Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

His attacking stats this season. 0 goals. 0 assists. 0 through balls. 0 big chances created. Crossing accuracy of 39%. Two thirds of crosses aren't accurate FFS. He has a s*** manager yes but those stats are minging.

And how many goals and assist have Dummett, Yedlin, Krafth and Manquillo?

Our team doesn't have a single player that is producing anything of note at the moment. Not one.

100% all on the manager for me. Don't see how it can be any different at all.

We got played off the park and beaten by a team that had garnered 2pts from 17 games this season. Do you realise how bad we are at all?

We signed him as an attacking full back. Fine. You expect a trade off, better at attacking, not as good at defending. But he doesn't take opposing players on. Ever. And that's not on the manager. That's his fault. If he is one on one with the other teams right back, he has to try and take him on. He never does. He bottles it and turns around and passes the ball back. Every. Single. Time.

Add onto the fact that he cant cross a football we have been absolutely robbed paying 15 million for this quality of an "attacking full back."

Okay, well we'll see how his career goes once he leaves this shit.

Meanwhile we'll be complaining about the next guy that we spent money on who is underachieving as well. Same old nonsense every time.

Okay, well we'll see how his career goes once he leaves this s***.

Meanwhile we'll be complaining about the next guy that we spent money on who is underachieving as well. Same old nonsense every time.

Kaka, we have a shit manager. Tactically we are poor. But that doesn't mean players get a free pass 100% of the time. In moment to moment gameplay, Lewis just isn't very good. Not taking on players ever: that is his decision. Two thirds of crosses not being accurate is because of his skillset.

There are more players in the squad who are far more deserving of not getting a 'free pass' then a young kid who is having the confidence and maybe even ability (given the players who have regressed under the dust shagger) coached out of him, in a team and under a manager with a pathetic, loser's mentality.

Lewis has been shit this season and there's no way in hell either he or any of our other younger players for that matter will improve under this rancid cunt of a manager and a cheap cunt of an owner really, but that's a different conversation to have.

samptime29[/member]

I hear you man, and neither am I absolving the player completely.

However, it's clear the team is terrible and he isn't being put in a position to consistently get forward and build any rhythm or confidence in those areas.

He's clearly now lost confidence along with the whole team and they are all playing not to make any mistakes, and are likely being told not to take any risks out on the pitch, which is why we always go backwards or hoof the ball all the time (everyone does this not just him).

You probably don't agree, but that's just how I see things.

He's very average. Main issue for me is that he looks like a rabbit in the headlights at times, the sort of player that needs more tactical instruction than just "You're playing left back, son." and he's clearly not getting it.

Aye. He needs/needed Rafa tbh.

samptime29[/member]

However, it's clear the team is terrible and he isn't being put in a position to consistently get forward and build any rhythm or confidence in those areas.

He's clearly now lost confidence along with the whole team and they are all playing not to make any mistakes, and are likely being told not to take any risks out on the pitch, which is why we always go backwards or hoof the ball all the time (everyone does this not just him).

I'm not ruling him out totally yet. I appreciate you have to see how he performs under a different manager. I can only judge him on what I have seen so far and the early signs arent very promising.

samptime29[/member]

I'm not ruling him out totally yet. I appreciate you have to see how he performs under a different manager. I can only judge him on what I have seen so far and the early signs arent very promising.

It's a rough situation man. It's so difficult to actually know what we really do have as a team because everything is being done so badly.

I would love to see a half decent manager come in that knows how to get a team playing, but even that is seemingly too much to ask with the current owner. It's just so unfortunate.

samptime29[/member]

It's a rough situation man. It's so difficult to actually know what we really do have as a team because everything is being done so badly.

I would love to see a half decent manager come in that knows how to get a team playing, but even that is seemingly too much to ask with the current owner. It's just so unfortunate.

Fair enough mate. I hear what you are saying.

Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he looks like a deer in headlights when he get the ball. That ball Max played in to him, all he had to do was hit it, and he bumbled  his first touch before blasting it miserably high and wide. It didn't even need that extra touch.

I’m really not interested in criticising young players in this coaching setup but I couldn’t help but think Willems would have burst the net with the chance he dithered over.

Wouldn't say 23 is particularly young any more. Over 100 senior apperances, 40+ PL, 18 International caps.

Can't be using 'he's young' to try and mitigate him being pretty average, and having a shit season.