Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Guest HTT II

It’s over man FFS, keeping it in the public eye, what for? Clicks, shares and retweets, that’s what it’s all about right now amongst the mongs who are invested in carrying on this shit show of a lie-fest… [emoji38]

Edited by HTT II

30 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s over man FFS, keeping it in the public eye, what for? Clicks, shares and retweets, that’s what it’s all about right now amongst the mongs who are invested in carrying on this shit show of a lie-fest… [emoji38]

It’s not about clicks, shares and retweet’s for the majority. It’s about ridding ourselves of Ashley and getting the takeover we’ve been cheated out of.

Unfortunately it’s not like the old sack the board days, times moved on whether we like it or not and social media seems to be where it’s at.

I have no problem with anyone bailing out,  but it’s not over and ask yourself would the mancs or scousers just accept it being over at this point.

Until Staveley calls it off it’s not over by a long shot.

48 minutes ago, HTT II said:

If there's just 1% chance of this takeover happening then that's enough to keep me engaged, because accepting the alternative is not an option for me, dunno why it would be for anyone else. :dontknow:

Edited by Thumbheed

It's not binary though is it?

I want a takeover to happen. +

I don't believe from anything I have seen that a takeover will happen.

Does not = I don't want takeover to happen.

I have a question.  If the big 6 and the epl are blocking this takeover because they dont want competition at the top end of the epl from an owner with unlimited financial clout in the form of KSA, what will the EPL do if we find  a buyer with Abramovic type financial resources funding our club.  Will they try to block that too!!!

30 minutes ago, STM said:

It's not binary though is it?

I want a takeover to happen. +

I don't believe from anything I have seen that a takeover will happen.

Does not = I don't want takeover to happen.

There's nothing in my comment which speaks to whether  I beleive you want the takeover to go through or not. 

All it says, is that on a personal level, I just can't fathom why anyone wouldn't cling onto the 1% chance (based on the fact we have 2 active legal cases), as the alternative is just so futile and renders supporting the club pointless. 

Edited by Thumbheed

9 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

I have a question.  If the big 6 and the epl are blocking this takeover because they dont want competition at the top end of the epl from an owner with unlimited financial clout in the form of KSA, what will the EPL do if we find  a buyer with Abramovic type financial resources funding our club.  Will they try to block that too!!!

Bearing In mind that UEFA are on record saying they have no problem with sovereign wealth funds owning football clubs, it would be interesting if for example the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund attempted to buy a club.

Would the PL insist on every sovereign wealth fund bid putting the state forward. If that’s the case they are putting the PL at a massive disadvantage as I can’t see many if any countries being up for that. 

If QSI had attempted to buy Man United instead of PSG, would they have insisted on the Qatari state being subjected to the test.

They’ve made this up off the hoof to suit their own motives and in my opinion PBP proves any bid that threatens the 6 clubs position would be lobbied against. It’s all about protecting their revenue streams and fuck the rest.

1 hour ago, B-more Mag said:

If PIF can buy us without KSA being tested, would anyone have an issue with KSA setting up a separate sovereign fund that buys another, additional, PL club?

I wouldn’t have a problem with it in the sense that I know that would never happen. None of us are unrealistic enough to think that KSA wouldn’t have some sort of hopes for how this takeover would have panned out,

The thing is, MBS, and his ministry. They are not the brightest. It wouldn’t be all that good if they were heavily involved.

PIF are a different matter. They have very bright minds making decisions. I haven’t a doubt they would entrust the investment to people who would guarantee it being a success.

5 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

If PIF can buy us without KSA being tested, would anyone have an issue with KSA setting up a separate sovereign fund that buys another, additional, PL club?

vyys5Us.jpg

Funny that we go back and forth here on this while the buyers/seller/PL/lawyers/breadmakers

are just continuing with their lives as usual. As if they're constantly trying to 'keep it in the public eye' when the club statement itself is already a week old and we've heard nothing apart from that statement and a tweet from the buyer's husband. They even said they won't make further comment. You'd think there'd be more pressure being applied 'in the public's eyes' rather than a few tweets here and there about things directly/indirectly related to us that's not even from the buyers/sellers.

