tracks.

I wonder if it's to late for the evidence released today to be used in the arbitration hearing. If its not to late then surely that means arbitration hasn't started which in turn means the club shop news has no relevance on the takeover. 

Likewise if the club shop news is takeover related then I'm not sure why the PL leaks being released are so significant. 

The two together don't really make much sense. 

Reading about the government involvement, it makes you wonder what use an arbitration hearing is. The players involved in this case are above the law. I can’t help but feel this goes in favour of who’s got the most money and the best connections.

Edited by Candi_Hills

Doesn’t the release of this information mean it’s totally fucked? I thought the government was on our side and reading some of this email stuff it seems to me that they didn’t and can’t have any influence in pushing this through even though economically it’s a no brainer to get the deal done.

7 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Doesn’t the release of this information mean it’s totally fucked? I thought the government was on our side and reading some of this email stuff it seems to me that they didn’t and can’t have any influence in pushing this through even though economically it’s a no brainer to get the deal done.

I was wondering that too. The PL told Boris, “We’re gonna Duke of York them”, and the government went, “aye right”.