Football governance

Nobody

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

So now Chelsea and Man City are seen as good guys for withdrawing?

Think there's a feeling they were last to join and were cajoled somewhat by the American owners. But not for me, they all need some punishment.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

What do we think the punishment might be?

I'm not sure the EPL can really because they never said they were leaving and UEFA will just be pleased to have them back.

Absolute horseshit if they just flutter their eyelashes and plead ignorance. They knew exactly what they were signing up for and they also knew exactly what it would do to the rest of European football and they went ahead and signed the documents anyway. Fuck them, don't give me the little red ridinghood shit, they're fucking snakes, they walked into it eyes wide fucking open.

Just now, toontownman said:

Fine. Maybe a ban from Europe, probably just a fine. 

no ban for europe uefas response to City withdrawing is congratulating them on their intellegence and welcome back to the football family 

httphttps://twitter.com/PopworldBaby/status/1384600958345400330?s=20s://twitter.com/PopworldBaby/status/1384600958345400330?s=20https://twitter.com/PopworldBaby/status/1384600958345400330?s=20

[emoji38]

7 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

What do we think the punishment might be?

Fuck all...

Aleksandar Ceferin, the president of Uefa, has had this to say on City’s withdrawal from the Super League project:

I am delighted to welcome City back to the European football family. They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans - that have spelled out the vital benefits that the current system has for the whole of European football. As I said at the Uefa Congress, it takes courage to admit a mistake but I have never doubted that they had the ability and common sense to make that decision. City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.

For all the chat about young people wanting change, and I've no doubt many are less wedded to tradition as others but, it's telling that nearly every photo I've seen of people protesting this in person has looked young.

It hardly encourages to rest to leave too if the first words are you're still banned lolol. Albeit i completely agree things cant go back to way things were before. How about since they said this was to benefit all of football we demand huge solidatiry payments from them al down the league for next 10 years to benefit all the struggling clubs who arent struggling cos they spunk billions on shit players every year

Just now, Disco said:

For all the chat about young people wanting change it's telling that nearly every photo I've seen of people protesting this in person has looked young.

you'd almost swear Perez is an out of touch old man who hasn't a fucking clue what he's talking about 

Uefa president welcomes Man City withdrawal

Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin has welcomed the withdrawal of Manchester City from the breakaway closed league project.

“I am delighted to welcome City back to the European football family," said Ceferin.

“They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans - that have spelled out the vital benefits that the current system has for the whole of European football; from the world beating Champions League final right down to a young player’s first coaching session at a grassroots club.

“As I said at the Uefa Congress, it takes courage to admit a mistake but I have never doubted that they had the ability and common sense to make that decision.

“City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.”

What a crock of shite that statement is.

what is his term, legacy fans? that means actually living breathing one, the new future fans the esl wants are cloned in vats to work in the cryptocurrency mines and have esl pumped right into their brains for 200% of their paychecks