Its only on here and possibly on other forums that this is still being talked about. Don't get me wrong, I want this takeover to happen as much as everyone but my hope has eroded and the broken and hurt feelings are further wounded by attention grabbing people seeking attention people hiding behind #nufctakeover

So…

I’m on a campsite in the Lake District where I overhear a guy in the next plot on his phone. Keeping a distance for discretion I begin to eavesdrop.

Clearly a guy in the football industry he’s also talking with I pick out some various nuggets in between kids screaming and cars passing.

Had them to post yesterday however today I saw him alone in a quieter setting and give him a compliment on his dog for a stop and chat as Larry David would say.

In summary we had the deal done for the Barcelona full back that’s went to Leeds all done with club and player only for MA to pull it. This has pissed Bruce off massively and he’s now getting offered players he doesn’t want which is pissing him off further.

The son or brother of the guy who bought Bristol City wanted to buy us but as we’d expect MA wants the sale of the club structured so any future cup wins etc etc over a long period of time he gets a cut of profits etc.

Some Peruvian businessman was also interested but got sick of being messed around and many others haven’t shown proof of funds.

There are some Qatari’s wanting us now but at £280 but MA not budging on £320 up front.

Anyway this guy was something to do with Swansea and their recruitment and close to Hew Jenkins the former owner. Didn’t speak highly Cooper or of the new owners as did a leverage buy out which lead me to discussing the misuse of the O&D test in our case which he agreed with. 

Mentioned a few other deals yesterday but was hard to keep track. Think some club want Fat Sam.

Anyway back to my camping. Thought I’d share. Didn’t like is dog at all TBH.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So…

I’m on a campsite in the Lake District where I overhear a guy in the next plot on his phone. Keeping a distance for discretion I begin to eavesdrop.

Clearly a guy in the football industry he’s also talking with I pick out some various nuggets in between kids screaming and cars passing.

Had them to post yesterday however today I saw him alone in a quieter setting and give him a compliment on his dog for a stop and chat as Larry David would say.

In summary we had the deal done for the Barcelona full back that’s went to Leeds all done with club and player only for MA to pull it. This has pissed Bruce off massively and he’s now getting offered players he doesn’t want which is pissing him off further.

The son or brother of the guy who bought Bristol City wanted to buy us but as we’d expect MA wants the sale of the club structured so any future cup wins etc etc over a long period of time he gets a cut of profits etc.

Some Peruvian businessman was also interested but got sick of being messed around and many others haven’t shown proof of funds.

There are some Qatari’s wanting us now but at £280 but MA not budging on £320 up front.

Anyway this guy was something to do with Swansea and their recruitment and close to Hew Jenkins the former owner. Didn’t speak highly Cooper or of the new owners as did a leverage buy out which lead me to discussing the misuse of the O&D test in our case which he agreed with. 

Mentioned a few other deals yesterday but was hard to keep track. Think some club want Fat Sam.

That would be some turn around if Qataris ended up buying us.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So…

Great stuff, nice easy ride for Ashley, but don't say nowt cos he may pull out of the takeover.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Seeing more people talk about getting the match stopped so that's refreshing.

I would absolutely love it if we had the bottle as a fanbase to cause mayhem against West Ham and get the match called off. Unfortunately I just cant see it happening and I guarantee we'd get a points deduction off the Premier League (Still be worth it IMO, this is far bigger than the match) 

13 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I would absolutely love it if we had the bottle as a fanbase to cause mayhem against West Ham and get the match called off. Unfortunately I just cant see it happening and I guarantee we'd get a points deduction off the Premier League (Still be worth it IMO, this is far bigger than the match) 

I can't see that, as surely they wouldn't be releasing those details; if that was their intention. It's the only thing that would probably get noticed though, as the rest of the stuff will be off the field, not enough people involved and barely reported by the National papers

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Anyone else wonder whether the pitiful fine imposed on the big 6 for the ESL involvement is simply the big 6 cartel providing the EPL with funds to continue their legal battle with Ashley!!!

I doubt it but its possible.

The PL are loaded. There was an article a while back about the payments made to leagues further down the pyramid and something like 100m was missing. I tried looking for it the other day to respond to another thread about something else but can i fuck find it.