Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Some NUFC account on twitter is posting pictures of cans again (TBF its those fizzy piss purple Cider cans) but I'm back in.

I'm the owner of said account - it's not takeover related - don't get worked up over it mate.

On 15/04/2020 at 16:12, Jinky Jim said:

With a change of thread title, from “Futile optimism-Saudi Takeover Edition” and the various in depth discussions about Morals etc now going on, there might be a need to start a new thread titled “Positive Optimism-Saudi Takeover Edition”.....Not wanting to prevent anyone from viewing the thread....it would be nice if only tweets were of a positive and not controversial nature....Outlandish twitter reports, positive media hype and interesting sports stars take on our situation could be a good starting point. This thread is meant to be lighthearted and warming towards our potential takeover...after all there’s not much else positive it the worlds ATM.

I’ll start the ball rolling with some interesting plane tracking:-

Jack Chaytor 🇸🇦 (@jchaytor16) Tweeted:

HZ-SKY4 owned by sky prime is about to land in the UK from Riyadh. A saudi government owned aircraft.

#nufctakeover #nufc https://t.co/OIQPZZdtKl

Not that I’m into this thread particularly but the purpose of it is pretty evident if you look back to the first post. Also, was it not just a “positive optimism” thread pre-Saudi takeover? The point being that the thread is here to be a lighthearted antidote to the misery elsewhere. 

27 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

But by winning the legal action the sale could go ahead. Why do you think PIF have changed their mind? After sinking millions in the process.

Did you read the paperwork coming out of the most recent case?

Because they couldn't / refused to satisfactorily answer the questions concerning the control and ownership. What do you base your assuredness of the club / Ashley winning the legal action on at this stage, other than more blind optimism obviously? 

Guest reefatoon
28 minutes ago, Ben said:

Some NUFC account on twitter is posting pictures of cans again (TBF its those fizzy piss purple Cider cans) but I'm back in.

Share the tweets matey, that’s what this thread is for

12 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Because they couldn't / refused to satisfactorily answer the questions concerning the control and ownership. What do you base your assuredness of the club / Ashley winning the legal action on at this stage, other than more blind optimism obviously? 

But they won't have to answer the questions if we win the case so the problem goes away. Hence potential takeover.

When have I assured we will win the case? You'll struggle to answer that as I haven't as I don't have a fucking clue :lol:

My point is that you don't have a clue either but seem happy to lord it over people.

Anyway, we shall find out at some point I guess. 

13 minutes ago, Wandy said:

On that other thread they are saying their "source" has confirmed that the shop thing is definitely takeover related. Positive Optimism 'n all that.

Would make sense. The greedy bar steward probably looking at ways of lining his pockets when shirt sales rocket 

3 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Would make sense. The greedy bar steward probably looking at ways of lining his pockets when shirt sales rocket 

That wouldn't make sense though would it, he's closed the store and laid off the staff as the new owners don't want to keep them on. It's a Sports Direct store, which will now revert to a Newcastle club shop again after a refit.

If the story is true, it came from Craig Hope.....so hope i suppose.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9467645/Mike-Ashley-closes-Newcastles-retail-store-makes-staff-redundant.html

Mike Ashley shuts down Newcastle's retail store and makes all of its staff redundant as they are told club's proposed new owners do not want to keep them - with shop likely to return to club control in fresh £300m Saudi-takeover twist

• Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is closing club's retail store with staff redundant
  • He informed them that club's proposed new owners do not wish to keep them
  • In a move that insiders say points towards a development in the £300m takeover
  • Sportsmail understands the change is one of the conditions of the Saudi deal

Mike Ashley is closing the Newcastle United retail store and has made all of his staff redundant, informing them that the club's proposed new owners do not wish to keep them. 

In a move that insiders say points towards a development in the £300million Saudi-led takeover, the Sports Direct-owned store is now likely to return to club control.

Sportsmail understands the change is one of the conditions of the Saudi deal, which has been awaiting High Court arbitration since its collapse last summer. The progress of that private hearing is not known.

Staff were said to be stunned when told on Monday that the St James' Park shop must be cleared by next week and that all jobs would be lost.

It is expected to remain closed for a period before being refurbished. Kit supplier Castore are set to be confirmed as the club's new official provider and the store, when reopened, will only stock their merchandise.

Castore, whose kit is worn by Andy Murray, will sign a deal worth around £5million and replace Puma in the role. The British company, founded in 2015, has a similar relationship with Scottish champions Rangers

However, it is the mention of incoming owners in a letter sent to staff that is the talk of those close to the situation and inside Sports Direct.

Ashley has instructed top sports lawyers to challenge the Premier League's owners and directors test, which could not determine a separation between the Saudi state and the country's Public Investment Fund leading the Newcastle buyout, causing their withdrawal in July.

But sources close to the deal say that all parties, including consortium members Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers, remain committed to it — pending the outcome of the private arbitration hearing against the Premier League. 

Were that to be successful — and Ashley is said to be hopeful of a positive outcome — then it is expected that a takeover would be finalised swiftly and the Newcastle owner's 14-year reign would be over.

Easier for Ashley to state change in ownership whilst making a bunch of people redundant (if that's what has been said) but its more likely Castore have the ownership of the shops now and that is the new ownership talked about but its been twisted to takeover news.

Why would the new owners not what the club shop? Wouldn't that just be the case if the prospective owner was skint and needed to chop any non-essentials out of the deal.

Wouldn't be confident it's not classic Ashley just trying to deflect as he kicks people out of their jobs.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

3 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/castore-rangers-apology-ibrox-fans-22555457

"Castore in Rangers apology as Ibrox fans left raging at replica kit quality

Rangers supporters were left fizzing by difference in their replica kits and the sports brand have issued an apology."

Was gonna say, weren't Rangers fans booting off because the kits fell apart in the wash?

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

Why would the new owners not what the club shop? Wouldn't that just be the case if the prospective owner was skint and needed to chop any non-essentials out of the deal.

It's a Sports Direct shop. Guessing that has something to do with it.