Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Agree, but I do think it's odd for the forum to have a specific thread to accommodate talking about the same subject in a different way. 

That said, I am not a mod and I will never speak of this again :rose:

People can talk about what they want in whatever way they want. Regardless of the thread or its tone, we should be able to avoid making obviously provocative statements which do nowt but antagonise people and, by the same token, aggressive responses which do nowt but keep the fire going. Just don't be dicks to each other, there's no need. :lol:

25 minutes ago, STM said:

Boo hoo, someone suggested that the takeover might not happen. Did I ruin the fantasy world that you lot are creating?

Its not even about the likelihood of a takeover, its about you lot burying your head in the sand and ignoring the truth because it makes you feel a bit better about life.

If I'm wrong and the takeover goes through, great and if there is an "I told you so" thrown in my direction, fine but I'd suggest that says more about where your priorities lie than mine.

Ban me from this fantasy thread if you like. Couldnt give a shite. Its about as close to a thread on reality as a thread about Harry Potter or Qanon. 

Fuming

1 hour ago, STM said:

Boo hoo, someone suggested that the takeover might not happen. Did I ruin the fantasy world that you lot are creating?

Its not even about the likelihood of a takeover, its about you lot burying your head in the sand and ignoring the truth because it makes you feel a bit better about life.

If I'm wrong and the takeover goes through, great and if there is an "I told you so" thrown in my direction, fine but I'd suggest that says more about where your priorities lie than mine.

Ban me from this fantasy thread if you like. Couldnt give a shite. Its about as close to a thread on reality as a thread about Harry Potter or Qanon. 

Fantasy world that contains an actual written statement from the club specifically saying they are doing everything they can to get the takeover done? 

What does your real world contain? 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Just change the thread title from "Positive Optimism" to "Blind Optimism" and it'll be fully fit for purpose. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

I sit kind off in the middle when it comes to this, but the bit in bold. Come on man, whats wrong with people wanting to believe in something because it makes them feel better? The world been really shitty this past year, at least allow people to be optimistic about something :lol:

1 hour ago, STM said:

Who?

12 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Just change the thread title from "Positive Optimism" to "Blind Optimism" and it'll be fully fit for purpose. 

You should get on the blower to Mike and save him a fortune in legal fees. I’m sure the tight cunt hoys away millions on the back of blind optimism all the time.

Edited by Whitley mag

Guest reefatoon

Just can’t get over the venom in it. [emoji38] His fingers must have been throbbing after furiously typing that. 

16 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

You should get on the blower to Mike and save him a fortune in legal fees. I’m sure the tight cunt hoys away millions on the back of blind optimism all the time.

Mike is annoyed that they've cost him his sale, that it's gone. Finished. Hence the legal action. Absurd that people don't realise this still. 

not much venom in it - just frustration.  Why is it acceptable to purposely go onto a thread to just put down the posters who want to post things in support of the thread title?   If that is acceptable then I guess its open season and it will be okay to start spamming all topics with shit about the forces of say, electrons and protons, think it will take up about 400 lines at a time.   May not be interesting to most and may go against the topic title but hey its all about opinions right!

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

Mike is annoyed that they've cost him his sale, that it's gone. Finished. Hence the legal action. Absurd that people don't realise this still. 

So he’s just after compensation. Delighted you’ve cleared that up for everyone who’s been wasting there time in this thread. [emoji38]

1 hour ago, 54 said:

I sit kind off in the middle when it comes to this, but the bit in bold. Come on man, whats wrong with people wanting to believe in something because it makes them feel better? The world been really shitty this past year, at least allow people to be optimistic about something :lol:

This fantasy land and burying heads in sand is just garbage. Arbitration is happening and if the case is won then the takeover will likely proceed (assuming the only blocker is the ownership piece).

Not for one instance am I saying we'll win the case because no one has any idea one way or the other. But the naysayers are basing their smug assertions on exactly nothing...unless they're secret legal experts of course

53 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

But by winning the legal action the sale could go ahead. Why do you think PIF have changed their mind? After sinking millions in the process.

Did you read the paperwork coming out of the most recent case?