Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

51 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Get the takeover done…….give them a few weeks grace….then throw the bloody book at them.Masters,Hoffman, BEIN and Liverpool/Spurs should be fully exposed for their involvement in this fiasco….Masters and Hoffman in particular should be hounded out.

Would be the perfect ending to it all, after them verbally agreeing last time, let them think the pressure has been taken off them for a week, then having a non Newcastle owning Ashley take them for all they are worth and exposing all the corruption they have overseen

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Good thread.

/ The PL haven’t seen this coming. They’ve been so focussed on arbitration and the rest of their circus that this case will come at them faster than they can handle. And this is a BIG one. They’ll have to rebut all evidence put to them beyond reasonable doubt. That’s mammoth.

What I still don't get, and apologies in advance for not being blindly optimistic is what a fan led initiative could uncover that a professional team of legal eagles couldn't/didn't.

Does he have a team of ethical hackers or some such, so he has access to confidential email correspondence and if that is the case then I wouldn't think that's admissible evidence?

Loving all the noises coming out of late. Feels like things are cranking up. Definitely a time to feel positive that this will eventually be sorted. Just keep thinking about it being announced man, how exciting is that day going to be.

50 minutes ago, Dokko said:

/ The PL haven’t seen this coming. They’ve been so focussed on arbitration and the rest of their circus that this case will come at them faster than they can handle. And this is a BIG one. They’ll have to rebut all evidence put to them beyond reasonable doubt. That’s mammoth.

Given this isn’t a criminal case surely it’s “on the balance of probability” rather than beyond reasonable doubt. Mind I’m no lawyer so I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Aye. It’s balance of probabilities.

So, whatever evidence the club put forward the burden of proof isn’t as high to show the PL broke anti competition law?

34 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

The burden of proof is that they have to show it is more likely than not that the PL broke anti-competition law. 

Thanks, it’s what I thought.

2 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

The burden of proof is that they have to show it is more likely than not that the PL broke anti-competition law. 

I might be wrong but I think the balance of probabilities bar gets higher as the gravity of the case/decision increases? 

Hopes are high too, according to sources, that proceedings could reach a court date in less than six months, depending on the outcome of an impending hearing. Document disclosure, which is being sought by owner Mike Ashley could come much sooner.

And interestingly, this conference is a public matter and could, we’re told, be streamed, details of which will be announced on https://www.catribunal.org.uk/– allowing NUFC fans to see the club’s anti-competition initial skirmishes played out in the public domain.

Sources claim the expected timescale of a fast-track case would be around three to four months – although nothing can be absolutely guaranteed.

When approached by the Gazette, the Premier League issued a ‘no comment’ response on the latest legal action thrown their way by Mike Ashley.

58 minutes ago, ED209 said:

I might be wrong but I think the balance of probabilities bar gets higher as the gravity of the case/decision increases? 

You need more evidence the more serious/consequential the allegation, but technically the burden remains the same. So pretty much :thup: 

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

This is going on well in to 2022 isn’t it 

Bin Salman's great, great grandson takes over the Newcastle Nukes Rollerball team as they fight for victory and indeed their very lives competing in the hyper-violent hi-tech sport of a dystopian future.

The message has always been

W A I T

At this rate Manorpark and Whitley will be hearing the takeover news via clairvoyant;) 

3 minutes ago, RS said:

The message has always been

W A I T

At this rate Manorpark and Whitley will be hearing the takeover news via clairvoyant;) 

Aye let's hope they have grandkids

The disclosure will have to come much sooner, let’s see how the PL feel about this. 

If not I’m sure we’ll all support each other through the next 9 months. I’ll play my part and keep the shite tweets coming. 

In it together lads looking forward to it.

23 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Bin Salman's great, great grandson takes over the Newcastle Nukes Rollerball team as they fight for victory and indeed their very lives competing in the hyper-violent hi-tech sport of a dystopian future.

Hi Admin,

I take it the pretence that we are allowed a positive thread can get to fuck then?

7 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

Don't see why people can't wait a few months. We have been waiting close to 100 years to win the league.

We start our 3rd season under Steve Bruce in August...

I get the impatience, ideally we want to have everything in place so that Bruce can be moved on and a few players bought to give us that immediate boost before the new season starts.

But I’m in the camp that we’ve waited this long, I can wait longer if I know there’s goi no to be something at the end of it. It genuinely seems that way now.

The PL have too much coming at them right now in terms of litigation. Where is the money coming from to fight all these cases? Is there a point where it will eat into the money divided between its member clubs?

• Yorkie changed the title to Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition