Football governance

Nobody

11 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Interesting that the branding doesn't at any point include Europe in it. 

It also has a globe on it. Think we know where this is going..

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

But he isn’t. And this is about more than league position it’s about somebody ripping the heart and soul out of a football club. I mea. The Glaziers are taking something like 60 mil out of that club every year

Don't they have to to continue to pay back the loan they took out initially to buy the club in the first place, hence all of the hassle? Using the club's income to pay for itself essentially? 

Just now, midds said:

Don't they have to to continue to pay back the loan they took out initially to buy the club in the first place, hence all of the answer? Using the club's income to pay for itself essentially? 

Yes, exactly. 

4 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I hope this Super League will never happen. With the way the CL is now running, football has a great product, even with the Europa League. "For me, the Champions League is the Super League, in which you do not always end up playing against the same teams

Klopp 2 years ago

He seems like a man of integrity. Interesting to see how this plays out. Hope they ask him about it tonight.

I’m not sure. I’m sure @Froggycould explain better. The point still remains Manchester United are able to compete because they’re fucking huge but have had the heart and soul ripped out the club as much as we have. This latest move proves that imo

Edited by Rafalove

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

I’m not sure. I’m sure@froggy could explain better. The point still remains Manchester United are able to compete because they’re fucking huge but have had the heart and soul ripped out the club as much as we have. This latest move proves that imo

Please don’t compare a club which actually tries with ourselves. 

It's the year 2029 and welcome to the amazingly wonderful World Soccer Series!

Teams from all over the world, including Manchester Blue Boys, Barcelona Magicians and Shanghai warriors play off in the New Super Series.

Worldwide TV coverage starts at a mere 100$ a game, thanks to our amazing sponsors Coca Cola (canned cheers!)

Only the best players in the world take part - and earn salaries of not less than 1,000,000$ a Game (more canned cheers)

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the future of the world game of soccer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Also this seems to be essentially cutting out beIN (and Sky) from top level European football and devaluing their most valuable league broadcasting deals.

I don’t think it does. But that’s one of the interesting elements of this for me. 

how will they handle the tv rights? I wonder if they cut out the tv companies and go direct to consumer streaming. 

Just now, Candi_Hills said:

Sorry for being a bit out the loop but what exactly is the plan? Do the mega powers leave the PL completely? Who gets to play in the champions league?

They form a new league and won't participate in the CL. What happens to the CL, nobody knows. They want to stay in their domestic leagues, but the governing bodies have threatened they might be excluded. 

Just now, Candi_Hills said:

Sorry for being a bit out the loop but what exactly is the plan? Do the mega powers leave the PL completely? Who gets to play in the champions league?

They planned to leave European comps and play in super league while playing in the leagues on weekends 

I think there's a fair point in what @Rafaloveis saying, but would agree with the rebuttals regarding any comparisons with us. ManU aren't trying to be mediocre but, like us, they're having their heritage and cultural importance undermined by the whims of external influences. The likes of Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher don't feel it so keenly because the hideousness of it is masked by the distraction of success. That's why I'm pleased to see them really start to feel what it's like.

That being said, I could be wrong, maybe I've got it all wrong about those clubs. I don't know what ManU etc do in their communities or in terms of trying to uphold their heritage. I suppose it probably isn't absolutely nothing, as is the case with Ashley/us. 

Still, it's somewhat cathartic seeing these entities expose themselves as the imposters they've become over the past twenty years, thanks mostly to the Premier League and the greed of a minute few. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I think there's a fair point in what @Rafaloveis saying, but would agree with the rebuttals regarding any comparisons with us. ManU aren't trying to be mediocre but, like us, they're having their heritage and cultural importance undermined by the whims of external influences. The likes of Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher don't feel it so keenly because the hideousness of it is masked by the distraction of success. That's why I'm pleased to see them really start to feel what it's like.

That being said, I could be wrong, maybe I've got it all wrong about those clubs. I don't know what ManU etc do in their communities or in terms of trying to uphold their heritage. I suppose it probably isn't absolutely nothing, as is the case with Ashley/us. 

Still, it's somewhat cathartic seeing these entities expose themselves as the imposters they've become over the past twenty years, thanks mostly to the Premier League and the greed of a minute few. 

They probably do plenty of good stuff though the normal functioning of their various departments and foundations etc... doesn't mean the owners themselves actually care/know much about it. 

I guess every modern owner doesn't really care about the same things fans care about. The trick is finding a balance between their own ambitions and the ambitions of fans; some/most are clearly content to tip the see-saw to the extent that they put their own ambitions way above the fans'. That's where the comparisons with Ashley are totally fair, only it's being revealed/delivered in a very different way.