Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Fucking ridiculous, that. Fabianski hardly gained an advantage when the penalty was struck that poorly anyway.

So why’s he doing it then if he’s gaining nothing from it? We’ve seen saves this season (Darlow for example v Man U) which shows they don’t need to do it. :lol:

Keeper has to be touching the line when the kick’s taken. He’s probably paid £50k a week and he’s cost his team a goal by not following something so basic, even more so when he knows he’s going to be pulled back if he saves it and he’s stepped forward.

It's natural instinct to step forward. You don't dive sideways from being flat-footed. Yes he should've stood behind the line but we're talking inches at best.

It's just an utterly petty thing to pick up on.

It shouldn’t matter though. You can still move forward and be touching the line with your trailing foot. They know the rules and are paid millions. I’m pretty sure during training over the course of the months where they know this is being clamped down on, the keepers can learn to dive and stick within the laws. Darlow managed perfectly fine against Man Utd.

West Ham should play Soucek as centre forward. Haller is s**** and Soucek can’t play midfield.

Not watching the game but I’ve thought Soucek has looked one of the better midfielders outside of the usual big clubs this season.

West Ham should play Soucek as centre fotrward. Haller is s**** and Soucek can’t play midfield.

Not watching the game but I’ve thought Soucek has looked one of the better midfielders outside of the usual big clubs this season.

Amazing how better they look without the overrated Mark Noble in their starting line up