Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

Without Wilson nor Wood our goal threat is incredibly limited. We’ll obvs need goals from midfield. I, like everyone else, haven’t seen a goal threat from JL. Perhaps JL as false 9 to try and hold the ball up for a couple of seconds until ASM, Willock and Bruno can get close to him would offer something of a problem. 
We’ve all seen you can’t bang the ball up to him and hope he holds it but it worked the channels, dropped deep to lay it off, maybe it could help us move up the pitch until Wood is fit (if his toe problem keeps him out too).

If Wood plays JL should stay in MF or as link player if he can.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ah, back to whining on again. The six day respite was lovely.

I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding. Why is there renewed moaning about the transfer window? Didn't we know that Wilson was out for a long time anyway? This isn't new information is it ?

Just now, Robster said:

I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding. Why is there renewed moaning about the transfer window? Didn't we know that Wilson was out for a long time anyway? This isn't new information is it ?

I think he was expected back in March, but its looking more like April now. I assume with this news Chris Wood's value has plummeted by another five million quid due to developing a second left foot.

Not good news, but with Wilson even if he come back in March, he’s likely to break down again. This ought to have been addressed in January really, Wood alone even with Wilson returning wasn’t going to be enough or should ever have been considered enough. I know the club tried to bring in another striker/forward, but they had a whole month to get another one in and didn’t, that is a failure on their behalf and I just hope it doesn’t backfire and we go down.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

I like Wilson but I think I would replace him in the summer

First-team aye, but I’d keep him as a squad player still!

13 minutes ago, andycap said:

Surely we go with miggy if wood gets injured. He would stretch other teams back fours with his runs. He might not score a ton but should bring our willocks et Al in to play. 

I can't see him working as a striker, I think in order of preference it would be:

Gayle

Joelinton

ASM

Willock

None of which would be good.

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

I like Wilson but I think I would replace him in the summer

Don’t think we will , was talking to a lad today and he’s just paying over a £million for a house in the area . He’s here to stay .

wow, that really is bad planning.

its inexcusable we didnt get another pacy front man in.

wood was a panic buy to get a striker in for the watford game, hence the gamble. but if the plan was that he would be our main striker for the rest of the season then we have royally fucked up.

it is "hoped" we have wilson back for the end of the season - even that is in doubt.

fucks sake.