Jeff Hendrick (on loan at Sheffield Wednesday)

gdm

I don't mind him. He's always seemed an annoyance for opposition, just a constant niggly (not in a fouling way) type player who's safe with the ball without being too threatening to the oppo. A probable slight upgrade on Hayden. Problem being either if them should be at best squad players but between them will probably see an entire season.

It's a reasonable signing if we were investing properly elsewhere in midfield. Nothing wrong with squad depth but the problem is: there won't be any further midfield investment. This is it.

What on earth is this video  :lol: :lol:

My 6 year old son could have made a better video, they can't even edit the bit out where the ball hits the camera ffs  :spit:

So we know he stands around watching a lot.

A minute of footage and they couldn't get a single shot of him with the ball. :lol:

He also looks like a giant next to Atsu at the beginning of the video.

I don't mind him. He's always seemed an annoyance for opposition, just a constant niggly (not in a fouling way) type player who's safe with the ball without being too threatening to the oppo. A probable slight upgrade on Hayden. Problem being either if them should be at best squad players but between them will probably see an entire season.

I actually think that's a pretty good type of player to have in central midfield tbh, one of my main gripes has been that we buy too many midfielders who can pass nicely, but are too slow to close players down, prime examples being Colback and Shelvey. I like to see Hayden in the side for that reason alone, although he can be a bit clumsy in possession. If he's an upgrade, then might not be a bad signing.

Guest reefatoon

Hayden was gagging to escape under Rafa. Seems to have stopped his bleating on about leaving under Bruce. Must prefer the giggles of training now.

Hayden should be one of the first names on the teamsheet tbh. Without the players or strategy to take the game by the scruff of the neck or dictate the tempo, we're heavily reliant on those who can do the ugly stuff effectively. We need players like Hayden to break up the play as much as possible.

It's a shame. He was improving a lot under Rafa. Could have gone on to become a good all rounder, and a genuine contributor to a team that played good football and was capable of forcing the issue from time to time. Right now he's just there as someone who can tackle a bit. Without him we'd concede even more chances.

Guest reefatoon

His 'bleating on' about 'gagging to leave' was because his newly born daughter wasn't very well. Do you blame him for that?

And now he prefers it under Bruce, so is happy to stay. If my daughter was ill and I wanted to leave, there would be absolutely no way I would change my mind, especially for someone like Bruce.

His 'bleating on' about 'gagging to leave' was because his newly born daughter wasn't very well. Do you blame him for that?

And now he prefers it under Bruce, so is happy to stay. If my daughter was ill and I wanted to leave, there would be absolutely no way I would change my mind, especially for someone like Bruce.

Believe he changed his mind under Rafa

I'm pretty sure he's said his daughter is doing a lot better now. He said the ovation he got in the Fulham game helped sway him too (which was under Rafa). Maybe don't make up your mind about it before knowing all of the circumstances?

He was getting pelters from some for wanting to leave when his daughter was ill and now getting criticised for wanting to stay.

Guest reefatoon

I'm pretty sure he's said his daughter is doing a lot better now. He said the ovation he got in the Fulham game helped sway him too (which was under Rafa). Maybe don't make up your mind about it before knowing all of the circumstances?

He was getting pelters from some for wanting to leave when his daughter was ill and now getting criticised for wanting to stay.

I'm just going of what Hayden said himself in that article. Bruce was a "big reason" why he stayed.  Not really sure why we are going into all this here really, the original comment was just a daft dig at Bruce and his shite training.

Guest reefatoon

Because it sounded like a dig at Hayden for being desperate to move under Rafa and then everything magically got better once Bruce arrived

Actually aye, that too. anything for an easy life.  I think a few players were glad to move from Rafa's regimental style to a more easy, arsing around gig under Bruce. Also think Hayden realised he wasn't going to be making a step up, as if any half decent team had come in for him, he would have been off like a shot, Bruce or no Bruce.

Because it sounded like a dig at Hayden for being desperate to move under Rafa and then everything magically got better once Bruce arrived

Actually aye, that too. anything for an easy life.  I think a few players were glad to move from Rafa's regimental style to a more easy, arsing around gig under Bruce. Also think Hayden realised he wasn't going to be making a step up, as if any half decent team had come in for him, he would have been off like a shot, Bruce or no Bruce.

I think you could say that about most players tbf. No player with any ambition wants to hang around with a club run like ours. The ones who do are generally the Shola types who know this is the biggest club they are going to play for.

Guest reefatoon

I think you could say that about most players tbf. No player with any ambition wants to hang around with a club run like ours. The ones who do are generally the Shola types who know this is the biggest club they are going to play for.

Totally agree.

I don't really get where this criticism of Hayden comes from. Has he said anything about not liking Rafa's 'regimental style'? Or that he wants the easy life of arsing around under Bruce? Always thought him and Rafa had a really strong relationship and Hayden's always been a good professional

So strange.

I don't really get where this criticism of Hayden comes from. Has he said anything about not liking Rafa's 'regimental style'? Or that he wants the easy life of arsing around under Bruce? Always thought him and Rafa had a really strong relationship and Hayden's always been a good professional

So strange.

I think you'll find he hid from Rafa to not discuss tactics when he just wanted to eat his dinner once. Workshy bastard.

Another waste of a signing  :idiot2: OK for free but what about wages?

A Burnley reject, 28 yrs old and a 4 year deal!? He'll be laughing all the way to retirement.

We have the Longstaff's that don't get many games and are young with potential, I hope they are pushed down the pecking order. (I suspect they will be.)