Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

4 hours ago, ShoTime said:

Also, buy my shitty t-shirts. 

Fuck me I thought this was a joke!

If his intentions are sincere then his delivery is absolutely atrocious tbh. He is currently painting himself as a stereotypical wum.

I don't want to rib any fans but someone needs to tell him to take a break, possibly an indefinite one.

Or he’s a bloke who’s spent a fortune and gets a bit excited when he’d be better off biting his tongue. He has something. Kennedy confirmed the story is ready to go when they get the nod. Will it be underwhelming? Maybe. Are they lying about having a story? Highly unlikely. 

Just be patient, man. 

24 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Nothing from either @Mimms or @Ando7 since the move the new forum?

Mimms was rumbled as a fraudster. He bailed out leaving his cult to move on to worship (what’s looking more and more like) bullshit Keith. 

2 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Or he’s a bloke who’s spent a fortune and gets a bit excited when he’d be better off biting his tongue. He has something. Kennedy confirmed the story is ready to go when they get the nod. Will it be underwhelming? Maybe. Are they lying about having a story? Highly unlikely. 

Just be patient, man. 

A journalist lying? Well I never 😂

I don’t think he’s spent nearly as much as what people think he has and just because Medrad or NDM are clicking like on the tweets he’s mentioned them in does not mean he’s in cahoots with them.

Christ, NDM has replied to one of mine, does that make me an oracle on all things takeover?

Its like the life of Brian this whole Twitter nonsense except people are taking it seriously 

10 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Have we not been patient enough? :lol:

People talk as if we have been duped and are being taken for a ride again. But there has been no lie, no grand conspiracy. Only complications, appeals and setbacks. It’s frustrating but the story trickles out month by month. 

19 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Or he’s a bloke who’s spent a fortune and gets a bit excited when he’d be better off biting his tongue

Well yeah, exactly this.

He's a switched on bloke, he knows he is whipping up a frenzy so he HAS to deliver something of note here.

If not his credibility is surely shot to shit.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

Well yeah, exactly this.

He's a switched on bloke, he knows he is whipping up a frenzy so he HAS to deliver something of note here.

If not his credibility is surely shot to shit.

Tbf he needs to deliver a decent body blow to the PL (Masters knew about super league or convos to PL big 6 about blocking the deal) or we never hear of it and the takeover went through. That’s his baseline. If he doesn’t achieve it then his reputation is in tatters and no one will believe a word he says. He put himself in that position so only himself to blame.

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

A journalist lying? Well I never 😂

I don’t think he’s spent nearly as much as what people think he has and just because Medrad or NDM are clicking like on the tweets he’s mentioned them in does not mean he’s in cahoots with them.

Christ, NDM has replied to one of mine, does that make me an oracle on all things takeover?

Its like the life of Brian this whole Twitter nonsense except people are taking it seriously 

Given the background to the twitter hiatus,  I can see why holding off on a story at the current time is a good idea, when the footballing world is taking a stand against social media, the idea of putting something out that might send it into overdrive would be a PR own goal.  

Just now, Dokko said:

Tbf he needs to deliver a decent body blow to the PL (Masters knew about super league or convos to PL big 6 about blocking the deal) or we never hear of it and the takeover went through. That’s his baseline. If he doesn’t achieve it then his reputation is in tatters and no one will believe a word he says. He put himself in that position so only himself to blame.

People will still continue to suck him off and hang on to his every word. He'll go on with this "they can't print it" line forever until the takeover is approved, then claim it was his knowledge and his time that swung the odds in our favour and claim himself the saviour of the takeover. Also buy these lousy t-shirts.

I hope Ashley/NUFC has the badge that NCSL use and have scribbled "Newcastle Consortium Supporters" over, under copyright and sues him just for the craic. 

8 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Given the background to the twitter hiatus,  I can see why holding off on a story at the current time is a good idea, when the footballing world is taking a stand against social media, the idea of putting something out that might send it into overdrive would be a PR own goal.  

The thing is though, that social media blackout was announced weeks ago. He would have known that before he spouted off saying he was going to release something.

We can come up with theories on what might be going on behind the scenes but let’s just stick to what we know..

”I have earth shattering news that I’ve given to a journalist to verify and check with legal”

”it should be released later in the week”

”I’m hoping it will be released later in the week”

”it might not be released later in the week”

”it might not be released at all”

”but that’s ok because it might mean something else which I can’t talk about”

Its mental that we're even giving this chap the time of day.

If this was about anything other than the takeover he’d be ridiculed by now.

Edited by Dr Jinx

2 minutes ago, ShoTime said:

People will still continue to suck him off and hang on to his every word. He'll go on with this "they can't print it" line forever until the takeover is approved, then claim it was his knowledge and his time that swung the odds in our favour and claim himself the saviour of the takeover. Also buy these lousy t-shirts.

I hope Ashley/NUFC has the badge that NCSL use and have scribbled "Newcastle Consortium Supporters" over, under copyright and sues him just for the craic. 

If the takeover is approved last thing I’ll give a shit about is whether he played his part or the info was genuine. I’d probably be looking rough as Peter Barlow if he won the lottery. 

1 hour ago, Candi_Hills said:

Just be patient, man. 

There's only one person who has pointed everyone towards today being a big day...... 

Seemed the accepted wisdom a little while ago that Kennedy had some insider info on the takeover and I don't see why he'd lie about a story being there. Do agree that Keith would've been far better keeping shut on it like and I'm sure he doesn't mind the extra attention.  Canny grim seeing people queue up to say that this proves what they've been saying all along. 

Edited by TheHoob