Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Just now, joeyt said:

Do many teams have 3 senior central strikers?

Genuine question I can't think of many in the prem 

I can't either, but I'm sure no other team in the Prem has two senior central strikers who are made of biscuits in the way that we do.

With Isak's issues last season and Wilson's for years on end, it's inevitable Gordon would end up filling in at times. The bit you'd not expect was a long termer to the bloke meant to fill in for Gordon on the left.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

If haaland and Alvarez get injured I’m pretty certain City would find some £80m kid in their academy to fit it. Not sure anyone else has that option though,

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

No, Liverpool have attackers who can play all 3 positions 

Nunez - Diaz - Gakpo - Jota - Salah 

Just now, Shearergol said:

If haaland and Alvarez get injured I’m pretty certain City would find some £80m kid in their academy to fit it. Not sure anyone else has that option though,

They won the title with no forward 

Just now, joeyt said:

Has been mentioned a few times of late. I would guess the answer is not many. But I’d also say plenty of teams have systems or players that can cover multiple roles across the attacking positions. Liverpool, City, Arsenal to a lesser extent.  

I would also say not many teams have two massively injury prone strikers as their only genuine options for that position. I really don’t see Gordon as more than a stop gap. Which would be fine if the first two choices were not missing all the whole. We also have no youth players anywhere near good enough to step in. Or even a wide forward type who could cover. 

Just now, joeyt said:

Not really, no.

Would likely have to be someone that can play out wide too like Isak.

Ideally a left footer that can also play on the right, but whose profile is like Isak and so can link play in deeper areas.

The only guy I can think of that fits that exact mould is De Ketelaere at Milan, but he's on loan at Atalanta already.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I was thinking a younger striker to learn would do, but think it has to be another first team level type or very close.

Callum and Isak seem like they just aren't the sort that can handle a lot of games at the intensity we play.

It’s certainly looking like that. Thing is Wilson is going to become a big part player more and more. He may well

become the 3rd rotating striker option. I’d argue we should potentially be looking at a striker to rotate with Isak if we can get them but getting a player like that in Jan might be difficult. Maybe a wide player who can also play striker in Jan ?‍♂️ and then get another proper striker next summer depending on our targets and availability. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It’s certainly looking like that. Thing is Wilson is going to become a big part player more and more. He may well

become the 3rd rotating striker option. I’d argue we should potentially be looking at a striker to rotate with Isak if we can get them but getting a player like that in Jan might be difficult. Maybe a wide player who can also play striker in Jan ?‍♂️ and then get another proper striker next summer depending on our targets and availability. 

Going to be interesting to see what they do. Tough situation.

As good as we think Wilson is the truth is he is not a Champions league level striker and i think that has shown in the 4 games he has been involved in. Hes decent as a rotating striker in the premier league but when youre playing up against elite teams you need that extra edge and dimension just like Isak has

Id love us to go balls deep in for Osimhen and use Wilson as a 3rd striker option as going forward if we are going to want to go deep in 4 competitions every year then we are going to need 3 options up front for me

1 minute ago, James said:

We made a mistake selling Wood in my view.

as we have goals all over the team we don’t need striker 3 to be be superb, just a body either with top league experience or with great potential.

:lol:

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

A new striker and a winger like Neto next summer would take us up another level. 

Neto will be beyond us unless the likes of Chelsea Liverpool and man city have actually overspent and have to finally abide by FFP....but we know that's bollocks to them 

4 minutes ago, BullyDogs said:

As good as we think Wilson is the truth is he is not a Champions league level striker and i think that has shown in the 4 games he has been involved in. Hes decent as a rotating striker in the premier league but when youre playing up against elite teams you need that extra edge and dimension just like Isak has

Id love us to go balls deep in for Osimhen and use Wilson as a 3rd striker option as going forward if we are going to want to go deep in 4 competitions every year then we are going to need 3 options up front for me

Certainly not as a lone striker. With someone playing in behind him think he'd be fine, but we don't setup that way.

12 minutes ago, James said:

We made a mistake selling Wood in my view.

as we have goals all over the team we don’t need striker 3 to be be superb, just a body either with top league experience or with great potential.

Ok, slight step too far. Mods? Admins? You there?

9 minutes ago, James said:

Who is the Sibierski of 2023?

Josef Martinez perhaps.  Contract expiring, former team-mate of Miggy.  Would only need to be a 6 month contract as a bench warmer.