Ritchie

Manquillo or Murphy

Hayden

Take your pick

Almiron or Fraser

Saint-Maximin

Wilson

So obvious, yet Bruce is oblivious.

Or so wedded to the notion that three at the back = negative Rafaball...

He’ll be gutted Liverpool wouldn’t pay the extra few million. He’d only have a handful of appearances but he’d be learning and improving so much more than he is here.

He should have held out for that move because he has regressed here from the non existent coaching

• 1 month later...

I was going to say he looks like a championship player but even players in the championship have one or two redeeming qualities, he seems to panic every time the ball or an opposition player comes towards him, we can pull whoever is playing left-back in our U-23 side and he will do the same job if not better.

Nothing good to his game at all, scared to take on anyone and scared every time he gets the ball. We are basically a man down whenever he plays.

Had to laugh at one point for an Almiron crap cross, Lewis just standing there behind him not even making a run to try draw a man away, no movement at all.

He just seems to panic when he gets the ball, like he might believe the senior players around him are miles better so he should look to them immediately. He needs to realise quickly they're as shit as he is, and just do his thing with no fear, ahead of him ASM plays with no fear 100% confident and just doesn't care, he's obviously a miles better player, but Lewis needs to feed off the type of player ASM is. Otherwise he's already going backwards here, and will continue to do so.

It's not like theres any competition at LB they're all shit that play there, maybe he also sees that he doesn't have to do much to get selected.

We used to have a player just like him, he shit his pants when he received the ball, cant remember who it was?🤔

(Think I'm thinking of Mike Williamson?)

Players like ASM and Craig Bellamy literally want the ball, love the ball and are freaking out when they dont have it, Craig Bellamy epitomizes a Jack Russell and a ball.

Apart from players who were already here before Bruce who had shown their colours (Shelvey..) I refuse to overly criticise any new signing whilst under the management of aforementioned silage heap.

Yes he’s been poor but aside from Wilson who’s still playing on muscle memory, every single player has gone backwards.

I get that he’s been rubbish but I’m loathed to criticise any young player needing coaching under this setup. Liverpool nearly signed him at one point so I’m guessing he has far more ability than he’s shown so far.

Needs a decent coach and to play in a team which isn’t constantly giving the ball away

This is exactly what I was coming into this thread to say. Young player who needs coaching and that applies to most of our players. When you have a boss who has literally no idea what he's doing, it's going to affect every single players game.

He's a left back that is more forward thinking and should be playing in a footballing side and not one that sits in their own box all game defending.

It's why Liverpool wanted him as backup for Robertson. When we get relegated they'll get him for a good price and he will go on to do just fine for himself.