Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

18 minutes ago, alexf said:

I was hoping both him and Gordon came off sooner in that Forest game. With hindsight we now know Murphy wasn't capable of coming on,but it still doesn't change the fact that Eddie has been reluctant to bring people off when we are trying to see out a game. He just doesn't seem to trust the others. 

But I think that mentality is costing more than potential dropped points in one off games. Sure we might have conceded a late goal at Forest if we had subbed Gordon or Wilson sooner, but we now have lost Wilson for 2-3 months where he might have contributed to more than the potential 2 dropped points. 

I know it's impossible to truly predict injuries, but there is definitely a pattern where players, especially those returning from injury, have been pushed beyond their physical limits. Joelinton, Willock, Isak to name a few.

A torn pec is highly unusual in football. It's a regular thing in American football as it's a big muscle and it takes some torque to tear it. This one doesn't fall under the "knackered and got injured" category is my thought.

21 hours ago, Menace said:

Coincidentally injuries were at their lowest when cabbage head was here - maybe he needs the Ledley King treatment and only train a few times a week with a very light schedule. Sad really.

"No intensity is our identity"

• 2 weeks later...

Wilson would have to be extremely thick if he got mad that we didn't let him go in January. And the line about not wanting to heal as quickly as possible. :lol: 

Why are people linking made up bullshit like this, surely you don't want to give clicks and views to bullshit merchants and encourage them to come up with even more ludicrous rumours in the future?

1 hour ago, Joelinton7 said:

https://x.com/joelblandsport/status/1763303234733490496?s=46&t=DcLbGwd6hoDY9gGMy-ZgEw

Says Wilson wanted to sign for Atleti in Jan and tensions have arisen because of it. Doesn’t want to be third choice and has removed a bid for a house in Newcastle. Needs to take a pay cut if he wants to stay. 

Spelt Atleti wrong. Dont trust him. 

This is where the club are going to need to start being ruthless and ignore fan reaction a bit more. There'd have been a lot of negativity had we sold him last summer or in January but we probably should have done it. 

10 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This is where the club are going to need to start being ruthless and ignore fan reaction a bit more. There'd have been a lot of negativity had we sold him last summer or in January but we probably should have done it. 

Yep. I was one of those saying we needed to give him a contract extension, but I'm a fan, what the fuck would I know? We need ruthless overlords, take no prisoners.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

This board is weird.

For one person - we want patience and understanding. We would never want to become Roman-era Chelsea.

For someone else -  we need ruthless overlords, take no prisoners

Which one is it?

Depends who you're asking.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This board is weird.

For one person - we want patience and understanding. We would never want to become Roman-era Chelsea.

For someone else -  we need ruthless overlords, take no prisoners

Which one is it?

You've just taken the wildly disparate views of two different posters and equated them with the board as a sum.

Don't think it is the board that is weird.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Most posts in this thread suggest we should've been ruthless and sold Wilson last summer.. no?

In other threads for other people.... most people are advocating patience.. no?

I really can't tell if you're on the wind up these days, but wouldn't it depend case to case? Wilson was banging them in last season, but he had a poor injury record prior to that. In hindsight last summer would have been the perfect time to sell him. Same could be said of Almiron, although he is at least good to play for the majority of a season so he's never going to be a liability.

It hasn't worked out but I'm glad the players who had years of shite and then got us into the champions league had a crack at it. Easy to say Wilson should have been sold but he was coming off the back of a cracking season and was happy to be rotated with Isak which gave us a striker and backup better than the majority in the league too. 

I dont think anyone was asking for him to be sold last summer tbf. Is his stock not at an all time low right now?