Callum Wilson

Strawberry

I wonder if he has mentally checked out from the World Cup. Pure guesswork, but being selected for the WC has been the peak of his career and to not get as many minutes as he may have hoped and for the tournament to end early, maybe he’s deflated? 

Just trying to understand as we know what he’s capable of but we’re not seeing it since the restart. 

I'm a massive Wilson fan, and I am reluctant to write him off, but not sure he's getting a new contract unless he hits the net pretty soon. The service wasn't great, but he stil has to show more movement. We looked better when Isak came on if only because he showed for the ball more.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm a massive Wilson fan, and I am reluctant to write him off, but not sure he's getting a new contract unless he hits the net pretty soon. The service wasn't great, but he stil has to show more movement. We looked better when Isak came on if only because he showed for the ball more.

I think he's already got the contract, hasn't he?

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

I think he's already got the contract, hasn't he?

Just googled it and yes he has. Not too disappointed tbh, he's still a goal scorer, our squad is stronger with him in it.

13 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Reckon he may be off back down South in the summer. If either Bournemouth or Southampton stay up that would be a decent move for him.

There'd be no shortage of buyers IF we wanted to sell him.Danny Ings is a great example of what goals are worth in this division.

51 minutes ago, TRon said:

I was here about 6 weeks ago, I’ve moved on now to not wanting him to start for the foreseeable future. Have seen todays performance too many times now.

9 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I was here about 6 weeks ago, I’ve moved on now to not wanting him to start for the foreseeable future. Have seen todays performance too many times now.

Still don't think you can blame a striker if there's no service.

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

I think that’s a fair point in general but it doesn’t mitigate for what he’s been contributing since the WC.

Something is definitely up with Wilson, his pace is non existent and he doesn't seem as strong in the ball. If he wasn't scoring  he was always a handful for the opposition's defenders and created time and space for our other attackers. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I think that’s a fair point in general but it doesn’t mitigate for what he’s been contributing since the WC.

The World cup came at a bad time for us tbf, not seeing much from many of our players since then, world cup or not.