Football governance

Nobody

1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Have none of them noticed that almost every game this season between the "big" clubs has been absolutely shit?

If enough people tell you something is good then enough people will actually think its good.

Itll just become a marketing exercise

Does anyone know how the superleague clubs feel about uefa's cl expansion plan? If they oppose it, is it possible the superleague announcement is designed to give them more power in negotiations on format or tv rights?

I don’t understand how they don’t realise the novelty will wear off.

A very limited number of clubs playing against each other, over and over again. As others have mentioned, the best thing about football is when an underdog goes on a bizarre run.

It’ll never happen.

Just now, Thorpinho said:

Does anyone know how the superleague clubs feel about uefa's cl expansion plan? If they oppose it, is it possible the superleague announcement is designed to give them more power in negotiations on format or tv rights?

They wanted it like that, that’s the baffling thing. They are obviously doing it so they have more money more than anything else.

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Have none of them noticed that almost every game this season between the "big" clubs has been absolutely shit?

Sky never say "well that was shit" though. The most depressing thing is people will pay for it on top of paying for everything else. 

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t understand how they don’t realise the novelty will wear off.

A very limited number of clubs playing against each other, over and over again. As others have mentioned, the best thing about football is when an underdog goes on a bizarre run.

It’ll never happen.

Well for now. That's the point they will have the power and pick and choose expanding when they feel like it and want to paddle board new members into the fraternity.

4 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Would neutrals even be bothered about watching these matches?

I've not watched the 'Big Six' matches this season, they're all just boring. No interest at all.

Who knows? I imagine there would be a lot of anger initially but then curiosity I think will get the better of them.

Capitalism is the enemy of culture.

5 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Would neutrals even be bothered about watching these matches?

I've not watched the 'Big Six' matches this season, they're all just boring. No interest at all.

Hmm, not sure. I’m more likely to watch Man City v Liverpool than Burnley v West Brom. I probably wouldn’t watch either game recently though. 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Hmm, not sure. I’m more likely to watch Man City v Liverpool than Burnley v West Brom. I probably wouldn’t watch either game recently though. 

Aye but you’d sharp watch Burnley vs West Brom if it is a title challenge and Man City vs Liverpool is a mid table clash that’s going to cost £100 just to watch on TV.

Is there any kind of European super League that we could get behind? Like for example if you get promoted and relegated from the league and it was simply one level above the PL?

Just a suggestion btw, I'm not so sure it would be popular in any format

Edited by Klaus

The solution is obvious, the UK and EU governments pass laws that protect the viability of the football pyramids and stops the elite clubs pulling the ladder.

The idea that a National League Club could ultimately win the Champions League as the very pinnacle of the football world must be a right enshrined by law, as must be the idea that successively bad Manchester  United teams could end up with them in the National League

9 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I'd genuinely rather watch Burnley-West Brom than Man City-Liverpool, but recognize that's not typical. Probably my fave is a team fighting relegation, then an underdog who I think have a good chance against a bigger team. E.g. West Ham or Leicester, maybe Leeds v one of the 'bigger' teams at the moment.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

Hopefully the clubs involved will be backpedaling like fuck.

Probably, still feel like there should be repercussions for the constant scaremongering they're causing.