Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Newcastle United- 27/09/20

Greg

We deserved nothing from the game but you could tell the last 5-10 mins that we thought there might be a sniff of a result for us. They didn’t look comfortable with Carroll at all and got nervous. They also were far less of a threat going forward without Son

It was clearly a penalty. He raised his arms which blocked the ball. That’s on them for being stupid enough to give us the chance of stealing a point.

What I'd like to know is, Spurs were on the attack down our end during the whole var check from the free kick and hand ball scenario, let's say at that moment they had scored before the check was complete, would they have lost that goal and had play bought back to award the penalty?

Because that would have been brutal.

And I'm still thinking the way Brighton lost their game to Man Utd was worse than what happened in ours.

What I'd like to know is, Spurs were on the attack down our end during the whole var check from the free kick and hand ball scenario, let's say at that moment they had scored before the check was complete, would they have lost that goal and had play bought back to award the penalty?

Because that would have been brutal.

And I'm still thinking the way Brighton lost their game to Man Utd was worse than what happened in ours.

Yes they would have lost the goal. It has happened before.

Joe Linton did ok yesterday, OK being that he put in the shift but didn´t really contribute in much of what he is supposed to do (create danger). I don´t think Bruce is doing a bad job with him, giving him minutes to build some confidence. I would love to see him come good and the only way is to build him up...

Bruces´ post match comments on the tactics (lack of) for yesterday were lamentable, reminded me of Pardew tbh.

In my 90s playground interpretation of hand ball it was definitely a hand ball. My general view is that refs haven’t been giving enough hand balls for many years and this is now appropriate correction.

Use of arms is fundamentally against the rules of the game. Regardless of where he was looking Dier made his arm ‘active’ by raising it and stopped the ball going from A to B. That’s a penalty.

It should only not be a foul if the arm is tucked into the body and the ball would have struck the body if the arm wasn’t there. That is true accidental.

In a World Cup semi-final where England get knocked out due to last minute VAR handball, Dier is the guilty party.

In my 90s playground interpretation of hand ball it was definitely a hand ball. My general view is that refs haven’t been giving enough hand balls for many years and this is now appropriate correction.

Use of arms is fundamentally against the rules of the game. Regardless of where he was looking Dier made his arm ‘active’ by raising it and stopped the ball going from A to B. That’s a penalty.

It should only not be a foul if the arm is tucked into the body and the ball would have struck the body if the arm wasn’t there. That is true accidental.

In a World Cup semi-final where England get knocked out due to last minute VAR handball, Dier is the guilty party.

:lol:

Have you ever played football? Or jumped?

Hahahahaha

Have you ever played football? Or jumped?

I was the team’s Shelvey so no, not much jumping. But our coach always drilled us of the risk of arms leaving the body.