Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

twice he could have played a decent pass up the wing, and twice he turned back.  must be a confidence thing.

The guy has been in the team all season doing this, and we all see it every game happen multiple times and it is mentioned over and over again in the match threads.

So ... you would think surely the staff have noticed it too and must be insisting he play the ball forward right? If so, at this point shouldn't he be playing that forward ball more often at least some of the time? Even if it's a poor pass and he gives the ball away, surely it's better than inviting pressure constantly by going backwards continuously.

I think from what we've seen it's very clear he hasn't been pulled up on this at all, which is honestly so shocking I don't even know where to begin with that. The whole club is a shambles.

I’d take him out until the summer, hopefully a new manager with a full pre-season can fix him. I’m not having that he’s actually this bad in real life. Play Ritchie or (hock, spit) Dummett.

Aye. Stick by what's been my opinion of him all season. I think there's a canny player in there. His confidence is shot to bits by various factors and admittedly he hasn't helped himself on a few occasions, like the WBA goal at SJP or being so easy for wingers to beat. Bruce will never get the best out of him or any other player for that matter as the lad needs coaching and morphing into a better player. Funnily enough, Rafa would probably have been perfect for him as would the 3-4-3 we played post Almirón in the latter part of 2018/19.

He's been really bad thus far this season, but I won't write him off until he can actually play in a team full of confidence and not being coached by Steve Bruce. The former and the latter will seemingly always be mutually exclusive.

Should have just brought in Willems on an incentivised contract, pay as you play deal.

We offered Carroll a contract when he should have been sent to the knackers yard

If we brought Willems in 1st week of January he wiuld be up to speed by now

One of the back passes he made did not make any sense at all, we were in a good position to attack and he had space, he just stopped, turned and kicked it back for no reason at all.

One of the most frustrating NUFC players to watch all time. His only job is to pass the ball to ASM, but he refuses to do so

One of the back passes he made did not make any sense at all, we were in a good position to attack and he had space, he just stopped, turned and kicked it back for no reason at all.

One of the most frustrating NUFC players to watch all time. His only job is to pass the ball to ASM, but he refuses to do so

Too often when the ball is coming over to him, the shape of his body telegraphs the fact that the only thought in his head is to put it back to the keeper.

Having said that, I think he is improving.

Norwich had worst defence in the league, and shipped goals for fun. Fair to say him playing every week wouldn’t have helped tighten things up.

Can’t defend, can’t attack, weak as piss, loses out every-time when a player makes body contact, can’t pass forward, can’t run forward, can’t cross a ball. Easily the worst first choice full back in the league. Such a dweeb, reminds me of that nerd at school that would stand shivering and jump out of the way when the ball came, or at best toe punt it aimlessly on whatever direction they were facing.

• 2 weeks later...

Would rather he just shut up and didn’t come out with nonsense like that. Been piss poor since he turned up, and looks like a carrier bag in the wind would get past him every game.

Nobody cares what players have to say like this, just win some matches.

• 1 month later...