Callum Wilson

Strawberry

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I think Gordon can play as a third choice striker, as opposed to bringing in a player over the hill/mercenary willing to sit on the bench. Ordinarily you could have Barnes, Joelinton or even Almiron filling in on the left

Guessing once it gets to January we can at least unregister Tonali to free up a slot somewhere in the squad somewhere.

:lol:

Someone said we should have kept Chris Wood yesterday!

It's going to have to be someone that's not top notch as no one is giving up their strikers without a big fee.

Who do you guys think could be a good shout then? Interested to see what folks think.

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

:lol:

Someone said we should have kept Chris Wood yesterday!

It's going to have to be someone that's not top notch as no one is giving up their strikers without a big fee.

Who do you guys think could be a good shout then? Interested to see what folks think.

To be fair, that was James. Not the worst thing he's ever posted on here surprisingly.

12 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

To be fair, that was James. Not the worst thing he's ever posted on here surprisingly.

True!

Just looking around I've been seeing mentions of the likes of Toney, Boniface and even Osimhen regarding a striker signing.

Think there's going to be quite the meltdown from folks in January.

Edited by KaKa

43 minutes ago, KaKa said:

True!

Just looking around I've been seeing mentions of the likes of Toney, Boniface and even Osimhen regarding a striker signing.

Think there's going to be quite the meltdown from folks in January.

I don’t think we will see any meltdown on here tbh, I think most people are aware FFP is a thing. 

Didn’t we get like £15m for Wood by the way? :lol: There is no scenario on earth where that wasn’t the right decision to sell. :lol: I’d play Dummett at striker if I had to, as long as im getting that 15m for Wood. 

Edited by Decky

Since wood left we are short of third striker that can come in and play while isak and Wilson rest.we have a striker on the books kuol whether hes ready yet or not it would be better than shifting most our team around to fill in positions they're not 100% comfortable in. I mean we are bringing the academy products to our bench already so what harm would kuol have done keeping him. 

8 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

Gordon has looked great at CF to be fair.

His movement has been good but i don't think he's been that good in general play lately. Probably tired or something.

Ferguson would be ideal, but would cost an absolute bomb, you'd think. But as a young striker who could rotate, get plenty of game time, and eventually take the number 9 shirt, he's probably top of my (admittedly very limited) list. 

Coming back down to earth, I can't think who we could get in January. Would a loan for Ekitike be ridiculous?

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Ferguson would be ideal, but would cost an absolute bomb, you'd think. But as a young striker who could rotate, get plenty of game time, and eventually take the number 9 shirt, he's probably top of my (admittedly very limited) list. 

Coming back down to earth, I can't think who we could get in January. Would a loan for Ekitike be ridiculous?

Playing purely fantasy football he would be my pick for a PIF statement signing... Could be this generations Shearer

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'd almost rather have Chris Wood back.

No, strike that. It's close though.

I'm not saying it's the greatest option, but it's the best out of a bad bunch for us at the minute.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not sure any PL club has 3 capable strikers TBH. Almost impossible now everyone starts with only one.

100% City only have Haaland and Alvarez, Man U have Hoiland and Martial, Arsenal have Gabby and Nketiah, Villa have Watkins and Duran, Spurs have Son. 

If any of those teams outside city get our injury issues they are in more trouble than we are.