Football governance

Nobody

45 minutes ago, Sima said:

Premier League Statement

’In line with our valued colleagues at UEFA we have decided to not impose any sanctions on the English clubs involved in the now-defunct Super League.

We welcome these clubs back into the Premier League family as we progress towards the end of the 2020-21 season’

Fucking spineless cowards.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Punishment isn't massively important to me, it's more important to make some reforms to the game. Obviously not confident they will happen either. 

For them each to have shown utter contempt towards their respective nations' football system, and receive absolutely no sanction whatsoever, leaves a very bitter taste. Just points to them, depressingly, retaining every ounce of power despite - for once - putting themselves in a vulnerable position. Aye reform is crucial, but that's going to take years; this lot should have been made examples of and there'd have been a swell of support behind any such decision. 

2 hours ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Well blow me down with a feather.  Fucking bunch of kunt cowards.

It's not cowardice, it's self interest. They are all part of the same trough, it was only ever a problem when it looked like a few elite clubs might move on to an even bigger trough and cut this lot out. Now they are back in the fold, both clubs and officials can get their snouts deep in again, all friends. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

For them each to have shown utter contempt towards their respective nations' football system, and receive absolutely no sanction whatsoever, leaves a very bitter taste. Just points to them, depressingly, retaining every ounce of power despite - for once - putting themselves in a vulnerable position. Aye reform is crucial, but that's going to take years; this lot should have been made examples of and there'd have been a swell of support behind any such decision. 

I get what you mean, I suppose I just never thought it was likely. At the end of the day the PL is a members club, and punishing 6 of their biggest and most important members just seems unlikely. 

I'd be happy to see something happen to them mind, don't get me wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Pretty big protest at Arsenal.

132e7ef0-7875-4afc-b589-ad3496d397e2.jpg

Wow! Just seen the video. Never thought I would see the day we get put to shame by Arsenal fans but here we are. They have done more tonight against their owner than we have in 14 years against Ashley depsite Ashley been far worse 

14 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Wow! Just seen the video. Never thought I would see the day we get put to shame by Arsenal fans but here we are. They have done more tonight against their owner than we have in 14 years against Ashley depsite Ashley been far worse 

Yep. I always see stuff on here to the tune of, "What else can we do?", "We've tried everything?", "He's rhino-skinned". We've done nowt but silently line Mike's pockets.

32 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

We should have had 5x that amount for Bruces first game but not a peep. 

And that's why Ashley is still here and rafa left! Our fans haven't got the bollocks to miss games truth faith proved that

59 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Not like tubes to completely overreact :lol:

See Souness advocating heads must roll and not fines/ points deduction as that penalises the fans. 

It absolutely should be both. The fans need to see the affect this decision has on their club and make them even more determined it doesn’t happen again. 

If only a few sacrificial lambs are offered up the owners have absolutely got away with it.

3 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Has there been protests at any of the Spanish/Italian clubs?

Nothing to that scale but on some podcast I was listening too they said the objections hadn’t been as vociferous for a myriad of reasons.