Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

Exactly how high was he rated by Norwich fans? Was a mainstay in a back four that shipped goals for fun and finished bottom without a whimper.

Aye, fair enough - must be hard to look good playing for Bruce, but he's being asked mainly to defend within his own half, and he looks positionally lost, weak as piss and no courage to do anything with the ball, taking a man on, or overlapping. Playing for Bruce has surely got to be easier on him than for Norwich last season, where he's left open defensively by his side being so open and/or he's expected to be getting forward more.

Seems like we've been done over again by Norwich, another Jacob Murphy over again. We always thought there was a player in Murphy in his first season despite being totally dreadful; years on, and he's still looking no better.

I live in Norwich and have a lot of Norwich supporting mates. They all said when we signed Lewis that he wasn't worth the price tag and we over paid. Said he was more of a full back than a LB as he was suspect at defending. Also at times they played one of their RB's at LB as it gave them more strength in defence than when Lewis played there.

I live in Norwich and have a lot of Norwich supporting mates. They all said when we signed Lewis that he wasn't worth the price tag and we over paid. Said he was more of a full back than a LB as he was suspect at defending. Also at times they played one of their RB's at LB as it gave them more strength in defence than when Lewis played there.

Max Aarons? Still there, but was linked with Bayern in summer. Ben Godfrey been playing LB for Everton, but always thought he was CB last season.

Can never really remember watching Norwich, but remember pundits/media saying they played good stuff, but could never get a win. My perception of them was they were pants and worst team in the league by a mile, but Beundia was good and Cantwell seemed good but was a massive fanny. 

Well I can only go off what I have seen of him and he's an awful defender.  Never looks confident, never seen a decent tackle from him and his crossing is meh.  He does look comfortable when on the ball and I probably agree with others that he is being coached by a moron.

Pleased for the lad. Fuck it I'm delighted for all the players, they've gone out and proved they're anything but "shite". But I reckon this lad just needed a little less responsibility, and more liberty to get forward and show what he CAN do. What is he, 23? Young, but not a child. He's at that age where his first team appearances should be helping his development massively. But when there is no development plan, no tactical plan, [and no plan to sack the bloated cunt responsible] they have been destroying him.

Hopefully today has encouraged him.

Pleased for the lad. f*** it I'm delighted for all the players, they've gone out and proved they're anything but "s****". But I reckon this lad just needed a little less responsibility, and more liberty to get forward and show what he CAN do. What is he, 23? Young, but not a child. He's at that age where his first team appearances should be helping his development massively. But when there is no development plan, no tactical plan, [and no plan to sack the bloated c*** responsible] they have been destroying him.

Hopefully today has encouraged him.

Agree was most pleased for this lad today, not the only player’s confidence who has been broken by the joker in charge.

Started really well. Gave that needless free kick away for the goal. Then lost his head and had a mad five minutes. Looked scared the rest of the game.

Don’t want to feel like I’m singling him out. But just one of many players we have that just don’t seem good enough. We love chucking money at flimsy, weak looking wide players from Norwich, obviously.

He's scared of his own shadow. He was just looking at ASM at times when he should have been on the overlap. I'd like to see him under a capable manager but he has to take some responsibility for his own game at some point.

He'd be absolutely fine if he wasn't terrified every time he gets the ball. So many times his first touch is turning backwards. Infuriating along with his hesitancy on throws. Him, shelvey, hendrick biggest factors in the lack of tempo