Callum Wilson

Strawberry

1 hour ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

He is an Alpha player and has to get used to being second choice or move on... 

Actually think a two year contract in Saudi would be ideal for him as he deserves rewards for the effort he put in for us during the Bruce years!

I wonder whether many players in his situation regard being binned off to Saudi as a "reward," lucrative and undemanding though it may be.  Maybe more of a consolation prize for someone who wants to keep competing at a high level but can't find any takers.  I don't know.

10 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

He is an Alpha player and has to get used to being second choice or move on... 

Actually think a two year contract in Saudi would be ideal for him as he deserves rewards for the effort he put in for us during the Bruce years!

The fuck does this mean?

8 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

I wonder whether many players in his situation regard being binned off to Saudi as a "reward," lucrative and undemanding though it may be.  Maybe more of a consolation prize for someone who wants to keep competing at a high level but can't find any takers.  I don't know.

Millions and millions of pounds and a life of absolute luxury wanting for nothing is a hell of a consolation prize :lol:

He seems perfect for the Saudi league. Still a big name, he went to Qatar with England after all, so attractive to them. I don't think his injury record would be such an issue there either as the pace of the league is slower so he'd likely have fewer injuries. Kante was almost permanently injured for his last couple of seasons in the Premier League, he went to Saudi and he looks a player reborn in the Euros. 

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Sun, luxury lifestyle, easy league to play in, loads of money. I can see the attraction if you ignore the moral angle. 

Not too sure about the luxury lifestyle tbh, not much having it large on a Saturday night over there. Also, reckon the sun stops being a positive when it's like 6000 degrees every day.

You're effectively accepting your career is over and opting to go and hoover up loads of money to do next to nothing.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Not too sure about the luxury lifestyle tbh, not much having it large on a Saturday night over there. Also, reckon the sun stops being a positive when it's like 6000 degrees every day.

You're effectively accepting your career is over and opting to go and hoover up loads of money to do next to nothing.

It's a luxury lifestyle, I imagine you'll live in something like a 6-star hotel or apartment complex with your every need catered for. You can't get a drink but you can't drink anyway because you're a professional footballer. 

Go from your air-conditioned home to your air-conditioned training centre with twice-daily dips in your private pool. I think it'll be bearable. 

You're right about the career of course, but if you're already on the wane it might be preferable to dropping down a division in England. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a luxury lifestyle, I imagine you'll live in something like a 6-star hotel or apartment complex with your every need catered for. You can't get a drink but you can't drink anyway because you're a professional footballer. 

Go from your air-conditioned home to your air-conditioned training centre with twice-daily dips in your private pool. I think it'll be bearable. 

You're right about the career of course, but if you're already on the wane it might be preferable to dropping down a division in England. 

I think most of them choose to live in the UAE or Bahrain and commute in.

5 hours ago, brummie said:

it has it's down sides as well

9 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Not if you don’t want to live in Saudi Arabia.

What would be his options if he doesn't? Sit out his contract at Newcastle and play at some lower level in a year's time?

1 hour ago, TRon said:

What would be his options if he doesn't? Sit out his contract at Newcastle and play at some lower level in a year's time?

Sounds better then living over there to me personally.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Nee way, if someone offered me two years work and i could retire very comfortably, I'd jump at it.

Just now, Ben said:

Nee way, if someone offered me two years work and i could retire very comfortably, I'd jump at it.

Even if you were worth Wilson’s fortune? Look I love our club and all that but sorry I just cannot get behind.. well you know where this is going.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I get that, although that is your own personal view, nothing to say he shares it.

What we do know is if he sits out his contract here, we'll be £15-20m worse off as a club, and it will stop us buying another striker who might stay fit for more than 40% of the season.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Even if you were worth Wilson’s fortune? Look I love our club and all that but sorry I just cannot get behind.. well you know where this is going.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have to adjust, I burnt my shins yesterday sitting for 45 mins in the Stanley sun.

Just now, TRon said:

I get that, although that is your own personal view, nothing to say he shares it.

What we do know is if he sits out his contract here, we'll be £15-20m worse off as a club, and it will stop us buying another striker who might stay fit for more than 40% of the season.

Really understand it from a club and I hope he’s up for it but Jesus Christ - it’s Saudi Arabia ffs.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Really understand it from a club and I hope he’s up for it but Jesus Christ - it’s Saudi Arabia ffs.

There were plenty of people who have worked there for good money long before we got bought out. He'd be getting paid to play football, probably have unimaginably luxurious digs, and spend most of his time on his own private beach or something. I know it's a restrictive country but let's have some perspective here, he's not going to get flogged if fails to sing the national saudi anthem before games. At least I hope not.

Edited by TRon