Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

I thought Greenwood handled it first. Hence the massive appeal from the Chelsea players straight away

Replays showed he didn't though.

Kinda glad in a way that isn't a pen mind. As long as the refs remain consistent with it. Seen more harsh ones be given.

I know they have to try to sell it, but the bar for what constitutes an exciting game really is at an all time low. The usual cliches of "bright" and "bubbly" being used when a game between 2 "big teams" is in fact just boring with neither team prepared to take risks.

Guest neesy111

Right decision in the end I think, shouldn't be getting penalties for that

Agreed.

Penalties should never be given for it, you're right, but they have been. So that is a penalty by these new rules.

I do think it would've been a pen earlier in the season, but the fact there was 2 arms of 2 players close to each other I thought it wasn't unnatural as it was a tussle.

Guest neesy111

I know they have to try to sell it, but the bar for what constitutes an exciting game really is at an all time low. The usual cliches of "bright" and "bubbly" being used when a game between 2 "big teams" is in fact just boring with neither team prepared to take risks.

AND IT'S LIVE!

Chelsea not as good to watch under Tuchel imo.  Probably a good thing for them.

Yeah, "functional" is the word but can't knock the results he's getting so far. Think they were at the point where they needed someone like that.

Seems to be deliberate on OGS' part mind, another goalless draw in a so called big game. And I don't necessarily disagree with the approach in a sense, they're not at the point in their development where they're good enough to go and boss these sort of games tbh. Next season though I don't think he can get away with being so cautious.