Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

Played a bit wider and just bullied Digne and Keane.

Yeah, he was out right quite a lot with Almiron occupying the middle. And it was working. I was watching thinking....is, is...is this...tactics?

Rather than lumping it up to him all the time, Manager Graeme Jones seemed to have him running the channels instead, and it worked very well.

His comment about what they worked on in training this week was telling.

Yup, I clocked that.

Especially when he said 'Front foot this week (!), we can't be sitting back all the time. We have to be getting forward, especially with the players we have (!)'

Very telling.

The first goal was the hardest chance of the lot. I know it was a free header. But no right to be netting from there.

Hitting the post was bad. Should be scoring that. The one at the start of the second half wasn’t as bad as it looked, I don’t think. Don’t think it was an out and out sitter.

His all round game was great. Strong, ran channels, neat footwork in tight areas and he buys fouls. Oh yeah and he scored two!

Nice to have a proper 9 at the club.

So weird, like a different player in terms of pace, power and application.

It’s almost like someone sussed out what his strengths were and then organised the rest of the team to play to them

100%

So weird, like a different player in terms of pace, power and application.

It’s almost like someone sussed out what his strengths were and then organised the rest of the team to play to them

It's games like this which make you wonder just how good he is. He looked genuinely top class today, the sort of striker who would look at home in a title winning side.

Guest Howaythetoon

Decent balls, support, some movement behind him and alongside him and he scores goals, not rocket science, very clever forward and a brilliant signing thus far, lovely handsome bastard too, give him that number 9 so we can add to the pantheon of iconic 9s.

Decent balls, support, some movement behind him and alongside him and he scores goals, not rocket science, very clever forward and a brilliant signing thus far, lovely handsome bastard too, give him that number 9 so we can add to the pantheon of iconic 9s.

We don't need to know that you keep that close of a look at him.

Guest Howaythetoon

We don't need to know that you keep that close of a look at him.

I’m straight as a dye, but I would...