Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Wilson has surprised me, for sure, he's clearly brilliant at getting on the end of chances. I still prefer Rondon, even if he wasn't as much of a goalscorer. Such a polished target man. But I'd love Wilson in another Newcastle.

Best since Remy or Ba? I think Ba was better but Remy when fit was great for us.

Rondon for me, though I think Wilson (evidently) has more goals in him, I enjoyed how Rondon enabled us to play, really powerful but also stylish player.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how good Wilson's work is outside the box. He holds the ball up surprisingly well given he's not the biggest.

Rondon against Bournemouth at home in the 2-1 win.

Unplayable.

In the win against Man City too, remember thinking through the first half, even after we went 0-1 down in 25 seconds, that their defence was struggling to handle/deal with him.

He’s just likeable, really. Seems a decent bloke, he’s English (not a massive thing, but we rarely seem to have England Internationals). He works hard with his defending from the front and hold up play. He’s scoring goals off shit service and limited chances. Plus, to top it all off, he is a handsome fucker.

I think Wilson is a nice blend of Remy, Ba and Rondon. Hes a good at everything, a nice all rounder but I doubt he has the quality to reach the numbers of a Ba/Remy.

The fact he keeps scoring for us is astonishing to be Frank, as we give him fuck all to go on. Certainly suggests his attitude and concentration are spot on.

I don’t see him having the range of finishing of Ba. But from what I have seen so far, with his back to goal, he’s just as good as him.

He is strong with his back to goal. I'm most impressed  with his concentration. He gets fuck all service  but when he does get a chance: he is alert and ready.

All of his goals have came from near the 6 yard box or the pen spot.  You can't compare his finishing to Ba or Remy imo.

Yeah, they would get an extra half dozen goals from carving out their own chances. Wilson doesnt seem to have that in his locker, neither did Rondon TBF.

Honestly think Man City made a huge error not signing him

Wilson is banging them in when fed on scraps. He should score fucking double if at City. :lol:

To get double, all he'd have to do would be to equal his second half tally with us in the first half of games. He's never scored for us before half time. That's where defending from the first whistle gets you.

His conversion rate must be ridiculous for us. Would love to see an exact statistic.

Pretty sure that was his first shot last night in the 89th minute. Which showed up the difference in quality between him and joelinton even more. Joe had loads of chances before and scuffed every single one. Wilson scores with his first one.

Feels like he would be close to 100% with shots on target and goals scored this season.