Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Havertz has looked lost ever time I've seen him. Game seems to move too fast for him.

Not used, at all, to playing against deep lying or mass ranks of defenders. Clearly talented but playing in a new position away #10 I don’t think helps him either.

Havertz has looked lost ever time I've seen him. Game seems to move too fast for him.

Not used, at all, to playing against deep lying or mass ranks of defenders. Clearly talented but playing in a new position away #10 I don’t think helps him either.

Yeah, Werner is also struggling with this a bit from what I've seen.

I’ll likely be wrong about this but they’re 6 points from safety. I’ve got a feeling they’ll start putting some results together (I know today they’ve been awful) and maybe get out of it.

I sort of hope they do as well, I like Wilder.

Amazing to go from how they were last year to being relegated after 12 games. Impressive almost.

Playing with a complete lack of confidence, Southampton have been fantastic this game, but there's zero tenacity or urgency from Sheffield. Playing like they're already down.

It's a shame to see them in their current plight.

It does look like teams have now found ways to nullify their overlapping 3 CBs system and that, in combination with a lack of quality in midfield and upfront, seems to have destroyed the team's confidence.

Signing Brewster but starting him from the bench behind the likes of McBurnie and McGoldrick (players who work hard but offer little in the way of movement) doesn't particularly make sense. Wilder is stubbornly persisting with a failing system and it doesn't look like he's open to making any tweaks to it any time soon.

They were a Championship team punching way above their weight last year thanks to excellent tactical management and the element of surprise.

People have worked them out and their total lack of quality has become very clear. Be surprised if they get 25 points.